Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

FORTY-FOUR

"So you're not gonna leave again for a while, right?" I asked.

Billie hugged me close to his chest and I knew he was smiling. "No, love, I'm gonna be right here with you, Cadence, and our other little one for a while," he said. He turned on his side and placed a soft hand on my belly. "Are you excited?" he asked, quieter.

I smiled and kissed his nose. "Of course I am! Carrying Cadence was easy, and I'm sure that this baby won't be any trouble either."

Billie grinned and kissed me sweetly. "That's a great attitude to have, love."

"Are you excited?" I asked, giggling.

Billie continued to smile. "Definitely. I love you and Cadence so much, it was so terrible being away from you two, but I did have a lot of fun with the guys and just being on tour. Our fans are amazing! I can't believe there are so many of them!" he exclaimed.

I giggled again and pecked his lips. "You're so cute! I missed you a lot too, but I'm also glad you had fun. I think the missing you and the you not being here are the worst parts."

"Speaking of Cadence," Billie said, spontaneously changing the subject slightly, "I don't think I've seen her since I've been home!"

I sat up and stretched. "Well, I think we should go fix that." I got off the bed, arched my back, and helped Billie stand up. I stood on tiptoes and kissed his cheek quickly before taking his hand and leading him down the hallway.

"Where are we going?" Billie asked. "I saw Cadence's crib in my room."

"Your mom has her for a little bit," I said, releasing his hand and lightly knocking on the closed door of Ollie's bedroom.

"Hello?" she called.

I cracked the door. "Hey, Ollie, it's just me."

She looked over at me. "Oh, hi, Arizona. What's up?"

"I have Billie with me," I said, opening to door to show him behind me."

"Hi, sweetheart!" she exclaimed. I looked back at him and saw him smile.

"We were just talking and he said that he doesn't think he's seen much of Cadence since he returned, so I was wondering if I could have her back for a little while," I explained.

Ollie smiled widely and adjusted my daughter in her arms. "Of course, dear." She carefully stood up and walked over to me. I let go of the doorknob and took Cadence as Ollie gave her to me. I smiled at her and she giggled her adorable baby giggle.

"Thanks, Ollie."

"No problem, dear." There was a short pause, then Ollie said, "I'm not sure what to make for dinner tonight. What would you kids like?"

I heard Billie chuckle quietly. "You know I don't really care, Mom," he said.

"So what about you, sweetheart?" she said, turning to me.

I smiled and bounced Cadence lightly. "Oh, I don't know. I'm not very picky either, especially being pregnant."

Ollie smiled. "Alright then, you two are no help," she joked. "I guess I'll go poll the rest of the house." She shut off her television, stretched a little, and walked past us and down the stairs.

I turned around, in the direction of Billie's room, and nodded to him to walk back down the hallway. I went slow, cooing and smiling at Cadence as I walked. When we reached his room again, Billie shut the door behind me and I sat down on the edge of his bed. "Well come on, Billie!" I said.

He smiled and sat down next to me. I handed Cadence over to him and his smile grew ever bigger. "Hey, there," I heard him say quietly. I smiled. I just sat there watching him cuddle our daughter, and then she started to whine. "Okay, okay," he said, and handed Cadence back to me.

When she was done suckling, she was much quieter. Knowing her patterns, I stood up and walked over to her crib. When I placed her down, I beckoned Billie over. He smiled and came over next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist. We just stood there and watched our little baby, quickly falling asleep with her full belly.

"Look at us, Arizona," Billie said quietly. I just smiled and nuzzled my face into Billie's shoulder. "Look at our beautiful little family. It's so perfect. Just you me, and our child, soon to be children." Billie then turned my face to his and looked my right in the eye. "I love you, Arizona."

I grinned and kissed Billie sweetly. "I love you too, Billie."
♠ ♠ ♠
cute, short filler. i know. but it needed to be because i'm basically just putting cute things in until the next big thing to come. only six chapters left, everybody!