Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Get in the Ring

Outsider's P.O.V.
As the moon rose over the Anata Desert, Wind Tribe warriors were silently infiltrating the Blood Kingdom. Quickly and quietly, they knocked out and took hostage the people of importance including King Vengeance himself. After being thrown into the dungeons of their own kingdom, the men slowly regained consciousness.

Vengeance's P.O.V.
*groans* "Where am I?"

"Oh, I see you're awake Vengeance," I heard Zerafyna's distant voice. I opened my eyes to see her sitting in MY throne. I tried to advance toward her but stopped when I discovered I was chained to a wall.

"Zerafyna you bitch let me down."

She laughed at my remark, "I'm sorry, but I can't do that. Bring in Talia."

"Oh my God. What have you done to her?"

"We punished her for her crimes. Isn't that right Athela?" She looked over to a girl I suspected to be Athela.

"Oh yes. I had tons of fun doing so as well."

Talia looked to be unconscious then I heard her beautiful voice quietly speak. "Vengeance?"

"I'm here."

Her eyes shot open and she looked around. "What the Hell mother? You said you would leave."

"Well, the thing is, I lied." Zerafyna nodded to the two women next to me and I was punched in the gut by each of them.

I heard Talia scream and yell, "Stop! Let him go!"

"Talia, this wouldn't hurt you as much if you didn't get so attached," I heard Zerafyna say as something sliced my arm. Talia screeched again.

Talia's P.O.V.
I couldn't watch this anymore. Tears started to slide down my cheeks.

"Well, if you wouldn't have banished me for something I didn't do, I would have never met any of them."Mother Zerafyna just laughed at me. "I don't care. His death is long overdue anyway."

After this was said, the two torturers started making more cuts along Vengeance's arms. Vengeance yelled out in pain, causing me to fight my restraints.

"Stop this! I...I love him!"

"You disgust me, Talia. You could have gone far in the Wind Tribe, but no all you are is a filthy traitor." She turned back to Vengeance. "Kill him."

At these words, something snapped inside of me. It felt like some kind of beast was awakened and was furious.

I tore out of the two women's grip and bolted toward the two torturing Vengeance. I punched one hard enough in the face that she hit her head against the wall and became unconscious. The second sliced my arm slightly with her sword. I kicked her in the stomach, making her double over, then smacked her forehead to the wall knocking her out as well.

Vengeance was staring at me wide eyed from the ground where he had fallen. I knelt down beside him and examined his arms. The cuts were pretty deep which worried me.

"I'll be fine," he whispered. I smiled and stood up. I turned to face my oppressors. Athela and the two who had held me had expressions of pure fear plastered on their faces. Zerafyna, however, looked angrier than I had ever seen her.

"We can stop this now. If you let these people go and never return to the Blood Kingdom again, I won't have to kill you."

Zerafyna glared at me. I could see craziness in her stare now. "Never! I will never surrender to the likes of you!"

"You're digging your own grave. You've got one more chance." I don't see why I'm even giving them a chance. They sure as Hell didn't deserve it.

"Athela, kill her!" Zerafyna barked. Athela stayed rooted to the same spot. I saw my chance so free Vengeance and pulled the keys off one of the unconscious woman's belt. I removed the shackles and he smiled at me gratefully.

I handed him the ring of keys and said, "Go free the others. I'll handle these bitches."

He chuckled and stood up. "Be careful," he warned and gave me a quick kiss. He was a little wobbly when he began walking but regained his composure quickly and left the throne room.

I turned back to the people I used to call family and said, "Who wants to die first?"
♠ ♠ ♠
There's the next chapter! It's starting to get really good now!

Feedback is still amazing!

M. Vengeance and J. Shadows