Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

TWENTY-SIX

I sat there in complete and utter shock, while everyone around me had looks of anticipation on their faces. Oh my God, I thought. Billie wants to get married?? I mean, I love him, but...but I don't know! Arizona, think through this logically: One, Billie is madly in love with you. Not only does he tell me at least once a day, everyone else always tells me so when he's not in the room. I can also see the looks of happiness for us on their faces when we are together. Two, you're madly in love with Billie. He doesn't know how much, but you tell him so anyway whenever he tells you how much he loves you. And, not to mention that fact that you two are having a baby together, so that should be good enough to say yes right there. You're right, I thought to myself. "Billie?" I said aloud.

"Izzie, babe?" he said back.

A huge smile bloomed on my face. "I love you so much." Billie grinned. I took a deep breath, my smile spreading even wider. "Yes."

"Yes?" Billie confirmed, his eyes widening in surprise. I nodded vigorously, my smile now a grin taking up the width of my face. "Oh, Arizona!" he breathed, grinning.

I leaned over the bed-rail to give Billie a huge hug, but being careful of his ribs. I came up from the hug, kissing him deeply. "Billie," I said, smiling.

"Congrats," Mike said, patting Billie on the shoulder and then giving me a hug.

"Yeah, congrats, you two," Tre said, shaking Billie's hand and giving me a hug, too.

Ollie, Marcy, Holly, Anna, Zie, and Mary Jane gave both Billie and I hugs after Mike and Tre; only Billie's brothers, Alan and David, shook Billie's hand and gave me hugs. Some were awkward because I didn't know some of Billie's siblings very well, but they were polite all the same.

I gave Billie another kiss, lighter this time, squatting by his bedside and holding his hand. "Here," Ollie said, sliding the armchair in the corner over to the Billie's left bedside. "You can have the chair," she said.

"Thanks, Ollie," I said warmly, smiling and getting up to give her a hug. Ollie looked over at her youngest son and smiled; Billie smiled back at her.

It was at that point that people started leaving. Alan left first, saying he had to get back to work in Long Beach. Next, Marcy left, saying that she had left her husband in a rush, not explaining to him that her youngest brother had just been in a car accident, and he was getting angry. Third, Holly and Anna left together, claiming they hadn't spent a five-hour car ride together in a long time, and Anna's residence was on the way back to her home, Holly kept saying. David left last, saying that he had to get back to work tomorrow, and that the six-hour drive alone was going to be grueling, and her was better off leaving sooner rather than later.

A few hours later, Zie and Tre left the room, claiming they wanted to walk together, but we knew they were off to go find an empty storage room or bathroom to have sex in. Billie told me that Tre had a strange thing for having sex in the weirdest places and in the weirdest positions. I didn't inquire further.

Soon after Tre and Zie left, Mike and Mary Jane decided to go in search of better food than the stuff they had at the hospital, so that left Ollie, Billie, and I. With a smile on her face, Ollie silently left the room. Once the door was closed, I smiled at Billie, spreading out my fingers and moving my hand back and forth to watch my new engagement ring sparkle in the bright lights of the hospital. "Billie, how did you do it?" I asked.

"Do what?" he confirmed.

I looked at him, turning the ring towards his face. "Get this," I answered.

Billie smiled, watching me watch my ring glinting in the fluorescent lights of the hospital. "I wasn't always a man-whore, you know," he said.

I laughed. "Alright. That still doesn't make it clear to me how you were able to afford this," I said, watching it sparkle again, smiling.

Billie's smile didn't fade. "I didn't buy it," he said.

I gasped. "This is your mom's?" I asked incredulously. Billie nodded. I started to take it off, but Billie put his hand over mine, stopping me.

"Arizona, babe, it's fine. I asked her before I took it," Billie said.

I smiled, sliding it back onto my finger and letting it settle there. "I love you mom, she's such a sweetheart."

Billie smiled, bringing me over the bed-rail to kiss him. He broke off, looking straight into my eyes, imploring me silently to...well. I'll just say disobey the doctor. I watched him, thinking it over. Yes, I want to, but I'm afraid of either Billie hurting himself, or me hurting Billie. I backed away slightly, tightening Billie's grip on me. Or, at tight as his grip could get with one arm.

Billie slowly raised his eyebrows simultaneously, making his face take on the look of a fifteen-year-old boy. My face didn't change, and Billie's eyebrows returned to their original positions. "Sorry, I just got engaged. I'm not sure how to react," he said.

I laughed. "I noticed. But you know," I said, kissing him. "We don't have to not do something."

