Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

FORTY-SIX

CURRENT STORY DATE: 11/29/11

"Billie, I still can't believe you did this," I said to him again, as we pulled into the unfamiliar driveway.

He smiled at me and leaned over the gearshift to kiss me. I smiled back at me as he pulled back, and he said, "It was sooner rather than later, love." He then got out of the car and came around to my door to help me out.

He took my hand and helped me out of his car. "Babe," I said, "We still would have enough room in your house now that Holly and David left for school."

Billie shut the car door behind me and locked it, stuffing the keys in his back pocket. He opened the back door and pulled Cadence's car seat out. He held her up to me, and I took her out and into my arms. I smiled at her and then looked back up at Billie, remembering that he still had to reply. "Yeah, but once you have our second child, we would be back in the same situation as when we first had Cadence," he said.

I chuckled at him. "Yeah, I guess you're right. So when is the moving truck getting here? I know you don't know this, but being five months pregnant takes a bit of a toll on your feet."

He chuckled back at me and kissed my forehead. "If you want, you can sit in the car until it gets here. I'll leave the door open," he said.

"If I really get desperate for a seat, then yes. Otherwise, I'll just keep standing." Billie chuckled at me again. "Hey, why don't you take Cadence, and I'll go get the keys to our apartment. At least I'll make myself useful," I suggested.

Billie smiled as he walked over and took Cadence from me. "Sounds like a great idea," he said, kissing me lightly as I lumbered over to the apartment building entrance.

When I entered the building, I started towards the reception desk. There was a red-haired twenty-something sitting behind the desk, loudly popping bubble gum. When I approached the counter, I rapped loudly on the wood to get her attention, seeing the pair of earphones she was wearing. She looked up at me with an annoyed expression, and took out an earphone. "Yeah?"

I gave her a disapproving look, and gracefully masked a sigh as a deep breath before saying, "Hi. I'm one of the new tenants of apartment 392. I'm here to pick up the keys."

The girl just popped her gum at me for a few moments, looking me over, before turning to the large wall of keys behind an even larger pane of glass that sat behind her. She took the keys off the desk and went over the large wall; she unlocked the glass pane and took down the keys to our apartment, then locked the glass pane again. "Here," she said, dropping the keys on the counter and turning back to her computer screen, the earphone returning.

"Thanks," I muttered nastily, grabbing the keys off the desk.

When I returned to Billie, there was a large moving truck with two muscular grunts standing at the open back. "Hey, babe, did you get the keys?" Billie called as I approached. I wiggled them on my finger. "Great!" He quieted down as I came closer. "The movers are anxious to get our shit inside, and so am I. Your ultrasound appointment is tomorrow, so I don't want to be up all night arranging our furniture!"

I squeaked and kissed Billie's cheek. "I'll head upstairs and direct the furniture, then," I said, smiling and walking back to the apartment building entrance.

~***~


"Are you ready?" the cheerful ultrasound technician asked me. I smiled and nodded at her, glancing up at Billie. I held my hand out out to him and he took it briefly, squeezing it.

The tech squeezed the blue jelly onto my enlarged stomach and rubbed it around with the mouse-like viewer. When she started to look for the baby, she smiled and turned to me. "There's your baby."

"Oh, Billie, look!" I breathed, grinning over at him. He grinned back at me.

"Would you like to know the sex?" the tech asked.

"Yes, please!"

She smiled at me. "You're having a daughter."

"Billie!" I squealed.

"Arizona, this is amazing!" Billie told me, leaning down to kiss me.

The tech wiped the jelly off my stomach, and grinned at the pair of us. "Congratulations. We'll see you back here in about two months." She then turned off the machine, and left the room.

I looked up at Billie. "Billie!" I squealed again.

He laughed and pulled me into a tight hug; when we broke apart, he kissed me passionately. "I love you so much, Arizona. You are so amazing."

I grinned at him. "I love you, too, Billie. And we are amazing," I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay yes hi! another girl! just try not to think too much about what her name is going to be because that's gonna be the last chapter! :O

hope you enjoyed!