Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

011

Image

My breath caught in my throat, as I felt disoriented realizing that I was not in my bed and hot breath kept tickling the hairs on my neck. I breathed out relaxing slightly when I realized I was in my living room.

There was a blue glare off of the television reminding me of last night's events. I had invited Jyrki up to hang out and we ended up making some dinner together and watching a movie. I must have fallen asleep at some point. I grabbed the remote off of the worn wooden coffee table and shut the television off.

I shifted on my back slightly, given the small amount of room I had on the couch, and looked at Jyrki's sleeping face. I brushed some of his bangs out of his face making him twitch his nose.

I giggled softly and looked at the clock on the wall. I sighed realizing I needed to get ready for work if I were to make the train on time.

I began to pull the blanket off of me, but his grip around my waist fastened me closer to him. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and mumbled against it, "Call in sick."

I laughed and combed my fingers through his hair. "I cannot just cancel on my clients. Besides I have to rearrange my schedule as it is?"

He shifted his position so he was hovering over me more. "Why?"

"I'm trying to leave Sunday." I covered my hand over my mouth hiding a yawn.

His eyebrows furrowed slightly confused and he felt disappointed. "Where are you going to darling?"

I melted under his raspy morning voice as he called me my reserved word. "To visit my family in Inari." I continued to stroke his hair watching his facial expression change.

"For how long?" He asked softly.

"At least a week maybe. I'm not too sure." I played with the hairs on the back of his neck.

"Oh." Jyrki wasn't too sure what to say. How could he tell someone, someone he barely knew a week, not to go? Selfish as it was, he want more time to get to know the workings of this blond haired, blue eyed beauty that laid in his arms. "What time to you have to leave for work?"

"A little over an hour." I stretched out, my back pushing myself closer to him. I blushed profusely realizing this.

He chuckled and smirked. I laid limp there just staring into his eyes. He hesitantly leaned down closer to me, his breath hovering over my lips waiting for me to meet him.

I smiled shyly and brought my hand up to his cheek, scruffy and unshaven. I guided him down slowly, my insides twisted in excitement, as I brushed my lips softly against his. He took the initiative and kissed me rougher as he applied more pressure.

He kissed the corner of my mouth before rubbing his nose down my cheek and kissed my jaw.

I closed my eyes and sighed content combing my fingers through his hair again. "I really need to get ready if I want to catch the metro on time."

He sighed and nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck once more before rolling back. "If you must."

"I must." I laughed softly and reluctantly sat up, ruffling my knotted hair lazily. "Help yourself, cupboards should be stocked. That is, if Max didn't clean me out."

"Cheeky kid, that one." I heard him mumble as I walked down the hallway to the bathroom.

I couldn't help but laugh. "That's because you were worried that he was actually my husband." I stripped out of yesterday's clothes and turned the taps on a comfortable temperature. I heard the opening and shutting of the cabinets as I closed the curtain behind me.

I yawned and stretched as I wrapped the towel around me. My feet left wet marks on the wooden floorboards, as I crossed the hall into my bedroom quietly, shy about being nude with Jyrki still in my apartment.

I slid my closet door open and contemplated my outfit that would compliment the weather, but still let me leave a lasting impression. I laughed to myself how I was suddenly concerned what Jyrki thought about how I looked.

I found some pieces that I had made a while ago and a pair of drainpipes that accentuated my hips in all the right curves.

I went back into the bathroom to finish drying my hair and putting on some red lipstick and mascara.

I smiled and leaned in the doorframe watching Jyrki make Muesli. "I didn't know you cooked." He jumped flinging some of the cooked oats on his face making me giggle. I sashayed over, grabbing a dishtowel, and wiped the warm cream and oatmeal off of his face.

"I usually am too lazy to." He smiled sheepishly.

"Oh?" I arched an eyebrow. "Why the sudden change?"

A faint rouge rose in Jyrki's cheeks as he shyly placed his hands on my hips. He smiled softly and let his bangs fall in his eyes. "I wanted to impress you." He leaned down and kissed me softly. I returned the kiss eagerly and tilted my head slightly.

I laughed and rubbed my fingers around his lips. "You just went and ruined my lipstick."

"Small price to pay." He shrugged and kissed my lips, smudging the red lipstick even more.

