Status: ;; finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You

001.

My eyes scanned the bare horizon; heat waves rippled around me as I pulled down my mask a bit to wipe the beading sweat from my forehead. The sun was horrific during this time of the day. I had no water, no food, no one. I lost all of that a long time ago.

I began to walk again, feeling my holster, which held my precious ray gun, beat against my leg. There was no point in stopping, no point to give up. I came this far and I needed to find them. They were my last hope; they were my friends' last hope. By they, I mean the Killjoys. And not just any Killjoys, because I'm sure there are more of us, I mean the Killjoys; the Fabulous Killjoys; the group everyone talked about back in Battery City.

They were the ones you saw on the posters that littered every block in that damned city. Korse and his zombies, that he called Draculoids, were after them and everyone that sided with the Killjoys. They were all about bringing down Korse's Better Living Industries, BL/nd for short. The Industry corrupted people's lives; they destroyed stuff that was perfect, in order to make it beautiful.

My portable radio crackled alive as I walked and Dr Death Defying's voice invaded my ears.

"Listen up! The aftermath is secondary since there's a certain Midnight Massacre headin' yo' way. So, motor babies, put the pedal to the metal and go find yourself in the middle of that Massacre. Here's a song to help you along;"

I smiled, knowing he sent out another signal to the Killjoys, but it wasn't working. That wasn't the first and it wouldn't be the last.

Dr Death Defying had been helping me throughout most of my trip. He thought I could help the Killjoys as much as they could help me. Of course, I argued on this, but he just told me to find them and gave me a portable radio. I'm guessing the Killjoys would check in with Dr Death from time to time because, after awhile, Dr Death Defying started to send out hints over the airwaves. But I haven't seen them and I don't think they have been searching. The Killjoys just didn't seem to listen or they didn't seem to care. This negligence led me to not trust them.

My mind was racing but my body couldn't hold out any longer. If I was anything, it was not weak! But I knew I had to take a rest. Just for a minute or so.

I dropped my torn backpack and collapsed into the sandy earth. I leaned against it and blew out a breath of exhaustion.

Dr Death Defying must of started to get fed up with the Killjoys' lack of response because the next thing I heard was, "Hang in there, motor baby. Show Pony is on the job!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys!
Before, I go on to say anything, I use to be known as MCRandJBchick1994!! So, don't get confused! :P
Anddddd! Here's Avarie, if you need something to help you picture her. Clicky Click!
I'm so excited to be back into the writing process. You don't know how excruciating it is to just sit back and do nothing.
So, this is my new story! Like it? Don't like it? Let me know because....
Killjoys, make some noise!!
:)