Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

014

Image
(Kent Maryslim and Jyrki)

I couldn't wait to get off the train and really stretch my legs when we pulled into the station at Kemi. Sure, there was room to walk on the train, and I got up earlier to go to the dinning car for breakfast, but I was still feeling suffocated with the shallow ceilings.

I grabbed my carry on from over head and button up my thicker coat over my other layers. Living in Helsinki has spoiled me. I was no longer used to freezing temperatures.

I pulled on my gloves and sat on the edge of my seat, waiting in anticipation for the train to come to a complete stop. As I was looking onto the full platform, my body jerked suddenly as the train finished pulling in.

I propped my feet up on the empty seat across from me and sighed. Everyone stood up in a hurry to get off. Seeing as this would take a while, the better option would be to sit and wait it out instead of being packed like sardines.

I smiled letting the older couple pass by me before following them down the steps. The ticket man smiled and thanked me for choosing the train company.

I nodded and went about to get my other bags that were stored in a different section of the train. My breath immediately gathered around me, proving the visible change in temperatures. And, I wasn't as up north yet as I would be when I get to Inari.

I could feel my cheeks grow rosy from the cold. I spotted the large crowd that was also looking to claim their baggage. I squeezed through hoping to catch a glimpse of my black duffle bags with the brightly purple ribbon with polka-dots tied on.

"Need some help." I heard in my native toungue.

I turned around and smiled gratefully at Niko. His brown eyes shined happily. I squeezed him into a hug. "How are you?"

"Tired." He chuckled. "Some crazy lady I know sent me out here to retrieve her sister. I though she was daft when I saw how early she had me leave. I was waiting here for a long time and that's after I refueled."

I laughed. "I am so telling on you."

"Thanks Tuuli." He glared teasingly. "I'll remember that."

"I'm sure you will Niko." I grinned and handed him my bags. "I'm tinier than you; I'll be able to get through." I nearly screamed with joy when I saw both my bags. "Niko, never mind, grab that one over there, while I get this one."

"I see the boss trait passed onto you to." He muttered and obeyed as commanded.

"You are so getting into troubled." I giggled and nabbed my duffle.

"What the hell have you got in here?" He looked at me crazy. "Rocks?"

"Bricks." I shrugged. "But, who's being picky."

"Ha, ha." He smiled sarcastically.

"Just take me to this new toy my papa got." I grinned, excited to see the helicopter.

"Well, than we are this way." He nodded his head in the opposite direction of the crowd.

"Finally, some good news." I smiled relieved as I followed him to the airport, where he led me further to where the smaller aircrafts were held.

I felt immensely special when I went through a series of hallways and staircases that was not open to the public.

The helicopter looked much bigger than I would imagine one to be. "Scared?" Niko whispered over my shoulder.

I gave him a playful shove. "You wish."

He opened the back door and placed my bags behind the seats. Niko guided me around to the passenger's side and opened the front door, helping me up into the seat. I looked at all the dials and switches that look so inviting to play with, as Niko walked back around to his side.

"And how long have you had your pilot's license?" I asked amused.

"Shut up. You can always walk." He rolled his eyes and finished showing me how to strap on the harness and put on the headset, before putting on his.

"How many can this hold?" I asked watching him flip he switches that I wanted to touch moments earlier.

"Four, plus me." He grinned and laughed when I jumped as the propeller overhead and behind began to turn. "Ready?"

"No choice now." I talked into the mike.

He smirked before communicating to the headquarters for permission to leave. I looked out the window as the helicopter slowly began to hover off of it. "It's going to be a while." Niko warned me putting on his sunglasses and taking the controllers in his hands. "Get comfortable." I laughed when he rolled his eyes seeing my camera in my hands. "That didn't mean be a tourist Tuuli."

"What can I say?" I shrugged and clicked away with my camera, filling up the memory card. "So where does my dad store this thing when you two aren't using it?"

"He has a hangar at the airport. He was ready though, to have one built on his land for it." He looked over the side to make sure it was clear as the helicopter gained more height quicker.

I shook my head. "And, how is my mom adjusting to your new toy?"

Niko laughed. "She's the one who drove him to be ill in bed."

"He's alright though, right?" I asked worried.

"Perfectly fine, Tuuli. She was just giving him a headache with all her complaining." He chuckled.

