Innocent Sorrow

***

I leaned on a tree next to the wolves place. The blood I took from the vampire was gone from the fight and I had a vampire bit on my left arm that didn't want to heal. With each drop of blood I lost my throat burned that much more. Changing from wolf to vampire and back again all day took it out of me. I knew if the sun hit me right now it wouldn't be good. When I tried to move to another shadow my wolf would growl and slash my insides with her claws. She didn't want to leave the wolves behind. She still thought of them as pack. I lifted my arm and saw the mark hiding under the skin the the vampire kept hidden. But now that the she was asleep the mark could be seen if you really looked for it. The wolf want out but I wouldn't let her. I felt myself sway and finally fall. I lay there on the ground watching the shadows move. I head the wolves come out of the house. I heard them get closer and finally saw they're feet.

"What happen to her?" Eli asked. I closed my eyes and kept my lips closed. I felt a hand on my arm.

"She is to cold." Eli said. I felt her hand on my throat.

"She doesn't have much of a pulse." Eli whispered.

"Zack help me get her inside." Eli said. I felt Zack's arms warp around me and lift me off the ground. My hurt arm hit his chest and I whimpered.

"Shh." He said into my hair. I cracked open my eyes and saw his gold ones looking into mine. His eyes widen for a second then I closed my eyes. Warm air brushed against me as we entered the house and I shivered. I felt myself being set down. I put my arm over the bite on my arm and growled.

"Let my see Honey." Eli said. She pulled my arm off the cut and gasped.I let my arm fall to my stomach.

"Can you shift?" Eli asked.

"Wont help." I mumbled.

"Shifting will help stop the bleeding."

"Can't shift. Wolf asleep." I said in between gasps.

"Wolf is asleep?"

"Yes." I said.

"But..."

"When I'm hurt wolf sleeps. She knows that she can heal me faster." I said. My throat burned like a fire in my throat. My hand went to my throat trying to put out the fire.

"Whats wrong Lycia?" Zack asked. I opened my eyes and looked a him. The vampire in me wanted blood. It felt like I ate sand and my tongue felt thick. My lips pealed back in a growl and magic whipped around us. A hissing sound echoed around us and I felt my fangs poke at my lip. A drop of blood landed on my tongue only making crave more.

I sat up my head tilted down so they couldn't see my face. My claws where ripping the couch that I sat on. I tried to stand up but only ended up falling back down.

"Lycia stop." Eli said pushing on my shoulders.

"I need to get home." I gasped.

"Is there someone there that can help you?" Eli asked. I pulled the vampire closer and a growl ripped from my throat. I stood up and stumbled to the door. I hissed when the sun hit my skin burning it. Now that the vampire was close I could smell burning skin. I ran out of the house. Running blindly into the woods. I let my vampire move my body. She knew where the house was and we could get there faster with her in control. i felt the cool door nob on my hand and went inside. I went to the fridge and opened the door grabbing a bag of blood. I bit trough the bag. The blood didn't taste right but I still drank it. The burning in my throat went away and the vampire slowly went to sleep purring. I sagged against the wall as the wolf paced wanting to get out. The pack mark on my arm flared and slowly faded away. For the first time in years I opened the link to the pack. They're thoughts filled my head and I stumbled.

<Zack's P.O.V>

I felt something in the back of my mind but every time I tried to reach for it I would hit a wall. It was only getting me madder. I hated not being able to reach it. I paced in my room trying to reach it but never could.

<Lycia's P.O.V>

I could feel the pack poking at my mind but I had a wall up that they couldn't pass through. I could feel anger coming from Zak and sent him calming emotions. He was confused and sad.

I kept close to Zack's mind. I cared for him the most and my wolf cared for him. My vampire though he was cute but that was it.

It was night now and I walked outside and shifted. I trotted through the woods looking for something to hunt. I found the sent of deer and followed it. In a clearing 6 deer where eating. I jumped out scaring them then chased after the biggest one. I was faster than them and was able to catch the deer without much of a run. I ate the deer until I heard the sound of the pack. They followed the sent of the deer I chased smelling its fear. I hovered over my kill with my fangs showing when they walked into the clearing I killed the deer in. Carl showed his teeth at me and I snarled.

"This is my kill." I said through the link.

"While you are here you share the kills." Carl growled at me.

"I will not share my kills." I snarled back at him. I could feel the link opening more and my vampire popping its head up to snarl at Carl. If she came out any more they would see her. I knew my eyes were a deep red and not the gold they where meant to be.

"Carl that is enough." Eli said coming up to his side. Carl growled but stepped back.

"Take it." I snarled walking away. There was a red blur over my eyes and I felt my fangs sharpen longer than the wolfs fangs are meant to be.

"Its your kill." Carl growled while I walked away.

