Self-Righteousness is Wearing Thin

The Escape

Since I was let go without an escort, I decided to explore the place. I wandered for awhile, finding nothing too interesting, until I came to what I assumed was the training grounds. All of the warriors were buff, but their leader was the strongest looking. Wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

I watched for a few minutes until he looked over to where I was hiding and met my eyes. Shit.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked angrily.

All I got out was "Um..." before he was dragging me back the way I came.

"You know, Plague was right, you are hot."

I just wanted to kick him as hard as I possibly could, but decided against it; he could probably break me like a twig.

"So, where exactly are you taking me?"

"To your room."

I guess I better get used to it in there.

A few days later....
I'm pretty much in hell. I've only been able to leave to bathe, go to the bathroom, and be questioned more. There's no one to talk to, except Gates who is sent down here every so often to check on me or give me food. Maybe I can get out of here....

I cracked the door open (it was surprisingly unlocked) and looked to see if anyone was in the hallway that led to my room. All clear.

I got up the stairs and to the main floor with no trouble. Now just to get ou the doors.

I must have picked a good day for this because there was no one around. I smiled to myself and ran out the doors.

I had never seen the outside of the palace and was surprised at how big it was. I could see the gates from where I was and it wasn't too far. I ran through the kingdom, dodging a few people that were out and about. Then I finally reached the gates. This is where I thought my luck ran out.

There were a few men guarding the gates. Maybe I could distract them somehow. I picked up a nearby rock and threw it at the one on my left.

"What the hell Christ?"

The other one looked at him. "What?"

"You threw a rock at me!"

"No I didn't."

"Whatever."

When they turned back the other way, I chucked another rock at Christ.

"Now you're throwing rocks at me?!?!"

"What? No!"

"Okay, that's it. Let's settle this."

The two gurads started punching each other. I saw my chance to get away. I snuck passed them and took off across the desert.

Vengeance's P.O.V.
"Vengeance, Talia's gone!" Gates yelled bursting through the door.

Whoa, wake up call. Okay I was drifting off a bit, sue me.

"What? How did no one see her leave?"

"I don't know."

This was just great.

"Tell Shadows and Plague to meet me at the gates as soon as possible. I also want a full search of this place."

Gates turned around and went back the way he came. When I finished preparing to search in the desert, I exited as well.

I was only waiting at the gates for about two minutes before Shadows and Plague joined me. That's something I like about these two; they didn't keep me waiting long.

"So, what's the damage this time?" Plague asked.

"Well, our 'guest' has escaped." I glanced over at Christ, who dropped his gaze to his shoes.

"Oh, you mean the sexy red-head girl we brought in a few days ago? Yeah, I could tell she was trouble. I caught her snooping around the training grounds," Shadows informed me.

Damn, I swear this girl's just looking for trouble. I have to admit, the girl's got guts.

"Okay, let's just start searching before she gets too far. If she's even out here."

As we searched, my mind was racing. What if she were to go back to the Wind Tribe? Would they let her enter if she said she had information about us? I didn't think she'd go back but who knows? That's why it's crucial we get to her before she gets anywhere.

"It shouldn't be too hard to spot her if she's out here. Her hair is a dead giveaway," said Shadows after about fifteen minutes. I nodded in agreement. Even those these two goof off a lot, they are smart and usually know what they're talking about. That's why they're my top two warriors.

After a while, I started to get nervous. What if we were going the wrong way? This thought was interrupted when i saw a red spec in the distance.

I stopped. "Do you see what I see?" The other two stopped and looke in the direction i was looking. We smiled at each other and sped up.

Talia's P.O.V.
I had slowed down a while ago bacause I figured I had gotten a good enough lead. I wasn't sure where I was heading exactly but anywhere had to be better than there.

I had lost sight of the Blood's kingdom a while ago, so that added to my safe feeling. I also couldn't stop thinking about how easy that was. Man, if mom does invade, it probably won't be hard for her to get in.

My thoughts were soon ended when someone grabbed me from behind. I gasped when I saw who it was. It was the man who had caught me at the training grounds.

"Nice work Shadows," Vengeance sneered, walking over to face me, follwed by a much taller man.

"Talia, when will you learn?"

I shot him a death glare; that only made him and the other two laugh.

"Let's go," Vengeance ordered.

And with that, I was being hauled back to my prison. I was so dead when we got there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still need feedback....and maybe a banner if anyone's feeling nice?

M.Vengeance and J. Shadows