Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

FIFTY

"Arizona?" I heard Billie call from the bedroom. I tapped on the closed bathroom door. I faintly heard the quiet rustle of the sheets as Billie moved around in bed, presumably to get out of bed, then he knocked on the bathroom door. I chuckled. "What are you doing in there, love?" he asked.

"I was about to get in the shower," I called over my shoulder.

"Could I come in and pee real quick?"

I unlocked the bathroom door and Billie turned the knob, closing the door behind him. I had recently woken up, and was going to get in the shower because my father and Morgana had left late last night and I was too tired to take a shower, but instead stood in front of the mirror over the sink admiring my pregnant belly. Billie then appeared behind me in the mirror, and kissed my cheek from behind. I turned around and kissed him sweetly on the lips. "Good morning, sweetheart," I said.

He grinned and kissed me again, grabbing both sides of my face. "Can I join you?" he muttered seductively.

I smiled, blushed, and then kissed him again, taking his bottom lip between my teeth. "Certainly," I muttered back to him. Billie licked his lips.

I took the few steps behind me and turned the shower on, letting Billie get a good look at my ass. I heard him groan quietly behind me, and I grinned before standing up and turning back around. Billie's gaze lingered on where my ass had been, and then looked back up into my eyes, and they were shining with lust. I bit my bottom lip, and the room had begun to fill up with steam. "Fucking hell, Arizona," Billie groaned, striding across the small bathroom and grabbing my hips, mashing his face against mine. "If you weren't carrying our second child, I would so lift you up and fuck you in that shower."

"Billie," I said, my arms around his neck. "You lift guitar equipment. I'm pretty sure you can lift your pregnant wife."

"Babe!" he groaned. "You're heavier than you think. Remember when you were pregnant with Cadence and we tried to do this? I couldn't even get you onto the bathroom counter."

I groaned and dug my nails into the back of Billie's neck, eliciting a loud moan from him. "You must not want me that bad, then," I argued, dragging my hair back with one hand.

"Ugh, babe...you have no idea what that just did to me."

I laughed and kissed him. "Well come on. It doesn't matter what you do to me, you know I will reciprocate, and we're wasting water."

"Okay, okay, okay, let's get in, I have an idea."

~***~


"Billie Joe Armstrong, oh my God." He laughed. "No, really."

"Okay, okay," he said, kissing my cheek.

"If we ever have a third child, we have to do that again," I said.

Billie laughed again. "Oh, definitely. I thought that was a given, really."

I laughed this time, and kissed him on the cheek. "Come on, let's go into the kitchen. I'll make us breakfast."

"I love when you make breakfast!" he called excitedly from the bedroom. I heard him hopping down the small hallway, and careening around the corner, and I laughed when he almost crashed into the side of the refrigerator.

"Careful, tiger," I said, walking up behind him and kissing him on the cheek.

He smiled sheepishly. "I'll just go sit down and watch the news."

I giggled. "Okay."

About ten minutes later, I was flipping omelettes on the stove, about to put Billie's on his plate. "Sweetheart, your breakfast is ready!" I called to him.

"Oh boy!" He rushed into the kitchen, and I could tell he was making the effort to not crash into anything this time. I smiled at him as he picked up his plate and kissed me on the cheek, and then I plated my omelette.

"Aw, you're so sweet!" I squeaked when I sat down. Billie had waited for me to sit down with him.

He smiled at me and picked up his fork. "You made breakfast, so I thought it was only polite," he said. I just smiled at him again, and stabbed my omelette with a fork. A few minutes of munching later, Billie asked, "Hey, love?"

"Yes?" I said, looking up at him.

"Have you thought about any names for our second daughter?"

I smiled and swallowed the rest of the omelette in my mouth. "No, not yet. Did you want to start?"

He smiled back at me. "Yeah."

I continued to smile, and forked the last piece of my omelette into my mouth. "If you're finished, I'll clear up the plates and then go set up my computer."

Billie grabbed my hand as I stood next to him. "Sweetheart, I'll clear up the plates. You go sit down and set up your computer."

I grinned down at him, and I kissed him when he stood up. "I love you so much," I said.

Billie grinned. "I love you, too, Arizona."

I lumbered over to the couch and sat down, dragging my laptop over onto the coffee table. I pulled up an Internet window and a Word document, and waited for Billie to sit down next to me.

I began to search the Internet for baby name lists. I pulled up the first one in the search results Google gave me, and clicked on girls names. I began to scroll through the list, and occasionally clicked back to the Word document to write down ones that I liked and wanted to ask Billie about.

When Billie came to sit down next to me, I smiled at him and clicked over to the Word document. "I've already written down a couple that I like. What do you think?" I asked, turning the screen towards him slightly.

He looked it over. "I like Abigail. And Elizabeth," he said. Then he looked up at me. "Do you want it to start with a certain letter?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I dunno. I'm just kinda going through this list and picking out what catches my eye," I answered.

"Hey, wait, stop," Billie said.

I stopped scrolling. "What?"

"Temperance. That's beautiful," he said.

I smiled. "That is." I looked down at my belly. "I think we'll know the perfect name when we find it, though. I think it should start with T, though," I said.

Billie smiled. "Yeah? Okay, T it is." He took over the computer and continued scrolling through the list of names.

"Wait!" I squeaked, grabbing Billie's arm. He stopped scrolling. "Go back up a little bit." He did. "Okay, stop. Look at that. Therese." I felt the baby kick, and I grinned. "That's it," I said.

Billie grinned now, too. "Yeah?"

I nodded and looked down at my belly, still grinning, and placed my hand on it. "Therese." She kicked again. "Yeah, that's definitely it."

Billie placed his hand on top of mine on my belly. "Therese," he repeated, and the baby kicked for the third time. His grin became even wider when he felt the kick, and then he turned my face to his in a long, passionate kiss. "Yeah, that's definitely it."
♠ ♠ ♠
well everyone, this is it. this is the end. i would like to take this space to thank everyone that has been a part of this story. every person who has ever read a chapter, gotten an email about an update and got excited, or posted a comment, no matter how long or short. these past 18 months (i know, that seems like forever!) have been amazing. your comments kept me going, and i really appreciate all of them, especially with you waiting through my two-month spurts of not updating. i hope we can all continue the amazingness with the sequel, Oakland: A Tour Diary, coming sometimes in late 2012 or early 2013. <3