Status: ;; finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You

004.

We had been driving for about an hour when the van started to slow down a bit. The sun was just rising over the desert horizon and it looked really pretty, if I must say.

"This is roughly the meeting point but I don't see them at all." Show Pony murmured, his voice giving away to how tired he was. Agent Cherri Cola slowly awoke from her sleep and stretched.

"Let me take over the wheel for awhile, Show Pony. You need sleep." Agent Cherri Cola offered but Show Pony declined.

"I have to stay awake to make sure the Killjoys take Midnight here. It's the least I can do for Dr Death Defying." He drove on, searching for any sign of another life.

The Killjoys! That's who they were talking to when we got attacked by the Draculoids. Oh my, God! They were taking me directly to the Killjoys, themselves. I would meet them in several minutes and, hopefully, they could help me rescue my friends and, just maybe, my family. Yes, I still held a little bit of hope for them.

"There they are," Agent Cherri Cola said, pointing to some sort of black vehicle on the horizon. I bit my lip out of excitement and nervousness. I get to meet the Fabulous Killjoys in just a few seconds! I had to calm myself down and act professional or they would never take me seriously.

The van pulled up beside the black muscle car which had a white spider on its hood. It was the same spider that Show Pony had dangled outside of the passengers window when they found me. Again, there was a little hesitation from the other car but Show Pony stepped out, waving to them.

Soon enough, a guy with bright red hair and a yellow mask stepped out of the drivers seat and walked up to Show Pony. Agent Cherri Cola stepped out and told me to wait in the van while they discussed some things with them. I was irritated at this. I wasn't some fucking four year old who needed to be protected. I narrowed my eyes at the masked man who was talking to Show Pony and Agent Cherri Cola.

There were a lot of gestures and arguing going on but I couldn't pick out anything they were saying. Agent Cherri Cola waved towards the van multiple times as Carrot Top just shook his head. The passenger door to the car opened and out stepped a guy in a Frankenstein mask. Following him were two others, one in a helmet with this visor down that said 'Good Luck', and the other had a space helmet on. There was another person in the car but I couldn't really pick out who it was.

More talking ensued and I got impatient. I slid open the back door and jumped out, surprising everyone.

"What the fuck is on the go?" I cursed, completely angered that I was left out of this conversation and it was about me!

"Midnight, I told you to wait in the van." Agent Cherri Cola hissed. That pissed me off more.

"I'm not some fucking four year old that doesn't have a clue what's going on! You can't keep me sheltered when this is about me!" I basically yelled.

"Great. See what I'm talking about?! We don't need a brat on our team." Carrot Top spoke and I turned my angered glare on him.

"What did you just say?" I asked him, viciously. I know, I know. I should be nice to them, considering I had to depend on them to help me rescue my friends and family, but he was being a total jerk.

"I said, we don't need a brat on our team." he repeated more slowly.

"Listen, you would be lucky to have me on your team." I spit.

"Stop it!" Show Pony yelled, raising his palms towards the both of us. "Dr Death Defying didn't want it to go down like this. He is determined to have Midnight, here, on your team. So, you have to accept her."

"We don't have to do anything."

"Poison, come off it." Frankenstein spoke, eyeing me. "If Dr D thinks it's a good idea, then it's a good idea."

Poison? That was his Killjoy name? Really? How fucking original is that?

"Fine," Poison said reluctantly. "But there's no room in our car. How do you expect us to get her back to headquarters?" Poison smirked, thinking he had Show Pony and Agent Cherri Cola fooled with that one.

"Not so fast," Show Pony smiled and went around to the back of the van. I heard him open the van doors then grunt as he lifted something heavy from it. I knew immediately what it was and my eyes widened.

"No way." I exclaimed as he brought the red racing motorcycle to the front.

"Yes way." Agent Cherri Cola smiled. "We were gonna give it to you when we got to the beginning of Zone Six, but, y'know."

"This is amazing!" I said, beaming.

"Wait, hold on, here. Don't get too excited." Poison interrupted and my smile dropped. "For one, that's gonna cause a lot of Draculoid attention and, two, you expect us to trust her right away?! What if she's an undercover agent for Better Living?"

"Poison!" Show Pony spit. "Dr Death knows what he is doing. He would never send you an undercover agent. Against your disbelief, she has lost people, too. And she wants to rescue them."

Poison narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head. Frankenstein rolled his eyes and pushed him out of the way.

"Come on, Midnight. Don't worry about him, he's a jerk." I smiled and immediately took a complete liking to Frankenstein.

I looked to Agent Cherri Cola and Show Pony as they shot me both smiles.

"Don't worry, Midnight. You're in very safe hands, no matter what Poison says to you." Agent Cherri Cola beamed, giving me a hug.

"Sorry about there being no helmet but I'm pretty sure you've had worse." Show Pony said, also giving me a hug.

"Yeah, and thanks. For everything." I smiled, returning their hugs. Agent Cherri Cola went to the side of the van and got my backpack for me. She threw it at me and I caught it, slinging it across my back.

"Okay, okay. Enough of the goodbyes, already. Can we leave?" Poison started.

"Could you be more of an ass?" I mumbled under my breath. I knew he heard it because he shot me a glare that could kill a thousand Draculoids. I pretended not to notice it and turned on my bike as they climbed into the car. I revved the engine in anticipation. I was excited to be working with the Killjoys, no matter how much of an ass their leader was or how much I didn't trust them.

They started the car and turned around to face Zone Six. I smiled and quickly got my bike to move forward, chasing after them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is most crappiest chapter I have ever wrote.
If you honestly don't like it, I'll re-write it.
Just let me know, please. :)

-Midnight Massacre