Billie's eyebrows traveled back up, this time in question. "Oh really?" he asked.

I shook my head and kissed him again, deeply. Billie kissed me back, but then immediately broke off. "Well, what did you have in mind?"

I shook my head again, my lips pursed. "I'm not telling," I singsonged.

Billie sighed, and I laughed, kissing him again. About half an hour went by before Billie and I were making out hungrily, and I hopped off Billie for two seconds to cover the room door's window. I returned to Billie, leaving nipping kisses on his jawline and neck. "Fuck, Izzie...," Billie gasped, not making it obvious that his labored breathing was very painful.

I smiled, moving further down his neck, now at the base. Finding and starting to suck on his sweet spot, Billie's hips bucked slightly, trying to make his moans less audible, but failing. I came up, watching Billie watch me. His mouth moved up to my ear. "Go down, babe."

I grinned, kissing his nose and slinking down his chest. I was about to...begin, but I was interrupted. "Whoa, Billie! You could've told us that you wanted a little more time alone," Tre said, bursting through the room door.

I jumped off Billie, looking up at Tre and Zie behind him. Did I mention that I wasn't wearing a shirt? AWKWARD. "Tre!" Billie yelled, grasping at his bandaged chest with his right arm. "What the fuck?!"

Tre laughed, bringing Zie inside the hospital room, Zie closing the door behind her. "Did you two have fun on your 'walk'?" I asked, using air quotes around "walk".

Tre shot me a look, and I smiled back at him. "Shut up..."

Zie laughed, giving Tre a small peck on the cheek. "Don't worry, dear, we made sure we used protection," she said, turning to me.

I laughed. "Where did you find a condom in a hospital?" I asked. Zie looked at me. I sat and thought, then realized what I said. "Oh."

"Wow, Arizona...We pawned them off some creepy old lady next to the storage room we fucked in! Where do you think we got it from?" Zie exclaimed, laughing.

We all shared a laugh, ending with Billie swearing because of his ribs. "I wish I could do something to make your ribs heal," I said to Billie, kissing the hand I was holding.

"I don't think giving Billie a blow job would help that, Arizona," Tre remarked.

"The peanut gallery is closed for today, Tre! Shut the fuck up!" I yelled. Tre just laughed.

"So when are you guys getting married?" Zie asked, smiling.

I smiled, looking over at Billie. "Before the baby," I said.

"Eight months? Yeah, we'll definitely be married before then," Billie said, grinning and kissing my hand. I yawned. "Tired, babe?" Billie asked.

I nodded, my mouth closing again. "Zie and I didn't sleep before David called me early this morning. So yes," I answered.

"Well come here," Billie said, patting a spot right next to him in his bed, after scooting over a few inches.

I smiled, climbing over the bed-rail and snuggling up to my fiance, a huge grin on my face. I used his right shoulder as a pillow, taking in his scent, which I could still smell underneath the heavily-starched hospital gown. "I love you, Billie Joe Armstrong," I muttered into his shoulder, my eyes closing.

He shrugged me closer into him, hugging me with his one available arm. "I love you, too, Arizona."

I only slept for about an hour before Billie woke me up. "What?" I asked groggily. Then I heard my phone ringing, and pulled it out of my pocket. "Hello?"

"Arizona?"

"Aran?"

"Yeah. Your mom and I are at the hospital in Berkeley," Aran said.

"Berkeley?"

"Yeah, your mom had to have an emergency C-section, so they rushed her to the hospital in Berkeley."

"Is she alright?" I asked, sitting up. Billie put his hand on my back for comfort.

"She's great. So is your new sister," Aran answered. I could hear the smile in his voice, and I smiled, too.

"Awesome! Can I talk to her?" I asked.

"She's asleep, but I can send you a picture of her and the baby," Aran said.

I smiled. "Okay. What did you name her?"

"Alaska. Your mom wanted to stay with the whole state thing," Aran answered proudly.

"That's adorable. I'll see her, you, and Mom tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll tell your mom when she gets up."

"Okay, thanks, Aran. I'm gonna go back to sleep."

Aran chuckled. "Alright. Bye, Arizona."

"Bye, Aran," I said, and hung up.

"So you have a new sister?" Billie asked.

"Her name is Alaska. My mom wanted to stick with the state thing," I answered.

"What do you wanna name our baby?" Billie asked, snaking his right arm around to my stomach.

I smiled, looking down at his hand. "Andrew for a boy," I said.

Billie's eyes welled up, and he brought me down to kiss him. "Just another reason to love you."

"I would do anything for you," I said, kissing him back and snuggling back up to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
she's serious.
<3