Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

From Hell They Came

Image

Image

~*Vengeance's P.O.V.*~
I ran down the hallway hoping I didn't run into anyone in the Wind Tribe. I had almost forgotten about my arms until I looked down. I was losing a lot of blood. I should probably take care of that.

I made a quick stop at the hospital ward (which was surprisingly empty) and wrapped my arms in a makeshift tourniquet. Once finished, I headed down to the dungeons.

The dungeons were dark, dirty and smelled really bad. I guess that's how their supposed to be. I'm glad I never had to come down here.

There were two guards at the door. Damn, this was just great. My arms were butchered and now I get to take care of these two. What a day I'm having.

I snuck up behind one and hit a pressure point on her neck. She fell to the ground and the other turned to me. She swung her sword at me and I barely dodged it. I picked up the unconscious woman's sword to use as my own.

The woman and I deflected each others blows until I put all the strength I had left in my arms into a swing, causing her sword to fly behind her, leaving her vulnerable. I didn't trust any of these girls so I had no choice but to kill her. I thrust the sword into her chest, ending her life.

I turned back to the door and unlocked it with the key.

Gates, Shadows, Plague, and Christ were in a cell toward the back. Gates must have heard me walk in because he lifted his head.

"Vengeance? You're alive?" he asked, obviously shocked.

"Yeah, I'm shocked too. I owe it all to Talia."

He looked at me concerned. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know. But she may need our help."

I unlocked their cell to let them out. I then freed the other men who were being held here. Once they were assembled, I explained everything that had happened upstairs and told them the plan. They all agreed to help. I didn't expect them to say no though. I mean, this is their kingdom too.

I then led everyone toward the throne room, where Zerafyna and Talia awaited. I just hoped we weren't too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this one's kind of short. I couldn't think of anything else.

Comment anyway?

M. Vengeance and J. Shadows