Innocent Sorrow

On The Hunt

All day I stayed away from Bree and Damon. I was hard but I did it. Now I lay on my bed looking out the window I saw something move in the woods and sat up.

"Calm down its only me." Zack's voice rang through my head. I smiled. I saw him for a second before he disappeared into the shadows again. He looked just like a wolf. Just bigger and had long teeth and claws.

"Were are we going to do I asked walking to my bedroom door to make sure everyone was sleeping.

"We are going to run." He said.

"What?" I almost asked.

" Just jump out of your window already. Change into your wolf." He growled at me. Before I knew what I was doing I jump and landed crouched on the ground.

"Beautiful." Zack said trotting up to me. I was going to chuckled but it came out as growls. I was shocked until I looked down at my feet. Paws. I snorted and just shook my head. There was the sound of a click and we both turned. My dad and brother both had guns pointed at us. I watched them as i turned all the way around and glared at the guns then at them. Van eyes widened and his gun lowered.

"Lets go." Zack said and we both turned and ran into the woods. I followed him for a while then we stopped. I looked at the house in front of us. Damon's. I crept to Damon's window and looked in. Bree was sitting next to him cleaning up his cut.

"Lycia wouldn't even look at us today." Bree said. I felt a growl building in my throat.

"I feel bad. I got her in trouble with her brother." she said.

"Its OK." He said kissing her. The growl ripped from my throat and I almost jumped through the window.

"Come on let go back home." Zack said. I pulled myself away from the window.

"Zack I need you here now!" Carl's voice yelled through our heads. I yelped and stated running with Zack. Zack was having a hard time keeping up with me. Zack shifted before me and ran into the house.

"Shift." He yelled into my head and my body took over. Next thing I new I was stumbling on to my feet. I ran into the house and saw Eli running around and Carl was pacing in the kitchen.

"Whats wrong?" Zack asked.

" The two wolves that attacked Lycia attached one of the lone wolves. She is hurt pretty bad, Eli is cleaning her up right now." Carl said looking worried.

"Carl may I speak with you." Zack said looking at me. Carl nodded and followed Zack out of the room. I couldn't hear them so I ignored it and looked for Eli. I found her in one of the extra rooms. I stood in the door way and watched as Eli wrapped the girl in wrap. I turned around and walked to the kitchen. I was about to sit down when Carl bursted into the room.

"Lycia come with me." Carl said. I didn't argue and followed him out the back door. Carl started to shift and with the power of his shift made me fall to the ground with the force of my own change. I sat there panting before Carl walked over to me.

"Lets go." HE said. I got up and ran after him. I kept up with him running a foot behind him. He had his nose close to the ground and his eyes glowed in the dark. I felt something in front of us and I shot forward. Carl gave a surprised yelp as I passed him. I jumped over a log and landed on two feet. Pain ran through my body as it went through another change and I looked over and saw one of the wolves that attracted me that night I was changed. I growled and jumped at it. We hit head one in a mass of snarling fur. I felt claws cut into my skin and growled. I jumped and hand my clawed hands pressing the wolfs shoulders to the ground as I stood over it snarling. I looked over at Carl as her had the other wolf to the ground. I watched as he came down and bit the wolfs neck. there was a loud pop and the wolf went limp to the ground. I turned back to the wolf under me and went in for the kill. I heard the pop and the wolf under me stopped moving. I got off and stood up on two feet. I felt something in me snap and I howled. It echoed off the trees and came back at me.

I though I saw Carl tremble and I got down on all fours. Carl growled at me but I didn't feel scared or wanting to cower. I felt strong and powerful.

"Lets go Lycia." He said and ran off into the trees.