Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

TWO

I woke up the next morning to soft taps at my near bedroom window. Thinking it was the wind, I rolled over and smashed a pillow over my ear, drowning out the taps. Once the noise had ceased, I removed the pillow from my ear and went to fall back asleep.

A few moments later, I heard the soft taps at my window again. Annoyed, I groaned and reluctantly opened one eye, rolling back over to see what was disrupting my first night's sleep in my new house.

To my surprise, and a bit to my disgust, admittedly, it wasn't the wind or branches or anything tapping on my window, it was the adorable neighbor I met last night, Billie Joe Armstrong. I smiled groggily, and mushed my face into my pillow. Billie Joe just continued to tap softly on my window, waiting for me to open it and let him in.

I looked back at Billie Joe still tapping on my window five minutes later. "Let me in," he mouthed, pointing at the locked window he had been tapping on.

"I'm sleeping. Go away," I mouthed back, smirking. Daryn stretched out at the end of my bed, walking up and nuzzling the hand laying over my body outside the covers.

"Just let me in, dammit. It's freezing!" Billie Joe mouthed desperately, rubbing his hands over his arms signaling he was cold.

I sighed, getting out of bed to open the window. The locks clicked as I unhinged them, and the window frame strained a little as I pried the window open, but, with Billie Joe's help, we opened the window just wide enough for him to snake his way in. Not expecting such a long fall, Billie Joe thumped onto my carpeted floor, making me laugh. He hopped up, brushing himself off, pretending like nothing had just happened.

Taking a glance at the time, he turned around and closed the window behind him as quietly as possible. If this was going to be a regular thing, having cute neighbors crawl in my window at 8:30 in the morning, these squeaky windows were going to become a problem, and fast.

"Hi," he said, smiling like he always climbed in his new neighbors' windows the morning after they move in.

I smile and giggle. "Hi," I said, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"I noticed the moving truck is still at the curb," Billie Joe said, taking off his black Converse and placing them in the corner of my bedroom.

"Yeah, at 3 am the movers were tired, so they moved the pull-out couch into the basement, my mom and I put sheets on it, and they slept there for the night. Speaking of sleep, I should still be asleep! I didn't fall asleep till 3:30, and I should let you know now that lack of sleep and I have never gotten along well," I explained.

"Get used to it, Arizona, if you want to be hanging out with the likes of moi," Billie Joe told me, pointing to himself as he climbed onto my bed. He occupied the spot I had vacated only five minutes previously to let him in the window.

"I'll keep that in mind. Now move your ass out of my spot," I noted, walking back over to my bed.

"What if I don't want to move? This spot right here is pretty warm," Billie Joe teased.

"Then I'll just lay on top of you and hope I don't have to feel the boner you might get," I answered teasingly, walking ever closer to the side of the bed. Mind you, I was only wearing a tank top and a pair of boy-shorts.

"Well, with that in mind, I don't think you'll be getting back in this bed anytime soon," Billie Joe joked.

I laughed, and climbed onto my bed on my hands and knees, sitting down next to him. "I'll just take my chances," I said, laying down against the piece of pillow Billie Joe left me.

"I thought you said you'd lay down on top of me."

"Yes, well, in hindsight, that seems a little awkward. The only thing I know about is your name and the fact that you live in the cul de sac that my new street ends in. You're practically a stranger," I said to him. Billie Joe just smiled.

"Well, we'll have to fix that. And complete your promise." With that, Billie Joe lifted me up off of my bed and onto his body, laying me proportionately against him, lifting me like I was light as a backpack or maybe a guitar. He seemed like the type of guy that would play guitar.

I squeaked as he lifted me, surprised at how easily he lifted me. When I stopped giggling like a six-year-old girl, I said, "Hi."

Billie Joe laughed and said hi back. "This isn't so bad, now, isn't it?"

I giggled again. "No, but I'm cold," I said, sitting up to grab the covers I had kicked off previously.

"Good, I was cold, too," Billie Joe said, smiling and wrapping his hands around my waist and locking them together, above the covers, of course.

We laid there together for about five minutes, giggling and talking, before I fell back asleep.

~~~

What time is it?: The first thing I thought when I woke up again. Then I remembered the events that transpired earlier that morning and tried to shift position, but was hindered by some snakes around my waist. I giggled, and found a note stuck to my headboard.

Oh, hooray, it was my joyous mother. I could only imagine how pissed she was when she poked her head into my bedroom and saw the strange neighbor boy she had seen me talking to last night lying underneath me in my bed. AWKWARD. And that's pretty much what the note said: Arizona, you whore, who the hell is that boy lying underneath you in your bed. Thanks, Mom, love you, too...

Billie Joe seemed to have fallen asleep, too, and his phone rang in his pocket underneath me. Since it didn't seem like he was waking up to answer it, I stealthily drew it from his pocket and answered it. "Hello?" I answered quietly.

"Billie, where the hell are you?? Practice started half and hour ago, and you know we only have a week til our show next week at the club!" the guy on the other side yelled.

"Calm down, buddy boy, Billie Joe is sleeping. Can I help you?"

"Oh, sorry, sweetheart, didn't realize that Billie had a new fuck-buddy. Wake him up and tell him to get dressed and get his ass back to his house," the guy said, about to hang up.

"Woah, woah, woah! I am NOT Billie Joe's new fuck-buddy, I just met him yesterday," I interjected.

"Okay, okay, calm down, sweetheart. Just tell him to get his ass back over to his house, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Later."

"Thanks," the guy said, and hung up. I placed Billie Joe's phone back in his pocket and shook him awake. "Billie Joe, get up, you just got a phone call."

"You know you don't have to keep calling me Billie Joe. I'm just surprised you haven't gotten tired of it yet," he answered, eyes still closed.

I laughed. "Okay. Billie, get up, your friends want you back at your house for practice," I repeated.

Billie's eyes shot open and took a look at the clock on my nightstand. "Oh shit! I'm so late! Sorry, Arizona, but I gotta go. Hey, wait. Did you wanna come with?"

"I'll just meet you there. I don't want to make you another hour late," I told him, climbing out of bed and opening my closet.

Billie Joe laughed. "Okay, see you there," he said. He hesitated for a few seconds, before he got up off my bed and walked over to me.

"Yeah, looking forward to it," I said, turning around and smiling. Billie Joe kissed me on the cheek, and opened the window, hopping out and onto my front lawn before I could respond.

I walked to the window and watched him half-run back to his house. Did he think I would follow him looking like this? Oh well. I could bother him about it when I met him at his house.

I moved my hand up to the spot where his lips met the skin of my cheek, and remembered how sexy and rough his lips felt against my cheek.

Damn, Billie Joe Armstrong...
♠ ♠ ♠
by the way, you may be wondering how these first few are going up so fast. i'm copy-and-paste-ing them from somewhere else. so i will start actually typing them myself here at some point :)