Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Bad Obsession

At the Wind Tribe....

Zerafyna's P.O.V.
"I want our forces doubled. If we're going to invade, it's going to be when the Blood Tribe least expects it. We will not be outnumbered.”

I had just finished giving orders to my new top warrior when Athela walked in.

"I want to help." This isn't really like her. "Why is that?"

"I want to find Talia and kill her myself." I guess sisterly love is not at play here.

"Athela if you die there will be no one to secede my throne," I protested.

"I'll train twice as hard as Talia ever did."

“If you get killed, it's not my fault."

"Fine." She walked out of my sight and left me in my frustration. The invasion will be soon.

Blood Tribe
Vengeance's P.O.V.
I gazed down at Talia's sleeping form repaying last night in my head. She is the most amazing woman I've ever met.

Sure, at age sixteen I was able to visit the harem, but she's something else. I care and worry about her. I think I might love her.

This is so confusing; I've never felt this way before. Talia probably didn’t even remotely feel the same. I was still tired and fell back to sleep holding Talia.

Gates's P.O.V.
Something happened to her. She's not in her room. I don't think I've ever felt so scared for someone. He probably raped and beat her again.

I wish I could hate him, but I just can't. God I hope she's okay. I've hardly gotten any sleep. Why, why did I have to screw up like that? If I hadn't, she'd probably be with me instead of bleeding to death and crying. I need to know she's okay.

Talia's P.O.V.
When I woke up, I was alone in a strange room. Trying to remember how I got here, I felt a draft and looked down at myself. Ooooh yeah. Now I remember.

I got up and found a note from Vengeance.

Didn't want to wake you. I'm in the throne room. Get dressed and come meet me when you find this.

Love,
V.


Smiling I found my clothes, got dressed, and left the room.

"Talia, I really need to talk to you." I heard Gates behind me as I froze.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Then just listen. I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I really care for you."

My eyes burned as I tried not to cry. He embraced me in a hug as I let the tears go. "Vengeance doesn't really care about you"

This set me off. I pushed him away and slapped him across the face. Gates called after me as I ran to the throne room.

Vengeance bolted towards me in concern. He tried to calm me down as I wept. "What's wrong?"

"Gates said some things."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing."

"Well, it had to have been something to make you cry. What did he say?"

"He said you don't really care about me." I sniffled as my tears stopped. "Do you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait...Serious writer's block.

Feedback if you love us!!!

J. Shadows and M. Vengeance