Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Betrayed

I slept a dreamless sleep for a few hours until I was awakened by a knocking. I get woke up a lot. I yawned and got up. My muscles still had a dull ache, but overall I felt better.

I crossed my room to the door and opened it. I was greeted by Gates pressing his lips to mine. When he let go, I backed out of the doorway and let him in. He closed the door quietly and said, "You were amazing today."

"Thank you. To be honest when Vengeance told me I'd be fighting them, I freaked out a bit."

"You didn't seem to need a reason to freak out though. You did way better than anyone thought you would. People lost a lot of money."

I giggled, "Serves them right for underestimating me." I went back to lay on my bed figuring Gates would follow me, but he didn't. I examined him closer and saw that he seemed distracted and uneasy.

"Gates, are you okay? You seem tense."

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking."

I slid back off of the bed and my wrapped my arms around him. I kissed him on the lips and he immediately responded by running his tongue along my lower lip. I ran my fingers through his hair and he moved his hands to my waist. He lifted me up without breaking the kiss and headed for the bed.

Once on the bed, he started kissing my neck, I pulled off his shirt and seconds later, he removed mine. He continued to go lower, leaving kisses as he went and making me moan softly. I started moving my hands toward his waist to take his pants off. I started sliding them off when I heard the door open. We both stopped cold.

After a few seconds, I got the guts to lift my head and see who it was in the doorway. I saw Vengeance staring wide-eyed with his mouth agape at the scene before him. The three of us stared at each other for what seemed like ages. Finally, Vengeance turned and walked away.

Gates sighed and started getting dressed again. "Sorry," he whispered before heading out the door.

I pulled my blanket around me. For some reason, I felt guilty. I wasn't sure why, but suddenly I felt tired and decided to go back to sleep.

Vengeance's P.O.V.
I can't believe he did that! I guess I should have known; the way he acted earlier wasn't exactly normal.

I returned to my room and laid down. I couldn't stay still so I paced the room. My mind was buzzing with probably every emotion known to man. I don't know what to do or think anymore. My best friend just practically slapped me in the face.

There was a knock at the door. "Go away!" I growled with so much force, I nearly scared myself.

"Look, Vengeance. I'm sorry," Gates said from the other side.

"Okay whatever, I don't care. Just go." I heard him sigh and walk away. I sat on the edge of my bed and placed my head in my hands. Sometimes being king is the worst job ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!

M. Vengeance and J. Shadows