Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

020

I stopped laughing with my coworker as she held the door open for me and smiled at Jyrki, leaning against the lamppost across the street. He had made it a habit to meet me after work lately and we would either go on a date, to the bar, or he would simply just walk me home. "Bye, Nina." I looked both ways briefly before crossing the street. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. "Hey you."

"Hello, darling." He grinned and intertwined his fingers with mine. "I was thinking that I would make dinner tonight."

"Oh?" I bit my lip suppressing a smile. "I have yet been to your apartment. Are you ready for this step?" I teased.

Jyrki glared teasingly, "Fine I won't cook for you."

"You know you want to." I giggled, poking his nose. "But, first we need Ulla. Max walked her for me when he got home from school-"

"But, your baby can't be left alone for too long." He chuckled as we walked down into the metro station. "How is your husband doing by the way?"

I laughed, swiping my card through. "Max, is doing fine; waiting for football season to start this spring. He's happy that he finally got his jacket I promised him."

"How come you don't make me something?" He complained childishly, wrapping his arms around my waist once we stepped in the car.

I turned in his arms and laughed at his pout. "You never asked; Max did." I shrugged.

"So, if I ask, you will make me something fabulous?" He asked for my confirmation.

I smiled at his grin and nodded. "Sure, if you cook fabulously than maybe I can do something for you."

"Promise?" He dug his fingers into my sides making my laugh and squirm.

"It all depends on your cooking skills." I squealed as his fingers moved across my sides. I blushed under the stares of other passengers and buried my head in his chest embarrassed.

My heels clicked along the cobblestone as I followed Jyrki down the side street to his apartment that resided in the heart of Helsinki. It was a short trip, by tram, from my building. I scooped up Ulla as he held the door open for me. He hooked his arm around my waist as he led me to the elevator. "You need one of these in your building."

I rolled my eyes as he reached forward to press the button up. I looked at it light up before looking up at Jyrki and smirking. "Maybe there is an elevator and I just never use it."

He made a face. "Let me guess, I never asked."

I laughed and walked into the elevator, watching as he pressed ten. "You're catching on. But, next time I'll show you where it is."

"You better." He growled playfully, tugging on my scarf. "I fell down those stairs."

"That's because you were walking backwards, like an idiot." I tapped his nose. "And, you took me down with you; you're not all that innocent!"

We both jumped slightly apart when Ulla barked, letting us know we were smothering her. Jyrki grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway. I let Ulla down and wrapped my arms around his waist as patted his jacket for his keys. I smiled as he missed the lock when I began to chew on his lobe.

He looked over his shoulder and glared teasingly before successfully unlocking the door. I laughed and sent him an innocent look, walking past him as he held the door open for me. Ulla went running blindly through the room, her leash making all sorts of noise as it trailed after her.

Jyrki put his hand on my side as he reached passed me to flip the light on. He helped me out of my coat and hung it up. I looked around the open room and walked over to the bookshelves, running my hands along all the different titles in different languages. "How many languages do you speak?"

He shrugged. "I dabble hear and there."

"Such a modest answer." I chuckled, following him into the kitchen. "You have a very spacious place." I commented amazed by its size, especially the kitchen.

"I bought it a couple of years ago," he replied grabbing some ingredients out of the refrigerator. He began to multitask, grabbing a pot out of a lower cabinet and filling it with water. I watched as he let that boil and tended what he took out.

I smiled over his shoulders at the fillet of salmon he was seasoning with dill and white pepper. "You know the way to my heart." I chuckled.

"Oh?" He smirked, proudly.

"Mhm." I salivated over the thought of dinner. "Where did you learn to cook?"

"Here and there. From my mother as well, but mostly I harass the restaurants." Jyrki admitted making me laugh.

"Okay," I smacked his side softly. "What would you like me to do?"

"Nothing," he poured me a glass of chilled white wine. He placed his hands on my shoulders and sat me in the chair. "Just, sit."

I pouted, "Don't treat me like Ulla, I'm not a dog." Speaking of which, I looked down and my feet where she was pawing my ankles. I smiled and unclipped the leash, letting her mosey around freely. "May I snoop through your photos?"

"Be my guest." Jyrki smiled at me briefly, before adding potatoes to the pot of water.

I grabbed a random album off of the bookshelf and sat on the couch. Ulla tried to jump up making me laugh softly. I lifted her onto my lap and scratched her belly as I opened up the book. I smiled at the pictures of him and Jussi, as well as the other guys on tour. There were pictures of all sorts of cities.

