Status: It returns...slowly<3

Seize the Day, Relish the Night

026

The morning after held a melancholy mood. Even Ulla was calm, almost understanding the somber tension in the air. Funnily enough it was Jyrki that needed the reassurance.

I sighed as I waited for my own flight to be called. Ulla had been checked into cargo. Ulysses had assured me that the airline was the safest for pets. It was still hard to be separated by my baby, but at least she was coming along for the ride.

My parents were shocked to say the least when I had informed them of my plans. My father was proud that I was going off exploring and becoming my own woman. He always supported independence. My mother on the other hand was completely nervous that her baby was going thousands of kilometers away, much longer than a summer holiday. She had already sent my father out to get international phone cards to call me.

I played with the long chain around my neck, rubbing my finger along the engraving on the inside, a smile playing on my lips. I sighed thinking of how he held me in his arms the other morning when we woke up and when we were at the airport.

His whole body was rigid as he tried to hold himself together in front of everyone. Jyrki stayed behind a little longer, while everyone went through security having handed his carry-on over to Timo-Timo to have checked through for him. We sat in silence, having no need for words as he twirled my hair through his fingers. He hummed a Doors song, pressing soft kisses on my head every so often.

Dark sunglasses covered his eyes. I smiled thinking of how he protested when I took them off. He hadn’t wanted me to see him upset. “You’ll have fun,” I had reassured him in comfort. “It is not a permanent departure.” I had promised him. “Until we see each other again,” I had said before kissing him softly on his lips.

I stood up and stretched as my flight was called to begin boarding the plane. It would be a long flight, connecting in New York before taking another plane to L. A. Luckily, I had a window seat, with my camera ready to take pictures.

I took my seat in the narrow chair, thankfully having only two other people next to me. It would be easier once we were midway over the Atlantic to get up and stretch my legs. I took a deep breath as the engines started once everything was settled.

Getting butterflies in my stomach as the plane took off; it was always my favorite part of the flight. I knew deep inside that this was the right choice. All doubts had washed away.

Jyrki and I would have made it, even with the distance. This I was certain for. But, being able to work together and see one another just as frequently would only help reinforce what we have.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short transition, but an update nonetheless :)