‹ Prequel: Untitled

Hannah Black History

Lineage explanation, Mother's story.

To my readers, there is little known about Hannah's mother other than the fact that she died giving birth to Hannah. Therefore, we will start with her Story.

Lydia Lauren LaBelle was, to her family's disappointment the only child born to the pureblood family of the LaBelles and Kuffs. Her parents loved her dearly and would never admit their disappointment at never having a son to carry on the family name of Kuff. Unfortunately her mother died of a freak jinx accident when she was in her 6th year at Hogwarts and her father died several months later in a mysterious magical fire. It has been rumored that Sirus Black's outraged family may have been behind it for they considered the Kuff family to be Blood-traitors.

When Lydia started at Hogwarts both her parents were hoping she would be in Ravenclaw, just like they were. However, the sorting hat had different plans for her. The second the hat touched her head it yelled GRYFFINDOR. She was ecstatic, because one of the three boys she had met on the train, and in her opinion the most handsome, had been sorted into Gryffindor not long before. She ran to the table and sat by him. They chatted excitedly about the upcoming year and watched as the other two boys were sorted into Gryffindor as well. As you may have guessed this handsome young man was none other than Sirius Black. They spent their first two years at Hogwarts joking around with one another. In this time Sirius, James, and Lupin were joined by Peter Pettigrew and Lydia met and became close friends with Lilly Evans. Sirius and Lydia flirted relentlessly, but stayed no more than friends for quite some time.

Once 4th year came around Lydia finally told Lupin, her closest friend in the group, how much she liked Sirius and how she wanted to be with him more than anything. Of course Lupin's advice was to tell him, because he knew Sirius's feelings too. Lydia saw the sense in Lupin's words, but when the day came that she was going to tell him, she saw him for the cruel prankster he was. He and James had Severus Snape, a friend of Lilly's, suspended in midair and were going to take off his trousers. It also appeared that they were doing this to show off for a group of girls not to far away. Lydia caught Sirius's eye and in this glance he saw her complete disgust with him.

After this incident Sirius spoke to Lupin, who told Sirius what Lydia had planned to do that day. For the next year he spent every waking second trying to get Lydia back. Lydia however, was stubborn and felt bad for Severus. She showed Severus every kindness she could to try to make up for Sirius's conduct. She even went out with him on a date, but soon discovered that he was still in love with Lilly and always would be, and his unending love for Lilly made her realize that if anything, she had only grown to love Sirius more with all his attempts at fixing things.

Once she realized this, she went to him immediately. They became absolutely inseparable. For their next 3 and a half years at Hogwarts they were always together. When Sirius left his family to live with the Potters, Lydia invited him to her home and she stayed at the Potters as much as possible. When her mother died, Sirius was there to dry her tears, and when her father died, he was there yet again. Her parents left her their house, and she and Sirius lived there together during the summer between their 6th and 7th year. After their 7th year they rushed into marriage because of the threat of Voldemort. They lived in Lydia's parents' home and for a while things were fine. They went to visit Lilly and James, Lupin, and Peter as much as possible. One day they went to see Lilly and James and tell them the good news that they had already shared with Lupin and Peter, and were greated with the same. Lydia and Lilly were both pregnant. Lydia was a few months ahead of Lilly and on the 19th of March, one of the most difficult days of Sirius's life came. His beautiful daughter, Hannah Elizabeth Black, was born, but his beloved wife lost her life in exchange.