Status: COMPLETE!

Big Hearts Are for Breaking

Chapter Twenty : END

They were asleep when Madi and I left. They were asleep when I left the note in their suitcase. I didn’t get why I was stressed as I stood in my line to board the plane but I could feel the blood pumping to my heart as it beat wildly. I could feel it racing, beating hard with each passing second. I expected them to come bursting through the doors fighting over me. Cliché but true. I didn’t know what to expect anymore with this crazy ride I had been on for three weeks.

“You look nervous.” An old woman noted poking me in the shoulder.

I forced a smile “If you only knew the half of it.”

“Care to explain?” she asked.

“Long story.” I replied “Its not a long enough line.”

She laughed and I saw Madi wave behind her. Madi was stuck behind her about ten people. I laughed and waved back so happy that my friend was risking it all just so she could be there with me. Just so she could come home with me. Madi leaved with me and Molly and I knew the tension in the house when Molly got back would be thicker than blood or anything I could comprehend.

“I think we have a long enough line you’d be surprised how long it takes them.”

I laughed “Two men like me and I left them without a clue I’m here and they have no clue.” I bit my lip “I left them letters.”

She laughed loudly and obnoxiously “I’ve been there two men. it’s a confusing time sweetie.”

The old woman was good-looking. She wasn’t old where her face sunk and she looked like a old wretch she looked good. She had blue twinkling eyes and she wore nice clothes. She reminded me of my own grandmother who was only people who fully got me.

“I keep thinking they’re going to bust through the doors and just confuse me more.”

“And if they did?”

The woman served a point if they did what would I do? Would I cry and fall into David’s arms because I loved him all along or would I still be confused. If it was Bryce would I be sad because David didn’t care enough to come and get his woman so to speak. I exhaled and ran my hands through my black and red streaked hair.

“It depends who it was.” I replied “Its confusing one of them left me for my sister.”

I didn’t know why I was telling this woman all of it almost. I didn’t know why I was pouring my guts out to her. She seemed like she cared. Its weird how strangers have that effect, how they can seem so trust worthy.

“If it was the one who was there all along?”

“I would- wait how did you know that?”

“I’m an old old woman give me some credit.” she smiled widely “What would you do?”

“I’d be happy because I love him and I know he’d be there for me no matter what. I‘d fall into his arms and cry like a love sick puppy because I love him like one.”

“If it was the other?” she asked her voice sounding confident.

“I’d cry and fall into his arms like a sap.” I started to tear up.

I heard yelling from a far distance “Which one is it?” she asked.

She knew it was one. The hairs on my neck stood up and I took a step forward in line. I looked into the aisles where the food stands were and there he was running. There was David running full fledge forward. Security guards chasing after him. His eyes scanned the crowd and they stopped once they landed on me. My breath caught in my throat and I couldn’t seem to think.

The old woman laid her hand on my shoulder “Your second chance has come.”

“CLEA!” he yelled then ran forward.

I didn’t know what to do. I glanced back at Madi and she was standing there in shock. The security guards stopped as they saw him meet me. My eyes narrowed and I dropped my messenger bag on the ground even though it contained my laptop.

He reached me and doubled over to catch his breath “Please don’t leave.” he said his breathing ragged “I need you here.”

“What do you expect David? For me to just fall into your arms.” I sniffled and saw my vision was glassy “And say everything is okay we can make this okay?” my voice went down to a whisper “Say I understand you went with my whore sister, say that we can make this work.” I broke down and started to bawl.

He took me into his arms and wrapped me into them and let me cry on his Panic! At The Disco shirt the same one that we started this journey on. The same one that made me make one of my best designs yet. I felt his hands rubbing my back up and down and him whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

“Clea I love you.”

I broke away from his arms “Why now? Why not then? Why not when I needed it?” I wiped under my eyes.

“I was stupid I didn’t know what I was doing.” he replied his blue eyes boring into my gray “I just need you.”

“Just shut up David you had me from my name.”

I pressed his lips to mine and all around me I could hear the applause. I could hear everyone aweing and everyone happy. I could feel that everything was right in the world and everything seemed to fit. It started out as blind hate and went to like, it went to blind hate once more, and fell into love. Without David my mind went ragged and I didn’t know what to do. But with David everything seemed to fit and everything seemed right and that’s what I liked. But most of all that’s what I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
TA DA! Yeah my grammar sucked cause this is from forever ago, but for those of you who read this, I hope you like this.