Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

022

The cool winter breeze flushed my cheeks as I walked down the street. I couldn't begin to explain the relief I felt, knowing that nothing bad came from that meeting with The 69 Eye's manager. Ulysses was more than willing to keep his lips sealed about me joining their team and left promising to contact me with more details and about the upcoming meetings before everyone left for Los Angeles.

I dialed Veera's number and smiled when she answered. "You had me worrying for you for a bit there. I would have thought that your lunch would have been over in an hour's top."

"Me too." I chuckled. "I need a shopping partner for a bit and I'll tell you all about lunch."

"Sure, love, where do you want to meet up?" She didn't hesitate to accept the invitation.

I bit my lip, knowing that she was going to want a bigger explanation at my request. "On Urhokekkosenkatu, outside Morticia."

"Why in the world are we going there?" Veera asked completely perplexed as I had predicted.

I sighed and smiled, making my way there as well. "You'll find out when you get here?"

I waited patiently outside the gothic store as people went in and out, shopping leisurely. "I want to know what the hell your up to." Veera looked at me oddly, handing me a cup of coffee.

I smiled and held the door open for her. "Everyone keeps expecting me to be some goth girl because I'm Jyrki's girlfriend."

"I thought we got passed this." She sighed, touching my arm softly before looking through the clothing rack to see what she was up against.

"We did." I assured her.

Veera looked at me disbelievingly. "And, we're at Morticia's because?"

I shrugged looking through the different corsets. "I wanted to see Jyrki's reaction himself if I were what he would normally go for."

She laughed. "And the reason for this would be…"

I shrugged innocently, "Just a little teasing. And, for some self-assuredness too, I guess."

"You're crazy, sweetheart." Veera picked out a few tops and handed them to me. "Try these on."

I handed her my purse, coffee, and coat in exchange and went behind the curtain. "So, I may not be around for the next couple of months." I started as I changed into the first corset type top. "Zip me up."

She sighed teasingly and laid my stuff on the stool. "And, where will you be? Don't tell me Miel recruited you. I can't lose you until spring."

"Well, you might anyway." I sucked in a breath as the top formed to my body. "You have to have something better than this. My breasts are spilling over."

She laughed at my comment and unzipped the top, allowing me to breath again. "You haven't answered me yet."

I slipped choice number two over my head. "I was offered a job actually, at lunch."

"What are the chances? Did you take it?" She looked at me oddly and shook her head. "Try the next one on."

"I might have." I smiled shyly, still amazed at my actions in the last few days. I put the third top on and smiled in the mirror at her. "They needed a new massage therapist and Archzie actually recommended me. Their manager, Ulysses, started off asking what it would take to leave my job. So, this means that I'll be going on tour with them."

Veera shook her head at the shit-eating grin I was trying to fight off. "You can be excited, Tuuli."

"I'm still nervous." I admitted, sighing. "I haven't talked to Jyrki yet."

"He'll be happy, even more than you are right now, to know that he gets more time with you." She smiled softly. "I like that one. Not too smutty, but gothic enough to get this point across."

"Thanks." I trusted her on this one, starting to really feel out of my element.

Veera's eyes lit up. "Oh, we are going to go all out with you, love."

I bit my lip following her around the shop. My eyes widened at what she had in mind as I twirled my long hair protectively. "I think you're having a bit too much fun, V."

"Nonsense." She grinned. "It's your fault for asking for my help." I sighed as I foolishly put myself into her hands, letting her take over.

I looked at my reflection in the elevator doors as I waited for it to come to ground. I smoothed out the top before wrapping my jacket tightly around me. I adjusted my sunglasses, smiling as I felt a bit like Jyrki when he wears his even in the dark.

I took a shaky step into the elevator and sighed as I pushed the button towards his floor. I let out a breath that I had been holding now getting nervous about his reaction. Curiosity really got the best of me this time.

My buckled heeled boots clicked against the tiled hallway as I neared Jyrki's apartment. I rubbed my lips together and stared at the door, taking another deep breath before ringing the doorbell. I smiled as I heard Ulla barking in excitement and Jyrki's heavy footsteps near the front door.

I smirked at the confusion in Jyrki's face when he opened the door. "Can I help you, miss?"

"Yeah," I said softly taking a step forward, gently taking his face between the palms of my hands and pressing my lips hard against his.

He didn't react and pushed me gently off, "I think you might be mistaken."

"I don't believe so." I smirked and walked past him, bending over to pick up Ulla. She happily licked my hand. "You recognized your mama, didn't you? No one could fool you."

"Tuuli?" Jyrki asked cautiously, letting the door shut.

"Surprised?" I grinned, feeling my cheeks grow rosy, and not because I just came in from the cold. I focused on Ulla, tickling her pink belly, so my embarrassment wouldn't get the best of me.

"Can't say that I'm not." He looked me over, still looking confused. "Why the sudden change?"

I shrugged, slipping off my jacket and laying it over the chair in the living room. "Everyone kept telling me how much you're into little gothic girls so I decided to give it a go."

I looked in the mirror to see the short black hair with all the dark make up painted on my face. Though, I had kept my signature soft red lipstick. "You cut your hair?" He said slowly, afraid to touch the short length. "And dyed it."

I fluffed it carefully in the mirror. "Yeah, don't you like it?" I looked at him innocently in the mirror.

"It's different." He finally said. He had been at a loss of words once he realized that it was me in his entrance way. "I'm going to miss the long blond hair though."

