Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

THIRTY-ONE

CURRENT STORY DATE: 02/14/11

I woke up to the sound of soft guitar playing. I opened my eyes to bright lights, but squinted to see, wanting to know where that guitar was playing. I looked up, seeing Billie sitting on a short-legged stool with Blue in his lap, strumming softly. "My beating heart belongs to you, I walked for miles till I found you. I'm here to honor you, if I lose everything in the fire, I'm sending all my love to you."

I smiled, slowly sitting up and eventually rising from Billie's bed to walk over and keep my hands on his shoulders as he finished playing. Billie lifted Blue from his neck and walked over to the bed to set it down before walking back over to me and he embraced me and gave me a kiss. "Happy Valentine's Day," he murmured, smiling.

I smiled and kissed him back lightly. "Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Billie."

Billie's hands moved from my face to my waist, his face separating from mine. "I think we should spend all day in bed. I'll play you songs off my guitar, and I'll take you out for every meal," he suggested.

I laughed. "Billie, in case you've forgotten, it's Monday, and I'm still in school," I said.

"But it's Valentine's Day!" he whined.

"Well, take that up with Cue-Ball. I don't mind you following me around school all day, but I bet he will," I told him, detaching myself from him and walking to the bathroom.

When I returned to Billie's bedroom, Billie had laid out my clothes from my day bag onto his bed: my favorite pair of pregnancy jeans (they have an elastic strip in the waistband), a white tank top, and a pink blouse. "For Valentine's Day?" he asked.

I smiled, letting a chuckle escape from my lips. "Well, there is a thing going around school that if you wore pink on Valentine's Day, everyone would know that you have someone," I explained.

"And what if you don't have someone?" Billie asked.

"You wear red."

"Is the school trying to set up some sort of weird blind date service out of the people who wear red?" Billie asked distastefully.

I giggled. "Yes. But even the teachers are wearing red," I added.

Billie raised an eyebrow as I folded my pajama pants and put on my pregnancy jeans. "Are they, like, encouraging relationships between students and teachers or something?"

I burst out laughing. "No, Billie! There's gonna be a separate pool for single teachers."

"Well what if there are three single teachers?" Billie asked, watching me pull my tank top over my head.

"Umm...I don't know. Stop asking so many questions!" I whined.

Billie chuckled, walking over and planting a kiss on the top of my head. He waited until I had shrugged my blouse over my shoulders and buttoned it before wrapping his arms around my waist and swaying me side to side. "You're too cute," he murmured.

I smiled slightly, unwrapping his hands from my belly and placing his arms by his side. I turned around to his confused and slightly hurt face. "Billie," I addressed him, sighing. "Did you think I would just come back to you and everything would be alright?" I asked.

"Well, yeah," Billie answered.

I sighed again and hung my head, looking back up at Billie within a few seconds. "Billie, it's not gonna be like that. You cheated on me. I'm very reluctant to let you back in," I admitted.

Billie's face fell. He didn't speak for a few minutes as I applied my makeup while waiting for my straightener to heat up. "I understand, I guess. I just kinda thought you'd be a little more forgiving."

I turned around to face Billie, eyeliner pencil in hand. "I have forgiven you, Billie." I turned back to the mirror, penciling my other eye.

"I know you have, and that made me so happy, but I'm kinda disappointed that you're so...reluctant, as you said."

I sighed, dropping my eyeliner back in my makeup bag. "I'm sorry, Billie, but you need to accept the fact that you were with another girl while your new pregnant fiance is worrying her ass off about you," I said.

Billie sighed. "Yeah, yeah, I understand where you're coming from."

I picked up my straightener with a smile. "I'm glad you understand. Will you be driving me to school this morning?" I asked.

"Of course," Billie answered, smiling. He picked up my folded pajamas and placed them in my day bag. "Do you mind if I drop off your bag at your house on the way there?"

I smiled at Billie in the mirror. "That would be amazing," I said. I set down my straightener for a moment as I walked over to Billie and gave him a light kiss on the lips. "And kiss-worthy," I added. Billie just chuckled as I walked back to my straightener.

~***~


When Billie picked me up from school that afternoon, he turned out the opposite way and I turned around, looking back at the way back to my house. "Billie, we're going the wrong way."

Billie smiled, glancing over at me as we came to a stoplight. "I knew you'd say that."

I stared at Billie's profile, confused. "So where the hell are we going?" I asked.

Billie smiled again, this time not looking over at me. "You'll see."

"Ugh! I hate surprises," I groaned, leaning back in my seat. I stared up at the sky, cloudy and dull. "You think it's gonna snow tonight?"

"No, probably not. We might just get slush or something," Billie answered, pulling into a large parking lot.

I looked around at where Billie had parked his car. "Billie, where are we?"

Billie smiled and kissed me on the cheek. "A restaurant," he answered.

"Oh, Billie!" I whispered, flinging my arms around his neck and kissing him on the cheek repeatedly. Billie laughed and turned his head, kissing me on the lips. "Is all of this for me?"

"And Cadence," Billie said.

I grinned and kissed him again. "And Cadence," I repeated.

~***~


"Billie, that dinner was amazing," I said, lowering back into Billie's car.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Billie got into the driver's side and leaned over the stick shift to kiss me.

"I love you, Billie Joe Armstrong."

Billie grinned. "I love you, too, Arizona Willows."

"I'm excited for the wedding," I said, grinning.

"Me too," Billie said, smiling at me and turning the keys in the ignition.

"When is Cadence due again?" Billie asked, backing out of the parking lot.

"April," I answered.

"Is it gonna be hard to find a wedding dress that fits a seven-month-pregnant woman?"

I giggled. "No, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine," I said. Billie just chuckled, reaching a hand over at the next stoplight and rubbing it across my belly.

"Cadence is gonna be beautiful. Just like you," he said, smiling at me.

I leaned over and gave Billie a quick kiss before he stepped on the gas pedal, the wheels turning us closer together.