Niko had some music playing to drown out the extra noise that the headset didn't block. I looked over the side of the helicopter amazed with the view.

"There's not much snow here." I frowned. "It's depressing. No sunlight and no snow."

"I know." He nodded in agreement. "Don't worry we've been getting snow gradually since the end of November."

I grinned, excited to see my homeland. "Did you mark the reindeer yet?"

"Nope, that's next week. Have you lost your touch with a knife?" He smirked.

The reindeer get marked to show if they are needed longer. It's a hard skill, but with a small knife you mark them by cutting the fur and not the skin. "I hope not." I laughed. My father and uncles taught my sister and I since we were younger. It took me a little longer to gain the skill though; my father needed a lot of patience for that lesson.

"Tuuli." Niko nudged mywith his free hand. "Tuuli."

I groaned and opened my eyes, not realizing that I had fallen asleep. "Yeah?"

"We're going to fly over the lake soon." He smiled. "It's beautiful from this view."

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to take some pictures to send Jyrki. The water was an exotic blue. It was so clear and serene. "It's breathtaking."

"I know." He chuckled at my childlike expression. He said a few things to someone at the airport, I'm assuming. I laughed, not understanding the lingo of a pilot. He rolled his eyes at me. "I'm just waiting for permission to land."

"Are we going to pass over the house?" I asked still amazed

"I could swing over the corral, but I don't want your sister harassing me for waking Sonja up from her nap."

"I'll take what I can get." I shrugged and smirked. "I can't believe you have another baby on the way."

"In August." Niko grinned proudly. "But, we've always wanted at least three children."

"You're just breeding to keep the family business going." I teased.

"What about you?" Niko counter smirking. "When are we going to have little Tuulikki's?"

"I'm just starting out in a new relationship. I'm still young enough to not have to think about that now." I shrugged.

"No kidding?" He looked at me surprised. "Who's the lucky fella?"

"Like Miel hasn't told you." I chuckled.

"I was trying to make nice conversation." He laughed.

"Jyrki." I smiled. "His name is Jyrki."

"And how long have you been seeing him?" He laughed imitating my papa.

"Officially, yesterday evening." I blushed.

"Tuulikki, Tuulikki." Niko shook his head at my rosy cheeks. "You are too cute. Look below, we're over the corral right now."

I listened to Niko and looked out my window. I laughed seeing all the reindeer in a circle. "Can I come when you take them out this weekend?"

He shrugged. "That's up to your father. But, he'll probably let his baby girl go."

I stuck my tongue at him and went back to looking down at the corral lit up. I noticed we were moving further away. "The airport?"

He nodded flipping a few switches. "Yeah, we'll be there in ten minutes."

The ride to the airport from near my parents' house may be short, but by car, that's another story. I hid under the blanket. Niko looked over at my huddled state and laughed. "Your blood's thinned out."

"I know. This used to be warm to me." I laughed through chattering teeth.

Jyrki put down his beer and grabbed his phone vibrating in his pocket. He saw that he had a few pictures sent to him.

"What's that?" The bassist of Maryslim leaned over curious and read the message. "Who misses you Jyrki?"

"I don't know yet." Jyrki scrolled down past the messages and laughed. I was standing in front of the helicopter blowing a kiss.

"Who's the cutie?" Kent grinned.

"She's hands off." He chuckled, but meant it.

Urkke took grabbed Jyrki's wrist to get a view of the picture on his phone. "That's that girl you were talking about."

Jyrki nodded. "That's Tuulikki."

"She's hot." He nodded in approval.

"What's the helicopter for?" Kent asked talking a gulp of his beer.

"Her brother-n-law picked her up from Kemi. She's going to home to visit her family." Jyrki smiled softly at the picture before opening the next picture. It was of the crystal clear water.

"Where is that?" Kent leaned on his friend's shoulder.

"Inari Lake I'm assuming." Jyrki shrugged.

"She's from all the way up there?" Patrik stopped drumming shocked. "Only the insane live that far noth."

"Yeah it's far up from Helsinki." Jyrki smiled softly, hoping everything went well.

Mats nudged Urkke with his elbow. "Look at him. He's such a lost puppy. You love this girl?"

Jyrki felt hot with all this attention on him. "She's just something special."