Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

024

“Tuuli,” Jyrki mumbled kissing the bare shoulder. He rubbed his hand across my lower back making me smile as he pulled himself closer to me. “I know you are awake, darling.”

I laughed and rolled onto my back staring into his soft blue eyes. I tucked away some hair out of them. “Morning, raahis.” I smiled, stretching my arms about my head.

It had been a busy couple of days between celebrating the upcoming new tour and actually preparing for the new tour. I was drained.

Jyrki placed a kiss on my chest between my bare breasts and laid his head next to mine, running his and softly up and down my side.

I ran my hand through his hair soothingly and basked in this quiet moment of intimacy, knowing it would be a rare occurrence over the next few months. “What plans have been made for us today?” I teased, as this was how the last few days had felt. It seemed we always had to be somewhere.

Jyrki laughed softly. “No where for a change. Don’t jinx it, the day has just begun.” He propped his head on his hand and linked his hand with mine. “I have actually taken the reins and planned the day out for us.”

“Really?” I bit my bottom lip now excited for our last day together more than dreading it know it would be more private.

“I had a few things in mind anyway.” He shrugged, trying to conceal a smug smile.

“Would you care to enlighten me?” I asked, hoping to get some sort of clue.

Jyrki just chuckled and shook his head. “Nice try, darling. Let’s go get some breakfast on the way to your place so you can change.”

We stopped by Café Engel and ordered their signature breakfast for brunch. We picked of each other’s plates for our favorite fruit and vegetables. I gave him my boiled egg while he fed me his slice of edam. All the while, he would still not give any clues of the evening.

We drank our coffee in silence as we people watched. Jyrki held my hand over the small table, giving it a little squeeze when he wanted to see those soft, grey eyes that he would miss dearly.

He had not been in this position in quite sometime. Nothing, or no one, had ever held him back before.

On previous tours, he couldn’t wait to leave the country to explore the different cultures and perform in front of his fans. Hell, even in between tours he would up and leave at random to live in Paris or Florence or where ever his heart desired.

But, here, sitting not even a few feet away was the one that had changed all that in such a short time. In only a few months he had met the one person that had made him want to stay grounded.

Jyrki knew that they would survive through phone calls and through video chat. But, he did not want to just survive. He wanted to be able to go out on numerous dinner dates, dancing, or cozy nights in next to the woodstove. You can’t do that when there are hundreds of miles in between.

“Jyrki?” I asked softly, rubbing the top of his hand noticing that he had been caught up in his own world. I frowned noticing the strained look on his face. “Raahis, are you alright?”

Jyrki blinked a few times and cleared his through. He lifted my hand up to his lips and placed a delicate kiss on my knuckles. “Reminiscing.” He smiled softly, but I could see the strain behind it.

I nodded and left him be. If he had wanted to elaborate he would have. “Are you ready to go?” I asked after I handled the bill.

He glared at me teasingly since I had paid, “I feel like I was just taken advantage of.”

“You were reminiscing,” I grinned cheekily.

He rolled his eyes and helped me into my coat. He quickly held my hand and kissed it once more as we left the café. He pulled me close and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Give me just ten minutes to shower and change, then we can continue.” I said when we got to my apartment building. I turned around when I noticed he wasn’t following me up the stairs. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” he reassured me. “I just have to get ready myself. Dress nice.” He walked up a step and kissed my check.

“Wait a minute.” I grabbed his jacket before he could get away. “Dress nice? I thought we were spending the whole day together and now you’re leaving me?” I looked up at him confused and slightly hurt that he was going to leave.

Jyrki chuckled and cupped my face, running his thumb across my cheek. “I promise it will be worth the separation. It won’t be long. I’ll be back by 16.30.”

My eyes widened at this. “I certainly don’t need that long to get ready.”

Jyrki saw how upset I was getting and kissed my forehead. “The time will go by fast.” He looked into my eyes, glossed over, and sighed seeing that answer did not suffice. “If I have everything together before then, I will come get you.”

I sighed and nodded, knowing I wasn’t going to get more than that. “Alright,” I said softly.

Jyrki lowered head and captured my lips into a soft kiss. “I promise it will go by fast.”

“I’m trusting you.” I warned him with a teasing smile.

He kissed the corner of my mouth and grinned. “I’ll pick you up in a little while. I have Ulla, take your time, and relax.”

Take your time and relax.” I mimicked as I lowered my self into the tub alone. I couldn’t relax knowing that I was alone. It was the first time that my flat didn’t feel like home. It was too quiet and even had a cold atmosphere to it.

I sighed before lowering my head under the sudsy water. I knew what was missing and was suddenly very grateful for the opportunity that Ulysses’ offer.

I laid in the tub until my skin was wrinkly. Unplugging the tub, I turned on the overhead and washed off the left over soap and rinsed out my hair. I twisted off the knobs and wrapped a towel around my body.

I looked at the clock and was happy that I had dragged out my time in the bathroom with only a few hours until Jyrki picked me up. Still with hope that he would come early I pulled on some black silk floral patterned lace underwear with the matching sheer bra. I sat on the edge of the bed and rolled up one of the legs of the black tights, slipping it easily over my leg and repeating it with the other.

I stood up and shifted my weight around so the tights moved to feel more comfortable. Walking over to my dresser I picked up the small pick bottle and sprayed one of my favorite perfumes, Miss Dior Cherie. The top notes of mandarin orange filled the room.

I looked through my closet for what was left and not packed up. I settled on one of my favorite dresses that I had bought online. It was a classic cream Damask dress with a black embroidered paisley pattern. The scoop neckline landed just above my collarbone so I decided a necklace wouldn’t be necessary. I maneuvered my arms to carefully, and skillfully, zip of the back of the dress.

I slipped on some slippers leaving my black sued pumps near the front door. I plugged in the hairdryer and ran my fingers through my hair separating it as the warm air blew. Parting it to the left, I just let my hair do as it may while I ran a brush through it. After softly lining my upper lid with a maroon pencil, I opened the drawer and chose a soft gold eye shadow. After dusting my cheekbones with a light rose shimmer powder, I curled my eyelashes and skipped the mascara.

Running a lip glow lip balm over my lips and held onto it to put it in my clutch along with my wallet and perfume as well as some mints and gum. I sighed trying to figure out what else I could do. I went back in my room and opened my jewelry box. I picked out my dangling white gold diamond earrings and a matching bracelet as well as a white gold ring with a vine design to finish.

I sighed when I saw I still had time and laid out on the couch, putting my feet up. I turned on the television and flipped through the different channels. I left it on the news and closed my eyes as their monotone voices filled the room.

I jumped hearing the buzzer go off and turned off the television. I ran my fingers under my eyes just incased my eyeliner smudged. I smiled and held the button, letting Jyrki in. I slipped off my slippers and slid into my pumps. I looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through it, fixing the mess from falling asleep on the couch.

I took my black wool coat out of the closet and opened the front door. “Stairs or lift?” I teased.

Jyrki laughed sarcastically and rolled his eyes. “Aren’t you so funny?”

“You didn’t come early like you said you would,” I pouted.

He laughed and kissed my pouty lips, “I said that I would try. I promised though it would be worth the wait.” He tied the belt of the coat into a pretty bow.

I locked my door and linked my arm with his as I followed his lead down the street. “Are you ever going to tell me what’s been worth the wait?”

“How about I just take you there?” He laughed as I let out a whine of annoyance, knowing the suspense was killing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Night Out Outfit