Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

025

“You’re kidding.” I let out a gasp and squealed. I clutched onto Jyrki’s coat gaping as he pulled up to valet for the Finnish National Opera house. He had surprised me earlier when he led me to a car even, but this surprise had completely surpassed anything I could come up with.

“Was it worth the wait?” He grinned proud of my excited reaction. He stepped out of the car, allowing the valet to step in and came around to me, holding out his hand.

“I love it.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed several kisses along his jaw. “What are we going to see?”

Jyrki licked his lips nervously. “We can always trade the tickets for a different show, mind you. But, it is the last night of The Nutcracker and the Mouse King.”

I laughed at his nervousness, knowing there was no need for it. “You couldn’t plan it out any more perfect,” I kissed his nose. I held onto the collar of his coat and pulled him close, molding my lips against his. “I love it.” I slide my hand back into his and gave a small squeeze.

I rubbed my hands together, warming them, as we walked into the building. Jyrki kindly took my coat to check in. I looked out the large glass window that overlooked the water. I smiled feeling his warm arms wrap around me, pulling me back into his chest.

“Like an idiot, I haven’t told you how beautiful you look tonight darling.” He kissed my head, smiling at the familiar scent of perfume.

“Thank you,” I blushed, kissing his cheek. We looked out onto the water in silence for a moment, ignoring the crowd filing in into the hall.

“Ready to find our seats?” He released his embrace and led me towards the crowd.

I bit my lip as we were shown to the lower seating in the middle, though far enough from the stage where the sounds of the dancers’ feet wouldn’t distract from the performance. I settled into my chair and crossed my legs, draping one over his.

Jyrki smiled at the intimate gesture and wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my side affectionately. I bit my lip in excitement as the orchestra sounded, alerting the audience that they should now be seated.

I looked over to see Jyrki watching the stage intently waiting for the curtains to be drawn. My cheeks burned with the small words of affection that my heart wanted to shout.

Jyrki felt intense eyes on him and smiled, looking down at me. “What’s wrong, darling?”

I shook my head and smiled, kissing the corner of his lips. “Thank you for this.” I leaned my head on his shoulder. “My parents took my sister and I one winter holiday in Rovaniemi to see the ballet and it has always been my fondest memory. This will forever be in my heart, raahis.” I tried to explain how special this memory would always be for me as well.

“I’m glad that I could be apart of it.” He tilted my chin, running his finger along my jaw gently. He leaned down gently kissing my upper lip. He pulled away slowly as we heard applause for the opening act and smiled, kissing my cheek. I settled deeper into his arms as the thick, red velvet curtains were raised up revealing the small Finish town of Porvoo.

The dancers were so graceful and strong as they leaped across the stage. Klaara performed a pas de deux with her toy nutcracker before the magic lantern guided them to faraway lands. I melted watching the journey of Klaara falling in love with the handsome Nutcracker, her prince.

Jyrki rubbed my leg or played with our intertwined our fingers, always touching me tenderly throughout the ballet. “That was lovely,” I breathed, clapping when the dancers took their bows. Jyrki smiled humbly to himself, happy to have made my night; and, it was only the beginning.

I held his hand tightly as we got our coats. We stood off to the side on the marble steps, letting the crowd leave. “That was so magical.” I kissed his neck, wrapping my arms around his middle and nuzzled myself comfortable against his shoulder.

Jyrki twirled a piece of hair between his fingers. “I’m glad you have enjoyed it, darling.”

I saw the sea come into view as we drove to where Jyrki was taking us out for dinner. He pulled onto the side street and parked the car. The night looked magical with the tree branches outlined with white lights.

He didn’t hesitate to quickly link my hand with his as I followed him down the block. “How have I been doing so far?”

I smiled as we waited for the light to turn to cross the street. “I’m speechless, raahis.” I placed my gloved hand on his cheek and pulled him close to me as I gently kissed his lips.

I looked in amazement at our surroundings as he lead me through the outdoor terrace of Kappeli. The architecture of the old restaurant was outstanding and timeless. Entering the classy restaurant, we entered a unique atmosphere.

We were seated in the spacious glass veranda looking out on the South Harbor. We squeezed into the small round booth in the corner. A small lantern in the center of the table gave off a romantic glow.

Jyrki ordered a bottle of Pionero Chardonnay to go with the roasted whitefish we had ordered for dinner.

Jyrki watched as I brought the glass of the white wine to my lips and savored the taste. I blushed under his gaze. “What?” I asked softly.

He smiled behind his hands and shook his head. “Nothing.”

“What’s troubling your thoughts, raahis?” I scooted closer, running my fingers through his hair. He had been quiet throughout the meal, mostly just answering me politely or reflecting on the play every so often.

He sighed, not wanting to plague the evening, which had been more than perfect, with his thoughts. He had already taken care of the bill; they were just enjoying what was left of the bottle of wine.

I saw his hesitation. “Tell me,” I coaxed further.

“It’s nothing bad, Tuuli,” he smiled sadly. “I was just absorbing this evening for me to reminisce about while on tour. I’m going to miss you terribly, darling.”

“I will see you,” I reminded him, smiling shyly.

He returned the smile, appreciating the aided memoire. “I know, but it’s not the same.”

“Stop dreading, who knows what the future will bring.” I bit my lip, trying to contain my surprise for his tour. I know our scheduled would still be clashing and he would be very busy. But, at least we will be in the same time zone together consistently. I kissed his cheek.

Jyrki leaned his forehead against mine, just staring peacefully into my eyes. He pulled back softly and turned to reach for something in his coat pocket. “I was looking for the right moment to give you this. But, I just can’t wait any longer.”

