Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

A Little Excitement for Vengeance

Still Talia's P.O.V.
That was a whole three days ago.

Well my old tribe did have the decency to give me water so I'd have a fighting chance. HA! I doubted I'd last long out here, considering I've never been outside the walls.

Yeah I know; I've lived in this desert my whole life and never left. Believe it or not, mother didn't want us to leave. She said it was too dangerous. And yet here I am. Go figure.

I walked for hours...I think, I've kinda lost my sence of time. But anyways, I walked for what seemed hours until i blacked out.

Shadow's P.O.V.

Scouting for enemies is always boring. They are never stupid enough to come here. Maybe it's because of the sand storms in this area.

"Plague! Plague! What's that in the sand overthere?"

"How should I know. Let's get closer." We both advanced towards the strange thing.

"It's a girl," I said.

"A hot girl," Plague said smiling.

I laughed, "Don't get too excited. You know Vengeance has to see the prisoners first."

"Aw, c'mon Shadows, he'll never know..."

"No now let's get back before a storm comes."

~*Vengeance's P.O.V.*~
This has to have been the most boring week ever. The most that has happened is the Head of Guard, Christ, stopped a maniac from another tribe get in. Noth that I got to see any of it. If something interesting didn't happen soon I'd go crazy.

"You look bored," my adviser, Gates said.

"You don't say," I answered sarcastically.

"Man you're no fun anymore. We used to acctually have fun."

"Well, I'm king now, Gates. I can't just go out and do everything we used to. I acctually have resposibility now."

Gates and I were best friends and did everything dangerous or stupid together. But then dad was killed a few years ago making me, his only son, king.

A few minutes later, Plague and Shadows walked in.

"Vengeance, we found someone in the desert," Shadows informed. He moved away from Plague who was carrying a body. Interested, I got up from my throne and wakled towards him. I looked at the still figure and the first words to come out of my mouth was,

"Check her ankle."

Everyone in the Anata Desert had their tribe's insignia tattooed on their ankle.

Shadows removed the girl's boot revealing none other than the Wind Tribe's mark. "What the fuck were you guys thinking?" I yelled at my two top warriors. "Bringing the enemy in here! I can't believe you didn't look first!"

"She's almost dead," Plague defended.

"Vengeance," Gates called from behind me, "I think that's Zerafyna's daughter. So, when and if she wakes up, you could question her."

I smiled. "I knew there was a reason you were my adviser."

"What do we do with her 'til then?" Plague asked.

"Just put her with the other women. And I want you to tell Christ to watch her and for him to bring her to me when she wakes up."

"Yes sir." And with that, the two left.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is ch. 1
whatcha think?
ch. 2 will go up as soon as we write it.
and again...would like feedback (comments, messages,constructive criticism)

J. Shadows & M. Vengeance