Status: ;; finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You

012.

My nails had been worn down to nothing as I chewed at them in apprehension. It had been several hours since the boys left and my nerves were wearing thin. Dr Death Defying had kept in contact with them until they reached the border of Battery City, then all communications were cut off and we still don't know why.

"They're okay, Midnight. They've done this before, they can do it again." Agent Cherri Cola tried to comfort me, but it failed.

I was pacing back and forth between the control board of Dr Death Defying's radio station. He was currently broadcasting a show but would send out little hints here and there to the guys, telling them they needed to contact him as soon as possible.

"This is all my fault," I muttered over and over again. "If it wasn't for fucking me they would be here, thinking rationally about what to do!" My muttering soon turned into shouting as my pacing quicken.

"No, it's not." Agent Cherri Cola tried to say again but I knew, the tone of her voice gave it away, that she couldn't argue with me on this. They all knew if I hadn't of pushed them, they would still be here.

I heard a car's engine come considerably close and my heart soared, hoping with everything that was inside of me that, that was the guys. I know it sounds mean, but when Show Pony came in through the door, tailed by three other Killjoys, my heart dropped to my knees and I glared at him.

He raised his hands and spoke, "Hey. Not my fault. They may need backup, so I went scouting."

I eyed the three masked people behind him. The first one on the left was covered head to toe in anything yellow, orange, and red, making her look like a giant flame. Her mask covered her whole face with two holes for her eyes and a hole for her mouth. Evidently, her mask was black and covered in angry flames.

"Hi!" she piped up, noticing me look at her. She brushed away a piece of her long light brown hair as her hazel eyes searched mine. "I'm Flame Thrower." I just smiled, ignoring her outstretched hand.

The one in the middle held a more hesitated look than her overly perky friend. Her mask covered the top half of her face and it was painted to look like a part of a skeleton. She wore mostly dark colors, gray and black, which wasn't very smart considering how the sun was out in the Zones, and her dark brown hair fell into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Violet Vengeance," she spoke softly. She didn't bother sticking her hand out like Flame Thrower had, which was a smart move.

"Did you say, violent?" I questioned, deciding to play around a bit. At least it was something to get my mind off of the impending doom of my best friends.

"No, violet. V-I-O-L-E-T." she said in a tone that accused me of being stupid. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Wow, how stupid is that? I would of gone for violent. That just makes you sound like a pansy." I snapped. Today wasn't my day.

"Want me to show you much of a 'pansy' I can be?" she threatened and moved closer, her hand itching towards her ray gun.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" The boy to her right said, holding up his hands and getting between the two girls. "No need for violence at a time like this. The Fabulous Killjoys need us, and we need to be ready." It was easy to tell he was gay, or at least very flamboyant, but I didn't mind.

"Dangerous Detonator, here and reporting for duty," he said with a white-toothed smile directed at me.

His bright blue eyes twinkled with excitement at being involved in something this major. He flicked his blonde hair back out of his face as he readjusted his plain blue mask that only covered his forehead and upper cheek bones. He was dressed normally, as if he was going out to a movie somewhere. Lose jeans, converse, an old Abercrombie & Fitch t-shirt (the company died out after Better Living took over), and a black leather jacket.

"Nice to have you on board," I spoke, slightly glaring at Violet Vengeance. We soon heard three distinct beeps and then Frank's voice come over the communications speaker.

"We need backup, quick. But do not, I repeat, do not let Midnight Massacre come. Too dangerous. Hurry." The sentences came out clipped and I grabbed for the handheld device that would let me reply back. I pushed the button and quickly spoke.

"Fun Ghoul? Fun Ghoul, come in. What's going on? Is everybody okay?" Panic seeped into my veins as we waited for a reply, but nothing came back.

"Fun Ghoul?! Fun Ghoul, come in!" I yelled, then received only static back.

"Alright," Show Pony said, clapping his hands together. "You heard what was said. Flame Thrower, Violet Vengeance, Dangerous Detonator, get out into the van. C'mon Agent Cherri Cola."

"No!" I shouted, moving to stand next to Show Pony. "I'm coming with you! I can fight just as good, if not better, than these three! No offense." I added to two out of three of them. Violet Vengeance caught on and muttered something under her breath.

"You heard Fun Ghoul, Midnight. He doesn't want you to come, don't be mad. He's only trying to protect you." Agent Cherri Cola sighed, pulling me into a side hug while Show Pony nodded. Quickly, Agent Cherri Cola bent down to my ear and whispered a short message.

"Your motorcycle is fixed." She slipped a pair of keys into my hand, then followed the gang out of the station, but turned back to me and shot me a wink. She had just given me the out that I needed. I smiled and raced towards the back as I heard the van start up. I knew if I didn't hurry, I wouldn't know my way to Battery City.

"This isn't a good idea, Midnight." I heard Dr Death saying.

"Yeah, but you're not stopping me." I said. I lifted my bike up onto his wheels and then continued to push it out front. I walked past Dr Death Defying as he let out a defeated sigh.

"At least keep this on you." he said, handing me a walky talky. I nodded, turning it on and placing it in my jacket pocket. "Remember, keep your boots tight, your gun close, and die with your mask on, if you have to."

I saluted him and then kick started my bike, racing out of the radio station to see the van several feet away. I quickly accelerated and caught up with it. I smiled as I saw Agent Cherri Cola's gloved hand come out of the passenger window and shoot me a thumbs up.

Better Living was going down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, Killjoys. Better Living hasn't tapped my computer system yet, so I'll keep updating to company you on your travels throughout the Zones. :)
And if this isn't enough for you, you should go check out some amazing Avenged Sevenfold (I hear that A7X is also against BLInd ;D) stories; Trashed And Scattered and Victims Of A Crime!
Until the next update, Killjoys.
Do it now and do it loud!
- Midnight Massacre