I looked at the neatly wrapped box with the bow on top, slightly crushed from being in his coat pocket.

“Open it,” he encouraged me, gently placing the box in my hands.

I looked up at him smiling, placing the bow on his head. He chuckled, watching as I unwrapped the gift. I opened the narrow box, gasping at the beautiful necklace that laid across the blue velvet material. “Jyrki,” I whispered, stunned as my finger touched the delicate gold chain.

He leaned over, taking the necklace out of the box. The small oval charm dangling at the bottom of the chain glistened in the soft lighting. “Here, allow me.” he reached around me clasping the necklace around my neck. The gold charm fell against my chest, resting perfectly. “It’s a locket, to wear close to your heart.” He furthered explained. “Look inside.”

I did as I was told and carefully opened the locket, turning it to face me. ’I love you.’ was engraved on the left side.

Jyrki watched my reaction closely with a small smile playing on his lips seeing my eyes light up. He leaned over pressing his close to my ear as I continued to gaze at work of art in my hands. “I mean it Tuuli,” he turned my head gently to face him. “I love you.”

I felt my cheeks burn as he said the endearing words I wanted to say earlier. “Oh, Jyrki,” I smiled, my soul feeling fulfilled. “I love you.” I said sincerely, welcoming his lips against mine. I opened my eyes, my gaze meeting his and smiled.

Jyrki sighed in content, running his fingers through my hair. He knew he had felt complete with me, especially with the dread he faced going on tour. That had confirmed that what he felt was true. But, to admit it openly and having those feelings being returned in full was incomparable to anything he has experienced in his life.

He has always expressed his need to have romance in interviews. He was never ashamed that his life long goal was to experience true love.

“Where is this taken from?” A small picture of Jyrki and I together rested in the right side of the locket.

“New Year’s.” He grinned at the memory. That was an amusing night. “It’s us on the steps right before the bells rang.”

I smiled remembering that night; it was a good picture of us. Looking up into his eyes, I blushed under his longing gaze. “You ready to head out?” I asked, swirling the last of the white wine before finishing it.

Jyrki grinned wickedly and helped me out of the booth. His fingers dug into my sides teasing me, making squirm as he lead me out of the restaurant.

The car ride back to his apartment felt painstakingly long. I held onto his arm as he flipped through his keys to find the right one. I licked my lips and leaned over. “I’m freezing, raahis.”

I smiled, seeing him swallow as he tied to unlock the door. “Really?” He asked, his through drying as he thought about what he wanted to do once that door was opened.

I leaned over closer, my breath caressing his ear. I smirked seeing him shudder. “I heard somewhere body heat helps.”

The door slammed open and I suddenly found myself against the wall in the mudroom. I giggled as he clumsy locked the front door. He growled playfully as he grabbed my hips, pulling them close to him. Unbuttoning my coat quickly, he slide his hands up to my shoulders and let it fall around our feet.

I laughed as he lifted me up only for it to come out gurgled as a moan got caught in my throat. My head fell back in pleasure as he attacked my neck his nails digging in my thighs. “You just ruined a good pair of tights,” I pouted feeling all the runs he made along my legs.

“Good,” he mumbled, his teeth sinking into my skin and sucked on the delicate skin on my throat. His fingers moved quickly to the back of my dress, trying to find the small zipper.

I laughed at how fast he was moving. “Jyrki, slow down, raahis.” I placed my hand on his cheek. “Why the rush?”

“I need you, darling,” he panted.

I stepped out of his way and giggled as I ran down the hall to his room, losing my shoes along the way, as he was hot on my tail. I sat on the end of his bed and crossed my legs casually. Instead of jumping me, like I thought Jyrki would he stood in the doorway and kicked off his dress shoes. I stood up and unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his pale torso.

I went to slip out of my dress, but Jyrki stopped me, waving his finger. “You’re not allowed to touch anything,” he warned me teasingly. Holding me close, he kissed me as if his life depended on it. His mouth was soft, nibbling on my lips and took the opportunity when I opened my mouth to slip his velvety tongue to dance with mine.

Jyrki moved his hands over his hips, running them slowly up my back to the delicate zipper. He pulled it down gently, letting his fingers leave a trail. My body shivered as goose bumps erupted over my skin. My dress slipped softly off of me.

Jyrki licked his lips as he saw the soft skin through the sheer lace. His fingers played with the strap. Though, left it alone for now as he pulled down the tights.

“Ruined,” I tsked, shaking my head. I laughed as he pushed me back onto his bed. I swallowed as he let his slacks drop, adding to the pile of our clothes scattered along the floor.

Hovering over me, he leaned in molding his mouth to mine. My head felt cloudy as this man could kiss. Holding my head securely in palm of his hand, he tilted my neck back giving him better access along the hallow of my throat. Placing a gentle kiss right above my breasts, he gently sucked on the skin while his hands wandered causing overwhelming sensations. I ran my fingers through his thick hair, raising his head only to slam my lips against his. Expertly, he removed my underwear.

He grinded his hips into mine causing a loud moan to erupt from the back of my throat. I pressed my body to his as pleasure shot through my body. Gripping my bare hips in his strong hands, I arched my back as he plunged, quivering from the impact of having him inside me. His hips rolled forward, bringing me to a breathless zenith. I felt my heart pumping so hard and so fast against my rib cage, I thought it would burst. I wrapped my arms around him kissing his neck as he emptied himself into me.

Collapsing on top of me, completely spent and deliriously happy. Jyrki’s hands found mine, intertwining our fingers together. His chest was moving as quick as mine, almost in sync. Too tired to move at the moment and too hot to move under the sheets, we laid there basking in the afterglow. He laid small kiss against my chest as I ran my fingers through his hair, damp with sweat.