Status: ;; finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You

006.

"Midnight Massacre!" I jumped when I heard Party Poison's voice. "Get the fuck out here."

I narrowed my eyes, not liking the authoritative role he seemed to have, but got up all the same. I made my way out of the back room which I had spent most of my three day stay in, not wanting to really interact with the rest of the gang. Of course, Fun Ghoul and Missile Kid checked on me periodically but I didn't acknowledge them.

I saw all five of them sitting in one booth, going over some kind of blueprints and devising a plan. One seat was open and that was next to Fun Ghoul. He noticed my hesitation and patted the seat next to me, beckoning for me to sit next to him. I shot him a small smile and then walked gingerly towards him.

"Okay, since everyone is here now," Party Poison said, shooting a meaningful glare towards me. I rolled my eyes but continued to listen. "Here's the blueprints of the main BLI building. This is where everything is made and shipped from. It also holds jail cells, experimentation rooms, the morgue, and, of course, the infamous surveillance room."

I watched as Party Poison pointed at all of these things, making sure all of us knew where they were. But I also knew that we wouldn't be hitting this building right away, no matter how excited I got over getting to those jail cells.

"Now, of course, we are not to go to this building first," Knew it. "Because they will be expecting it. So, we are to take down the small business; one by one."

Party Poison put away the blueprints for the major BLI building. Underneath, were several mini blueprints. "They're all either run by Draculoids, Scarecrows, or the zombies those pills have made our people become." he said bitterly. For the first time since I joined them, I was actually on the same page as him.

"Now, with Midnight on our side," Fun Ghoul said, giving me a smile. "We have just enough people to do this quickly and efficiently."

"We had enough to do that before." My smile dropped as Party Poison interrupted. I sighed then looked at him.

"When are you gonna quit being an asshole? I'm here to stay, get the fuck over it." I spat. He raised his eyebrows and gave me an amused smirk.

"Look here, Midnight actually has some backbone!" he sung, mocking me in every way possible. I narrowed my eyes, itching to grab my ray gun and just shoot his hand off, at least.

"Listen here, Poison," I spat out his name like it was dirt, ultimately annoying him, and making him rise up out of his seat to stare down at me. Two could play at that game. I stood up too, even though he had, at least, a head over me, I tried to look just a menacing.

"Whoa, guys, calm down." Both our heads shot over towards Missile Kid who kept glancing between Party Poison and I. She held a worried expression over her face, not wanting anyone to get hurt. "None of us should be fighting at a time like this. We should be working together! We're all fighting on the same side. Please!"

There was a moment of silence and then Kobra Kid, who I found out was Party Poison's brother, spoke up. "I actually agree with her on this one. C'mon, bro, let it go."

I turned back to Party Poison with a smirk on my face. "But that doesn't give you the right to be cynical about it either, Midnight." Jet Star spoke. My smirk faded but Fun Ghoul stood up next to me.

"And why can't she? Party Poison has been givin' her shit ever since she got here!" I smiled inwardly at Fun Ghoul sticking up for me but that feeling soon vanished when Jet Star risen too.

"Party Poison has a right to be fucking nasty towards her, she's making everything much more complicated." he said, sneering at me alongside of Fun Ghoul.

"No, no one deserves to be treated that way! And she is not complicating anything!" Fun Ghoul spat.

"Stop!" Missile Kid yelled, dragging out the word. We all turned to look at her as she stood up. "This is not at all what I meant! If we don't learn to work with one another and accept new members," She looked at Party Poison then continued. "We are all gonna die!"

We all silently sat back down and stared at each other. None of us wanted to admit it, but Missile Kid was right.

"And to start this new leap of trust, I think we should all introduce ourselves. Properly." She eyed Party Poison and then he burst again. This time, stepping out of the booth.

"What the fuck, Missile Kid?!"

"Dude!" Kobra Kid shouted next. "Don't curse at the Kid!"

"I don't give a fuck, Kobra! She wants us to reveal our true identity to Midnight." he snapped, then turned back to Missile Kid. "What the hell are you thinking?! We've only known her for four days!"

"Dr Death Defying sent her here, Poison. We can trust her." she spat back. I licked my lips, not liking where this was going. I actually understood where Party Poison was coming from. I honestly did not want to reveal my identity to them. At least, not yet.

