Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Lost

Vengeance's P.O.V.
This caught me completely off guard.

She looked into my eyes with total sincerity. She walked out of my embrace looking hurt and headed towards my throne.

I pulled her back to face me. "Yes I care about you. Of course I do." I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a loving kiss.

She pulled away first and smiled. It seemed unsure though. I don't think she completely believed me.

"I'm sorry. It's just...I don't know what to believe anymore."

"I understand," was all I managed.

She sighed. "Can I go back to my room? I need to be alone to think." I nodded,

She must be so confused. First, I'm beating the shit out of her and now I'm doing the opposite. I rubbed my forehead and practically fell into my throne.

I wanted Talia, but at the same time wondered how it would be if we were together. Would Gates and I still be friends, or would it be too awkward?

I didn't hate Gates; I mean, how could I? We've been friends our whole lives. I don't think a girl would tear us completely apart.

And of course the nagging question of could we even keep a relationship going and how the rest of the tribe reacts.

I sighed and just decided to wait and see what would happen.

Talia's P.O.V.
Gates or Vengeance? Both had wronged me in some way or another, but they both said they cared for me.

Were they lying for their own selfish reasons or were they being honest?

My head started hurting from all the confusion so I hid my face in the pillow. Someone knocked on the door and I growled.

If it was Gates, I would be so...I don't even know. But it wasn't Gates or even Vengeance who stepped through the door.

It was Plague. He had bandages around his head from when we fought no doubt.

I gulped, thinking he had come to get revenge or something, and hugged my pillow.

"Hi Plague," I managed to say, even though my mouth was bone dry. "How's your head?"

He stared at me for a moment then smiled. "Better actually." I loosened up, but not completely letting my guard down.

"That's good. So, did you need something?"

"No. I just came to tell you that you did a lot better than I expected and I'm sorry I underestimated you."

"It's okay."

We were quiet for a minute until Plague said, "So, I heard about what happened."

I stared at him then asked, "How?"

"You'd be surprised at how fast news travels here."

"Oh, I see."

"Well, I better go. If I'm gone too long Shadows will have my head."

"Okay. It was nice talking to you Plague."

"You too," he said as he walked out the door.

After he left, I felt tears threatening to fall again. This couldn't go on. I had to figure this out and it had to be soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! 2 in 1 day!!

feedback is always appreciated

J. Shadows & M. Vengeance