Status: Currently Active! <3

The Demons Within the Pages

Party Time

"Who wants cake?!" Two-Bit exclaimed excitedly, clapping his hands together and grinning like a maniac.

"Cake...?" I trailed off, my eyebrows pulling together in confusion. "It isn't anyone's birthday, is it?"

"Nope," Soda responded as he threw his arm around my shoulders. "BUT it's a celebration. And what celebration is complete without cake?"

"That's exactly what I like to hear," Two-Bit nodded with gusto. "To the kitchen!"

He led the group out of the room, hollering some kind of war cry.

Ponyboy wrapped his hand around mine, snickering. "Sorry," he whispered in my ear, "he's a little..." He stopped, biting his lip, trying to figure out the perfect word to finish his sentence.

I gave his hand a little squeeze, letting him know that I understood what he was trying to say. "He's hilarious," I breathed back. "So don't worry about it."

When we got to the kitchen, Two-Bit was already standing over the cake, a knife in his hand.

"No," Darry interrupted, reaching over and pulling the weapon out of the younger boy's hand, "there's no way I'm trusting you to cut the cake."

"Why not?" Two-Bit pouted. "I'm really good with a knife. Remember? Just last week, I cut that Soc to ribbons when he tried to jump me. Serves him right, thinking that he could take on THE TWO-BIT."

Dally stared at his friend, shaking his head. "You didn't cut him to ribbons, man. You gave him a cut on his hand. That's not the same thing."

"I didn't want to get blood all over my switchblade," he defended. "That thing was expensive."

"If we're talking about your black-handled switch," Dally spoke up matter-of-factly, "then it didn't cost you nothing. You lifted it from the store."

"Because it was so expensive!" Two-Bit concluded. "Alright, are we going to eat now? I want some cake. Right now."

Darry sighed and wedged his way between Sodapop and Johnny. "I'm cutting it now."

"Are you going to make a wish?" Sodapop questioned, widening his brown eyes at his brother.

Darry gave him a strange look. "Sodapop, this isn't a birthday!"

"I still think you should make a wish," Ponyboy voiced. "Why not?"

Darry let out a breath and closed his eyes, humoring his brothers. "I wish..." he started.

"NOPE." Two-Bit leaped into action and slapped a hand over Darry's mouth with enough force to send the both of them stumbling. "You're not supposed to say it out loud!"

Darry glared at Two-Bit. Then, he shoved the other boy off him and said, "Two-Bit, bring down your energy a little bit. And it doesn't matter if I say it. Because this isn't a birthday!"

"Still," Dally shrugged. "For tradition's sake."

Darry groaned, but did as was he was told. Once the first slice was cut, he turned and handed it to me with a smile. "And now we can finally eat in peace."

"WOOOO!" Two-Bit screeched, fist-pumping.

"Or maybe not?" I shrugged with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)