Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

Don't Cry

Gates's P.O.V.
I finally got to the hospital ward and was shocked to see all the blood covered clothes and rags.

My eyes wandered a little further and landed on Vengeance getting sewn up by Steven. I knew it was bad, but damn, this is horrible.

I walked over and knelt down beside him.Thankfully he was out of it so he wouldn't feel the stitching.

I heard a groan escape from him and I knew he was coming around. Good timing; Steven just got done.

"What the hell happened?"

"You almost died, that's what happened," I answered.

"Where am I and where's Talia. Is she okay!?"

"Vengeance, calm down and relax. Talia is in her room and she is safe. We are in the hospital ward getting you fixed up."

He seemed to settle down when I told him Talia was fine.

He really does love her.

"Can I see her?" I nodded and sent someone to get her.

Talia's P.O.V.
I must have fallen asleep because Christ was gently shaking me awake.

"Talia, wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw a pleased look on him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing unless you consider Vengeance wanting you is still bad."

"He's okay?"

"Yup now let's go."

He didn't have to tell me twice. It took everything I had to not run. Well, you would think the pain would slow me down, but I didn't notice it.

I only wanted to see Vengeance.

I was horrified when I saw blood soaking through his wraps.

I ran over to him and broke down in tears. Laying my head down on his chest, carefully avoiding the wound, I cried.

A hand moved to my back and started to rub in comfort.

"I'm okay," came a quiet whisper. I looked up and saw Vengeance's open green eyes.

Without a second thought, my lips were upon Vengeance's in a passionate kiss. He soon returned the kiss, putting as much force as his body would let him into it.

A few of my tears fell on his face.

Vengeance's hand that was not on my back was caressing my cheek.

"Don't cry," he said when we pulled away.

"I love you Vengeance."

Vengeance's P.O.V.
"I love you Vengeance."

Those words coming from her made me feel ten times better.

I pulled her into a tight embrace even though it hurt to do so and whispered," I love you Talia. I want you to be with me forever. I'd do anything for you."

"I love you so much."

"Marry me?"

She moved to look at me and was silent. As my hopes were dying from her silence,

"Yes."

She kissed me again and said yes every time she broke away only to kiss me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Our story is nearing it's end.
*sob*
thanks to everyone who has been reading and thanks to the people who made our banners!

you all are awesome

J. Shadows and M. Vengeance