‹ Prequel: Untitled

Hannah Black History

Lineage explanation, Father's story

So of course the readers know about Sirius Black. Now you know about his true love, Lydia. You know from Lydia's point of view, a rundown of their lives together. For the sake of time, I'm going to pick up with Sirius where we left off with Lydia.

After Lydia's death, Sirius was a wreck. James and Lilly suggested to Lupin that he stay with him. Lupin of course, had already thought of this. He visited Sirius as often as possible and every time he did so, he reminded him of how much his daughter would need him and how much his friends loved him. When Hannah was only a few days old, Sirius revealed to Lupin that it had been his and Lydia's wish that he would be Hannah's Godfather. Lupin accepted and continued to stay with his friend. During this time Peter would disappear for weeks at a time and appear unexpectedly.

Finally on July 31st, Lilly and James welcomed their new son Harry James Potter, into their lives. Lupin made Sirius leave his house for the first time since Hannah was born to see Harry. There Sirius regained some of his old self. He got to share all his proudest moments about Hannah's magical development, like when she made her bottle explode on him and then giggled in the most adorable way. That was when he realized that his life wasn't over because he lost Lydia. Hannah was his life now. She was everything to him. Lilly and James asked Sirius to be Harry's Godfather and he was thrilled to accept. From that day on Sirius and Lupin spent almost everyday visiting the Potters so that Hannah and Harry could play together.

Then the day came that Lilly and James had to go into hiding. Sirius, Peter, and Lupin alone knew where they were and could not visit very often. For a while everything was going alright. Certainly the entire group was always afraid that the Potters might be found or that one of the others would be tortured so that Voldemort could find them. However, they were all safe for the time being, and lived their day to day lives.

Unfortunately this didn't last. On the famous night that every witch and wizard knows about, Lupin was babysitting Hannah. Sirius had been very cryptic. All he told Lupin was that he had business to take care of. Suddenly Lupin got the news that Lilly and James had been killed by Voldemort and Harry had miraculously survived and was being taken to live with his muggle relatives. He realized he, Sirius, and Hannah would probably not be able to see him again. As soon as he had grasped that two of his dear friends were lost to him forever and their son who the entire group loved would probably never be seen again, he found out what business Sirius had gone to take care of.

He learned that Sirius had betrayed James and Lilly's location to Voldemort and when Peter had tried to stop him, he killed him. By the time Lupin found out, Sirius was already on his way to Azkaban.

In one night Lupin and Hannah lost all they had left save each other.
~*~*~

Sirius was carted away to Azkaban, knowing he was innocent. Knowing that the REAL betrayer of his friends was out there somewhere in the form of a rat, and his beloved daughter was in the care of a werewolf. Of course he had been all for Lupin being Hannah's Godfather, but he was sure that Hannah would be old enough to take care of herself by the time Lupin would have to act on his duties. He certainly never envisioned his 1 yr old daughter in the care of Lupin. Even as he thought all of these things, he was amazed that he still had the presence of mind to worry about them, seeing as he was about to be placed in a cell in Azkaban gaurded by dementors.

He spent his whole time in Azkaban plotting his escape. When he finally managed to escape, Hannah was 13. His first thought was that his sweet little girl would be at Hogwarts. Being on the run kept him from going to see her though. His first order of business was to find Peter, and once he did, he could prove his innocence and go find his little girl and his best friend.

Eventually his trail led him to Hogwarts where he would find Pettigrew, his daughter, his best friend, and his godson.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes i'm aware that i went into Lupin's story a bit, and jumped around some. i'm sorry :(