Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Out Ta Get Me

Christ's P.O.V.
Plague and I were in charge of the warriors at the gates. We watched probably the whole Wind Tribe approach.

"It's an army of women," Plague said. "It's kind of erotic."

"You would say something like that. Even if there is a possibility we may die."

"What? You don't think so?"

"Shut up Plague."

Sometimes I hates how he goofed off like this.

The enemy stopped marching. A woman with blond hair was leading them.

"Give me my daughter and we won't attack." This must be Zerafyna.

"I don't believe that for a second," I said to her.

I saw her grit her teeth, "Very well. Athela, take your warriors and attack."

A girl probably Talia's age stepped forward. I assumed this was Zerafyna's other daughter, considering she could be Zerafyna's younger twin.

Plague and I gave our men instructions to be ready to fight.

"Go tell Vengeance our guests have arrived," I ordered Martin.

Vengeance's P.O.V.
"Hey, is that Martin?" Shadows asked me as we waited. I looked out into the crowd of warriors and saw Martin cutting through them.

"Zerafyna and her warriors have arrived," he told me. I nodded and sent him back to his post.

"Well this is it," said Shadows.

"It could be."

Shadows walked away to give orders to the warriors. I looked beyond them and could already see the battle at the gates.

After a while, it started advancing towards us.

"Shadows, be ready!" Soon, my warriors at the gates were backed up to the ones guarding the kingdom.

Suddenly, the Wind Tribe's warriors stopped. I watched them part as Zerafyna waled through them. She stopped at the front of her army.

"Well, well, well. You must be Vengeance. You've grown quite a bit since I last saw you."

"Yeah, and you've aged quite a bit."

She scowled, "You're just like your father. Now where is Talia?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

She smirked, "Your downfall."

Talia's P.O.V.
I had been watching the battle from a window ever since it began. I watched my mother's forces move toward the kingdom.

She moved forward and said, "Well, well, well. You must be Vengeance. You've grown a bit." Vengeance answered and it must have been an insult because she looked angry. "You're just like your father. Now where is Talia?"

I didn't listen anymore. Obviously they were here for me. I had to stop this.

"Gates, I'm going out there. I'm tired of watching people die."

"Are you crazy? They'll kill you!"

"Sometimes you have to take risks, Gates. You should know all about that."

I felt bad for saying that, but at least he stopped trying to talk me out of it. I left the throne room and made my way to the battle field.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it?

Feedback is appreciated.

J. Shadows & M. Vengeance