Innocent Sorrow

Waking up

I woke up in someones living room. A fire was crackling next to me and I could see snow falling outside. I looked around and saw Eli my history teacher. Stirring something in a big pot. It smelt good. I could smell beef, onions. carets and other smells. There where so many my head whirled.

"Ooo good your up." She said looking at me. Her gold eye shining and now that I noticed she looked lonely. I shook my head.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Are you hungry?" She asked. My stomach rumbled answering her question. She laughed and filled me a bowl of what looked like beef stew. She handed me the bowl and I ate it in less then a minute and when my spoon hit the glass I sighed. I was still hungry.

"Want more. There is plenty more." She said grabbing the bowl and refilling it. I ate slower this time.

"What happen. The last thing I remember was being." I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"You where attacked. Yes." Eli said looking sad.

"What where those thing?" I whispered looking down at the empty bowl in my hands.

"Werewolves. They... they attacked you and now your one of us." She said sound so sad.

"Werewolves aren't real. I couldn't be a werewolf." I said shaking my head.

"Lycia I'm really sorry." She said resting one of her hands on my shoulder. I dropped the plate and stood up. I looked around and saw a hallway. I ran for it finding the bathroom. I looked at myself in the dark room. My eyes didn't look blue they where glowing gold like.. like a wolf. I flipped on the light and a sob broke from my chest. I had a scar that ran from my temple down my face over one eye and to the bottom of my chin. I lifted the shirt I was wearing and saw the nasty scars that looked like I went through a meat grinder and was put pack together. The scars where still raged but healed. Tears slipped down my cheeks.

"Lycia I'm really sorry." Eli said coming into the bathroom. She pulled me into a hug and let me cry on her shoulder.

"Lets go sit down. My husband is here." She said. I nodded whipping my cheeks off and following her back into the living room. A man that was probably 6'6 stood by the door taking off snow boots. He had black hair and had the same gold eyes as Eli and... I had. He looked up and saw me giving me a small sad smile.

"Your finally up." He said his voice a deep rumble. I nodded.

"Lycia this is my husband Carl. He is the one that saved you." She said. My head snapped up to look at him. His face showed nothing.

"You have been asleep for two days." He said.

"Only 2?" I asked my hand coming up to the scar on my face.

"Yes." He said.

"I want to go home." I said. Eli and Carl looked at each other then back at me.

"You haft to wait a while get us to your new body." Eli said. I looked down but nodded.

"Here you can stay in this room." Eli said leading me into a room with a small bed and TV. I could see my stuff sitting on a small table next to the bed.

"Thanks." I said. Eli walked out closing the door behind her. I walked over to my stuff. There was only my ipod and my cell phone. I grabbed my cell phone and opened it. 30 missed messages. I clicked view. 10 from my parent 10 from Bree and 10 from Damon. I closed the phone and crawled onto the bed falling asleep.