" I can't eat it any more." I said turning to glare at him. I could feel the vampire pushing the wolf away trying to make me shift. A hiss like a snake came from the vampire as she took over.

"I got to go now." I said and turned around walking into the trees. Once I was out of sight I shifted. I sat under a tree gasping. Being forced to shift hurt. It was like a full moon shift.

After the pain faded away i stood up and walked towards the town. It was late and there weren't many people out. I walked around the town for an hour. There was no blood around that my vampire wanted. I walked outside of a club and my vampire purred. I sniffed the air and smelt it. Over the sent of booze and drugs was the sent of sweet blood. I saw a group of guys one of them was taller than the others and looked more clean. He saw me looking at him and smiled. He walked over to me and leaned down so his face was close to mine.

"I've never seen you before." He said. He didn't smell like smoke or beer. He smelt clean.

"Are you thirsty?" He asked looking into mine.

"very." i purred. He rested his hand at the base of my back and lead me into an alley. When we where out of sight he turned to me and pressed his lips to mine. I purred into the kiss and he pressed me against the wall. He was taller than me but not by much. I pulled away and kissed to the base of his neck. I lick at where the pulse was and felt him shiver. I bit down and he moaned pulling me closer. I drank enough to fill me but not enough to kill him. Only enough to make him fell a bit dizzy. I pulled away, blood was dripping from my chin and i whipped it away.

"I'll see you soon." I said turning away. I stopped in my tracks. Bree and Damon where at the end of the alley looking at me. My eyes widen and I wanted to run. I whipped the rest of the blood off my face.

"Lycia?" Bree asked.

"Crap." I hissed. I looked around for a place to run my eyes darting around me. I sighed and closed my eyes. I straiten my body out of the crouch and opened my eyes to look at them.

"Its been a long time." I said. Both of they're eyes widen.

"Your not dead?" Bree asked tears pooling in her eyes.

"Lets talk some where else." i said shoving my hand into the pockets of my leather pants.

<Bree's P.O.V>

Me and Damon followed Lycia down the street. She looked different. Her pants hugged her and she walked with power. She looked just like she did a few years ago like she hadn't aged. Her hair was long almost brushing her caves. She looked up at the restaurant. It was nice... very nice. I would never be able to go here.

"Lets eat." She said. She walked inside and me and Damon paused before walking in.

"How many guess do you have Master?" A man in a suit bowed to her.

"Two." She said and the man bowed again and grabbed three menus. Lycia looked at us and then walked after the sever. We followed after her and where seated. After the man left Lycia smile fell and she looked at us with bright gold eyes.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"Everywhere. I lived in 10 different states. I finally was able to come back." She said lacing her fingers together and leaning forward. I looked up and saw a man walking up behind Lycia.

"Master it has been very long. Where is your master?" The man said coming up to her.

"My Master is dead." She said her eyes turning hard.

"I 'm am sorry. I grieve for your loss. May I get you a drink Master?" He asked.

"Please." Lycia said. The man bowed and looked at us.

"What would you two like?" He asked. Something about him gave me the chills. He bowed at Lycia again and walked off.

"Don't you have a kid at home?" She asked leaning forward.

"How do you know?" I asked looking at her. Laughter made her eyes sparkle.

"I know allot." She said smiling.

" You know that Van is a mess. He thinks its his fault that you went missing. He thinks he couldn't protect you. He even became a police officer to find you." I said looking Lycia in the eyes. Something changed in them. She looked sad.

"I didn't want to leave. I really didn't want to but I had no choice. How are mom and dad?" She asked.

<Lycia's P.O.V>

"They died a year ago." I felt tears reach my eyes and I looked away. I wasn't here when they died.

"After this may you take me to they're grave?" I asked. Both Bree and Damon nodded. The waiter came with our drinks and we sat in silence and drank. Both of them eyed my drink but let it hang. After we finished out drinks I payed the bill and followed Bree and Damon. We walked to the cemetery and they led me to two graves close to each other. My parents names were written across them. I stepped forward tears coming to my eyes. I sank down to my knees my head falling into my hands.

"How did they die?" I asked looking up at the grave.

"Murder." A new voice said. I turned around. Van stood with some white flowers in his hands. His icy blue eyes were hard as they looked me over.

"Let me guess. You joined some cult and left." Van said glaring at me. I stood up a smiling spreading across my face.

"You could say. But that doesn't matter right now. Tell me how mom and dad were killed." I said.

"They were... ripped apart. There were no prints or any sigh of someone breaking into the house."

"How were they ripped apart?" I asked.

"Into shreds. it was... horrible." He said.

"Was it like an animal attack?" I asked.

"How do you know?" Van asked narrowing his eyes even more.

"Let me make a call."