"Change can be good though?" I asked still keeping my facial expression in check. I needed to know how deep I was getting myself into this relationship, especially since I would have to be sharing him once on tour.

"Why?" Jyrki whispered to himself before directing the question to me. "Why did you change?"

"I told you already." I turned around and looked at him, squinting my eyes in the dim lighting. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips twitched as he held back what he really wanted to say. "You're angry with me."

He sighed, "I'm not Tuuli. Just shocked."

I shook my head. "You look more than shocked, raahis."

"Let, me get my jacket and we'll go." He said changing the subject. We were going to meet up with everyone for drinks at Kale's. "I just ran Ulla out so she's set."

"Jyrki," I scrunch my nose in confusion. He was genuinely angry at what I had done, how I had changed.

He turned around and glared at me. "If I wanted some Gothic slut, I would have gone out and got one. I would have never looked like an ass trying to get your name."

I stepped back surprised at the tone of his voice. "I was just having some fun, Jyrki."

"What's done, is done isn't it?" He shrugged, not looking directly at me.

I wanted to smile having been reassured that it was really me that he wanted. The whole package too, not this. But, I figured he would get the wrong impression if I broke out into a grin. Instead, I followed him quietly, frowning when he didn't take my hand like he usually does.

He slid on his sunglasses and leaned on the door, moving aside as someone else stepped in. He looked me over and shook his head slightly.

He kept the cold shoulder going still as we walked the dark streets, him always a step ahead leaving me to catch up. "Jyrki, why won't you talk to me?" I finally broke our silence.

He stopped short making me walk into him. "I don' get it. Why would you ever change for someone else? It doesn't matter what you've heard about me. I've never asked you to change. I want you, not some-" He growled frustrated, words not coming to mind how to explain how disappointed he was. "You should have come to me."

"Jyrki-" I began only to get cut off.

"No, Tuuli, no." He ran his hand through his hair, inhaling sharply. "You should have asked me about it. If you wanted to change, fine, that's one thing. But, to change to fit someone else is stupid."

I stomped my foot childishly as he started to walk again, leaving me to catch up. Fine, if he wouldn't let me explain, then he won't get an explanation. I smiled softly as he held the door open for me, despite his hard feelings at the moment. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, darling." He said quietly. He wouldn't ever let his temper get the best of his manners.

"Who's the babe, Jyrki?" Timo-Timo grinned.

"Oh, so I'm a babe, now?" I grinned taking off my sunglasses. "Weren't you the one always telling me that I had more of an innocent beauty?"

"Tuuli?" His eyes widened in surprise.

"You like?" I grinned.

"You look beautiful either way." He assured me.

I smiled and thanked him, turning to Jyrki. "What do you want to drink?"

He sighed, taking a seat between Jussi and Valto. "Jager."

"Sure, thing. Anyone else?" I looked around and headed over to the bar when everyone let me know that they were satisfied with what they had.

"What's with the change?" Jussi asked his friend.

"Don't ask." Jyrki grumbled still sulking.

"Don't like it?" Valto smirked satisfied with the response Jyrki was giving. It showed how much he cared and knew that he his friend was in good hands. Especially since she will be joining him on tour.

He sighed. He did like how Tuuli looked. She looked beautiful no matter what in his opinion. But, her natural beauty is what made his heart beat erratically off the chart. He looked over and shrugged, responding honestly. "I liked it even better when Tuuli was Tuuli. Just the way she was."

I leaned on the bar and giggled when Veera came over. "So, how did it go?" She asked anxiously.

"He is so unbelievably livid with what I did." I smiled, looking over my shoulder.

"Maybe you should just bring the blond back." She suggested seeing the frown creases in Jyrki's face.

I rolled my eyes. "Not, yet. I've gone this far haven't I? And, weren't you the one who talked me into it?"

"Which wasn't hard to do," Veera chuckled.

"He would like some Jager and I would like a glass of wine, love." I grinned putting her to work. Bringing over our drinks. Jyrki thanked me and continued talking with Jussi. I sighed as Jyrki still refused to hold a conversation with me throughout the night.

Valto, tugged on my hand and had me sit on his lap. "You've pissed him off."

"So, I've noticed." I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Want some good news?" He grinned.

"Of course." I smiled.

Valto nodded his head toward my boyfriend. "You'll never have to doubt your relationship."

I followed his gesture and watched as Jyrki laughed with our friends. "How do you figure?"

"It's always been about just you." Valto whispered. "And, it will always be about you. Even on this tour, do not let it stress you."

I nodded and smiled shyly, finally allowing myself to get excited.

"So, I'm just going to grab Ulla and go home." I said as we approached his door.

He took the keys out of the lock, but didn't open the door just yet. "Tuuli, you don't have to go home. It's late. Stay with me."

"Alright." I agreed, following him inside allowing him to lock the door behind us. He took my coat and hung it up for me, still not talking much. "You really don't like the change?" I smiled sympathetically. "Be honest."

"Honestly?" He shoved his glasses on his head and looked up at me with sad blue eyes, making me melt and feel a tad guilty. I nodded to encourage him to continue. "No, darling, I don't. I meant what I said earlier. I don't want you to be embarrassed. You should have come to me from the start and told me how you felt. Will you grow it back out for me?" He asked shyly.

I laughed, not meaning to, only causing a hurt expression to cross his features. "Raahis," I smiled stepping back. I tugged at the wig showing my blond hair beneath the netting. I pulled the stocking off, letting my natural hair escape. I bit my lip as his jaw dropped. "Forgive me for a cruel joke?"