"Well lets see how good your Muesli is." I smiled trying to fix my lipstick and grabbed two bowels out of the cabinet over the toaster.

"I hope I don't poison us." Jyrki scooped the oatmeal and apples out of the pot and into the two bowels.

"I should hope so too." I grabbed some sea buckthorn and apple juice and two glasses for us as well. "Shit." I muttered to myself.

"What?" Jyrki looked up at me concerned.

I smiled and chuckled. "I never bought my train ticket. My sister is going to be so frustrated with me." I shrugged. "My father always reminds her that ij muora ovttain caskemain viira-"

"What does that mean?" Jyrki interrupted me.

"A tree wont fall with just one swing." I laughed. "She says it takes too many swings to get me to do something."

Jyrki chuckled. "She's right. You are stubborn."

I made a face and smacked his arm playfully. Breakfast went quietly with some small talk here and there. I took the empty bowels and placed them in the sink. Running the faucet to let the water sit in the bowels so the Muesli would soften. I heard the chair scratch against the floor as Jyrki stood up.

I smiled as he placed the glasses in the sink and his warm hands wrap around my waist. I grabbed the sponge and continued to wash the dirty dishes from this morning and the few left over from last night.

His hand slipped under my shirt and his callused fingers rubbed my skin softly. "You're so beautiful." He whispered huskily.

"Thanks." I bent my head down as my hair fell in my face, hiding my blush. I reached over and turned the water off and put the last dish on the drying rack.

He buried his face in my hair making me giggle. "You smell good too."

"I hope so. Showers tend to help you know." I grinned letting him turn me around to face him.

"What about a manly smell." He puffed out his chest.

"Yes, because sweat is so appealing." I scuffed poking his chest.

"It will be when you're the one creating it." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"That was corny." I laughed pulling out of his arms and wrapped my scarf around my neck. I smiled as he helped me into my coat.

"But, you're thinking about it now aren't you?" He grinned as he put his own leather jacket on.

"No!" I squealed and closed my eyes only to imagine him shirtless.

Jyrki still had a confident grin on his face as he held the door open for me. "You will be." He whispered sensually in my ear sending tingling chills down my spin.

I had a goofy smile on my face as he held my hand while we walked to the metro station. I went first through the turnstile swiping my card through and smiled as he followed, immediately taking hold of my hand again.

"So what time do you get off of work?" Jyrki asked as he held me close as we stood near the door.

"Around 19.00 give or take." I yawned from behind my hand. He chuckled and bent down to kiss my forehead gently. "I was pretty angry with you yesterday you know." I smiled.

"I wouldn't blame you." He grinned sheepishly and held me closer as the train jerked. "What kind of idiot wouldn't ask for your number?"

"A Jyrki idiot." I laughed. I landed in his chest as the train jerked again, only this time to a stop.

"This is my stop, darling." His smile softened.

"Oh. Okay." I forced a brave smile, saddened by his sudden departure. He slipped his thumb under my chin and tilted my head up towards him. He leaned over to give me a goodbye kiss before the passing crowd pulled us apart.

"I'll give you a call later." He called over the bustle still holding onto my hand.

I nodded and sighed, as our hands were forced apart as well. I went and found a seat for the remainder of my ride.

"Hello Mielikki." I smiled picking up my handy.

"You never called me yesterday. So I'm assuming that you either didn't remember or, and I hope this is not the case, you haven't bought your ticket yet. So which is it Tuuli?"

"Well?" I started knowing she wouldn't be happy.

"Tuulikki." She groaned and then perked up. "Well, lucky for you, I knew you would do this to me. You have the train out of Helsinki to Kemi at 18.15 tomorrow night. It should be in your e-mail box so print it out when you get the chance. Sometime before the train leaves would be nice too."

"I'm not even packed yet Miel!" I snapped and groaned.

"Well, you have tonight and tomorrow to do so." She laughed not phased by my reaction. "And then, Niko will pick you up from Kemi."

"Thank you." I rolled my eyes and clutched my bag closer to me as I got off at my stop. I walked up through the crowds and towards the stairs that would save me from the hectic platform.

"So what kept you from buying a ticket last night?" She asked making conversation. "I mean how hard is it to go on your laptop and enter a few numbers."

