Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

That's Impossible

In the Wind Tribe's Kingdom....

Zerafyna's P.O.V.
After I had banished Talia, things seemed to actually go smoother. Without her complaining and causing problems with her sister and everyone else, things seemed more peaceful.

I was still intent on the invasion of the Blood Tribe. I may have lost my best warrior, but she can be easily replaced. I've ordered training to be 10 times better than it had been.

About a week after my former daughter's banishment, I sent scouts out; just to see if she had survived. They returned a week later with no sign of her. She was probably dead. She had never been out in the desert before, so there was almost no doubt in my mind that she wasn't dead. Serves her right. Filthy traitor.

I was in the gathering hall making plans for the invasion when Athela and one of my spies burst through the doors.

"Your highness," the spy began, "I have news about the Bloods."

I perked up. This was the first bit of news I had gotten in weeks. "Go on," I stated curiously.

"The Bloods have Talia."

My mouth dropped open. So she was alive.

"She told them about the invasion and now they're preparing for it."

"Mother, what are we going to do?" Athela asked fervently.

"We're still invading. It will just have to be soon so there's less time for them." I paused. "And while we're there, we'll take Talia back. I want to deal with her myself."

Back in the Blood Tribe's Kingdom....
Talia's P.O.V.

It had been a while since Gates and I had been caught by Vengeance. It was probably early now, but it's hard to tell since my room is in the basement.

I was having trouble sleeping, even though I was still exhausted from earlier. Every time I tried to sleep, visions of Gates and I being slaughtered in some gruesome way kept filling my head.

I decided, since sleep was out of the question, to take a bath...that's if the door is unlocked.

I threw my shirt back on. When I reached the door, I placed my hand on the knob. It turned easily in my hand and I exited the room.

I passed Gates's chambers and almost knocked, but then decided against it. Now probably wasn't the best time to talk.

As I was finishing the walk to the bathing area, the morbid thoughts of death came back. I shook them out. Heshouldn't couldn't go to those extremes. I mean, it's probably not that big of deal to him. He was probably just shocked to walk in on his best friend about to have sex.

For some reason, this thought just didn't comfort me.

Another thought at the back of my head kept nagging me; one tiny thought. What if he did care? What if he actually liked me? No, that was stupid. Stupid is an understatement; that's just plain impossible.

After my bath, I returned to my room and laid on the bed. I was right, the bath did relax me. After about half an hour, I fell into a surprisingly dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This on was a filler if you couldn't tell. Feedback on the story so far?

M. Vengeance and J. Shadows