"Goddamn it!" Party Poison swore, slamming his fists against the table. Okay, at this point, I got honestly and truly scared. I had never seen him this angry and I was afraid of what he was going to do.

Fun Ghoul must of noticed this because he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. "He won't touch you, I promise." I nodded my head, feeling comfort in his arms. It felt so familiar. The only time I ever felt like this was when my best friend held me, a long time ago.

"Midnight," I looked over towards Missile as she held out her hand. "My name is Grace Collins." I shook her hand and looked at a very pissed off Party Poison.

I saw Kobra Kid sigh and lift off his helmet. I was shocked at what I saw. His long blonde bang fell into his light brown eyes as his thin lips formed into a smile. His long nose scrunched up as he rubbed his hands down his long face. That face belonged to none other than,

"Mikey. Mikey Way." he said, holding out his hand. I didn't respond but just stared at him in shock.

"Midnight?" Fun Ghoul asked beside me. I slowly moved out of the booth as Jet Star took off his helmet too. A huge mop of unruly auburn curls bounced around his face as his brown eyes squinted slightly in result to his full lips stretching into a tight smile.

"Ray," I whispered before he could tell me his name. He shot me a confused look.

"How the hell do you know my name?" he asked and I shook my head.

I couldn't believe my eyes. My old friends were there, staring me right in the face. They weren't trapped in some jail cell guarded my random Draculoids. They were here, with me. How come I didn't recognize them before?! It just didn't dawn on me that they had managed to escape the clutches of Korse, just like I had.

"Frankie?" I asked, turning towards Fun Ghoul. I noticed how short he was and I just.. I just knew. Something inside me just had to find out if I was right or not. My eyes searched his confused ones as he stood up and pulled off the Frankenstein mask, revealing those long locks of dark hair I loved so much. His greenish-hazel eyes searched mine as I broke out into a smile of my own.

I threw myself into his arms, tears welling up in my eyes. He caught me as I breathed in his scent. A mix of cigarettes and.. just.. him. I let out some shaky breaths as I pulled away.

"I can't believe it's you!" I exclaimed and he just stared at me, still in shock that I basically jumped on him.

I then turned towards Party Poison, who I then knew as Gerard, and smiled. I couldn't stay mad at him, no matter if he knew me or not. He was the one who helped me through all of my problems, who was my solid wall if I ever needed something to lean on. Him and Frank were my best friends while Bob, Mikey, and Ray were just close friends.

"Gerard!" I squealed, giving him a hug also. He didn't hug back but I understood and quickly backed away.

"Who the fuck are you?" he snarled out. I wasn't hurt. Nothing could effect my mood as of now.

I smiled at all of them and slowly moved my hands up to my face. I was just sliding my mask off of my face when lights caught our attention outside. Everyone immediately had their mask back on except for me and Party- uh, I mean, Gerard.

"Looks like we have some visitors." Gerard spoke, pulling out his ray gun. "Midnight, get your motorcycle ready and put it by the door, in case we have to make a run for it."

I nodded and went into action, rounding the corner of the counter and pulling the heavy machine off of it. With some difficulty, I got it standing and then started to push it but Frank was immediately by my side.

"Let me take that for you." he said, replacing my hands with his and easily pushed it beside the door. I gave him a smile of thanks and went into the backroom to grab my backpack. It held my most prized possessions and I couldn't just leave it behind.

"Missile Kid," Gerard spoke but was cut off by Grace, herself.

"Call me Grace, now. The cat's out of the bag." I saw Gerard roll his eyes then told her to get the stuff ready. She nodded and went straight to work.

In no time at all were standing by the door with our weapons drawn. We waited for Gerard's signal to move outside to see what the commotion was about when another flash went off.

"Let's do this." he whispered, motioning us forward. "Keep Grace behind you, Midnight." I nodded, looking back at Grace as she gave me a reassuring nod of her own.

We slowly walked out the door, our ray guns held high, as we searched the area. We couldn't see very well through the smoke that the bright flashes had created, but there was a vehicle type thing a few feet away. A few people stood beside it and my mind instantly recognized this as trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyy guys!
Well, I have a grand total of... TEN comments. -.-'
Even though I appreciate every one of them, I would still like a whole lot more.
Thanks to everyone who commented; I love you all!
:)
-Midnight Massacre