I looked up to see the front door open quietly. "You're going to get in trouble." I warned Jussi.

He shrugged and sat next to me on the couch. "He will deal with it. So, what's for dinner?"

I rolled my eyes, smiling, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and flipped to the next page. "Fish."

Jussi made a face. "I guess that's alright."

"No, it's not alright." Jyrki spoke up as he leaned in the doorway of the kitchen.

I stifled a laugh and whispered, "I told you so."

"Ah, maybe next time, love. I am here just as a delivery boy anyway." He grinned, ignoring the glare that was being sent his way. "You better be careful going home Tuuli, it's starting to come down out there."

"Really?" I grinned and went over to the window that overlooked the courtyard. Snow began to fall softly to the ground. "Helsinki needed snow."

"Well?" Jyrki crossed his arms waiting impatiently to see why Jussi had to stop by. I went back to looking at photo album, giving them their space to talk.

"Right," he stood up lazily from the couch and pulled an envelope from his coat pocket, handing it over. "There forms from Ulysses."

"Oh," Jyrki's eyes widened in realization and walked further into the kitchen.

"Yeah." Jussi followed and sat in the chair, taking a sip of the wine. "He wants them filled out soon. Daniel needs them faxed over ASAP."

"If it happens." Jyrki mumbled, leaning on the counter.

"You didn't ask her yet?" Jussi whispered, looking at his friend in mild amusement.

"Well, I figured after dinner tonight." Jyrki rolled his eyes. "But, someone came and interrupted it."

Jussi chuckled. "That would be me huh?"

"No," Jyrki replied sarcastically. "You think?"

"Alright," he huffed. "I know when I'm unwanted."

"You're leaving?" I looked up to see Jussi head toward the door. "Or, is he kicking you out?"

Jussi laughed and walked over, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I'm leaving, love. Enjoy your evening in."

"Bye, Jussi." Jyrki smiled.

"Later." He saluted and left swiftly.

"I wouldn't have minded if had stayed." I shrugged and continued to go through the album. I smiled as he sat next to me and pulled me closer to him, kissing my shoulder. "He had another agenda to attend."

"Right," I laughed not believing him. I pointed towards a picture of a skyline. "Where is this?"

"New York City." He smiled, caressing my shoulder.

"I've never been to The States." I leaned against him.

"No?" He contained a smile to himself, hoping that would work to his advantage.

"Nope." I looked over the picture. "I've been as far over as Iceland and Greenland, but that's it."

"Do you enjoy the cold, darling." He teased taking my hand and helping me stand up. "Ready for dinner?"

Afterwards, he held me on the couch proudly, relishing in all the compliments I had given him. "I am so full." I laid comfortably in his lap and closed my eyes. "I can't move."

"Tuuli?" Jyrki called my name softly.

"Yes," I relaxed as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"How much more vacation time do you have from work?"

I shrugged. "Not much left from the winter season, maybe a week or so at most. Why?"

"No reason," he tried to mask his disappointment.

I sat up and looked straight into his eyes. "No, you asked for a reason. I hate when people stop halfway."

He chuckled and rubbed his neck nervously. "Well, we leave soon for tour in a couple of weeks. And, I wanted you to come."

I blinked trying to remember how to breathe and bit my lip, suppressing a smile. I was flattered that he wanted me with him on tour. As I wasn't ready to let him leave me for such a long period of time either. "I'll see what I can do; I still have that week at least."

"That's more than I could ask for." Jyrki cupped my face gently, caressing his lips against mine. I pulled back at the buzzing in my pocket. He rested his forehead against mine. "What will it take for you to let that go?"

I pushed his chest and answered it, "Hello?" I smiled and pecked his lips, giving him a quick wink. "Alright, I will see you tomorrow." I snapped my phone shut and leaned against him exhausted from a long day at work and from eating so much. "Veera." I explained as to who was on the phone. "I probably should get going."

"Do you have to work tomorrow?" He frowned glancing out the window, not really happy about letting me go out into that storm alone.

"No, but I'll have to go in to sort my schedule out now." I tucked some hair behind my ear.

"Then, stay." He murmured, kissing my neck. "It's too nasty out for you to leave."

I moaned softly under his lips. "Alright," I laughed softly as I didn't put up much of a fight.