Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Sew Him Up

Shadows's P.O.V.
The expression on Talia's face had me worried. I couldn't exactly see how bad his wound was, but I think that look told it all.

I finally found the rest of the men. It looked like they had done a pretty good with the Wind Tribe army.

"Gates!" I yelled.

He turned to me. "What? What is it?"

I figured he thought I meant Talia was trouble or something. Word around the kingdom was him Talia had something going for a while.

"Where's Steven?"

Steven was our physician. "We told him to stay in the back. Do you want me Plague and Christ to come too?"

"Oh, yeah, sure."

We found Steven was just finishing dressing a man's arm wound.

"Steven, we need you up at thee palace. It's Vengeance."

Steven's expression became grave, "Well, then what are we waiting for. Let's go!"he said.

We all hurried to the throne room and ran in. Talia was bent over Vengeance's body. I prepared myself for the worst.

"Talia," I said gently, "The physician is here. so you need to get up." She rose slowly and walked away.

I saw that Vengeance was still breathing and relief swept over me. Steven walked over to Vengeance,"He's bleeding profusely," he began. "We'll have to sew him up and fast. Help me move him to the hospital ward."

Plague and I picked Vengeance up and took him to the hospital ward.

Talia's P.O.V.
I watched Shadows and Plague carry Vengeance away, followed by Steven. I began to follow but Gates held me back, "You probably don't want to do that."

I sighed. He was probably right.

Gates said something to Christ, then escorted me to my room. I sat on my bed and Gates said, "Talia, you saved this place. So on behalf me, Vengeance, and everyone else in the Blood Tribe, thanks."

I raised my head and managed a smile.

"I'm going to go see how everything is holding up." I nodded and Gates left me alone. I sat there hugging my pillow hoping Vengeance would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Chapter! YAY!

feedback is never a bad thing

J. Shadows & M. Vengeance