"It's rude to if you're entertaining." I laughed.

"Veera and them are nobody new, they wouldn't have minded." I heard pots clanging in the background.

"Well, it wasn't them." I said shyly.

"Really now?" Miel mused. "Making new friends?"

"Well, that guy hunted me down feeling awful about not asking for my number." I chewed on my lip and took a breath of fresh air once I made it outside. "So we cooked dinner and watched a movie in my apartment."

"That's right, his friend ran into you when we were talking yesterday." She recalled. "So invite him with you tomorrow."

"What?" I asked shock, adjusting the phone as I signed into work.

"Why not?" Miel said like it was no big deal.

"Because I've barely known this guy a week?" I sighed. It would be nice, but it's not realistic. I shook my head scolding myself. "And it's not like I'm visiting just for the day."

"Well, it would give you a chance to see if he's husband material." She pressed.

I rolled my eyes, "You have got to be kidding me."

"I am dead serious." She said flatly. "It sounds like you're really hung up on this guy."

"Six days." I enunciated. "That doesn't exactly scream wedding bells. Why are you pushing this on me, anyway?" I opened my locker placing my coat and backpack inside. I looked at the clock noticing I still had a bit until my first client and sat on the couch in the employee lounge.

"Hormones." She sighed. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"If it's any consolation I'll think about asking." I sighed.

She let out an excited giggle. "See! I knew it wasn't a stupid idea."

"It's not definite so don't go buying anymore tickets." I warned her chuckling. I shrugged out of my white jacket and hung it up next to my coat. "I need to get prepared for my first client Miel."

"Alright. Call me if anything changes." She said sweetly. "Love you Tuuli."

"Love you too Miel." I smiled before tucking my phone in my pocket.

The day went by slowly as I handled my costumers. I almost flew to the locker room to get dressed to celebrate it being Friday.

"Kari." I smiled sweetly, remembering that I had to rearrange my schedule.

"I don't like that look one bit." She laughed.

"Listen, I'm trying to visit my family. And I know it's short notice, but it's only for the week." I began.

She smiled. "I'll take care of it Tuuli." She pointed her pen at me and chuckled. "You're lucky I like you otherwise you'd be screwed."

"Did I ever tell you that you were my favorite?" I grinned and kissed her cheeks.

"Have a nice week off Tuuli." She said goodbye.

"Thanks again Kari." I smiled relieved. "Have a good weekend." I bumped into someone not looking where I was going as I opened the door to leave. "Oh, sorry." The stranger grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Hey!" I glared, but then laughed seeing Jyrki behind some aviators, his face cleanly shaven.

"I thought I'd surprise you." He smiled lining his arm with mine and gave me a quick kiss hello.

"I almost hit you." I pecked his lips once more. "But, I like my surprise."

He slipped his hand into mine as we walked. "Would you like to go out for dinner? My treat."

"Sounds good." I laughed and let him lead the way. "So," I cleared my throat. "I was on the phone with my sister this morning and she was wondering if you wanted to tag along." I looked down the sidewalk at the different people that occupied it too afraid to face him.

Jyrki smiled at the invite, but frowned realizing his schedule wouldn't allow it. "I can't."

"Oh." My smile fell and I shrugged. "That's okay."

"It's not that I don't want to Tuuli." He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. I have to be in Stockholm for a few days." He held the door open to a casual restaurant for me to walk into. "I'm in a video with Maryslim so that'll take a few days."

I smiled despite my disappointment and nodded. "That'll be fun."

"Fuck yeah." He grinned laughing. "Those guys are crazy." He paused as the waitress took our orders and looked at my blue eyes. They didn't shine like they did this morning. "Will you miss me?" He asked teasingly to lighten the tension.

"I think I just might." I smiled shyly and sipped my water.

"Well, I will miss you." He picked up my hand and gently kissed it. He lifted his class. "What should we toast to?"

I held my glass. "To you being in the music video and my last night here."

It was Jyrki's turn for his smile to fade as he clanked his glass against mine. "You're leaving tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Miel got the ticket for me." I rolled my eyes. My eyes lit up as I thought of something. "Hey, you want to go to a club after this?"

"Sounds good." Jyrki answered without a second thought. If it meant spending more time with me, he didn't even have to think about his reply.