Raining Droplets.

Hopeless.

This feeling of emptiness and hopelessness within the building was something I had always hated with a passion.

The hallways and the rooms were never empty or still, but it always felt like. It did every time I was here by how quiet it always seemed to be and how everyone shuffled past me without a glance, as if they were to afraid they could upset me more or see my heartache.

Here it always felt like you were alone, which made you feel more useless than what you actually are. You wanted to do something, wanted to makes things better, wanted to keep hope even when you had it; but you never could. It was always out of your hands here – And that’s what I hated.

Hearing the hi-pitched buzzing sound ring throughout the house never failed making my heart stop cold. I had my fingers mentally crossed hoping that today nothing would happen and for once I could have a nice peaceful day. But no; with that sound ringing in my ears I knew now that we won’t.

Without wasting time I shoved the computer chair back, leaping out of it as I dashing out my room and towards the kitchen. Right away I saw that no one was here. I spun on my heels so fast that I had to grab the table top so I wouldn’t land on my face and ran into the lounge room.

As I spotted my Uncles shaking form on the floor, panic started spreading throughout my body making me shake slightly. I shook my head shoving it away the best I could and moved to his side before falling on my knees just above his head.

His eyes stared unfocused towards whatever ways his head happened to turn, his mouth hanged lose as the most oddest sounds I ever heard a person make left his throat. The sounds always sounded like he was calling out to me for help, because like this he couldn’t form words to do so.

I want so much to help him when he’s like this, but there is never much I can do.

It always hurt me so much to see him like this. It is so hard to see my Uncle, my career, my best friend and the person that I looked up to, lying on the floor like this shaking and fling his limbs around while trying to call out for someone to stop the pain he was in. I always wish I could take it all away for him...but I can’t.

With my heart hammering, I took a deep breath attempting to calm myself and quickly placed my hands either side of his head, holding it still as the convulsions shook throughout his form. Like I was taught, I waited until he somewhat curled into himself lifting his head slightly off the ground and slid forwards quickly so my lap was under his head for support.

Just a second later his head slammed back down in my lap as his back arched. I moved my hands to get a firmer grip on his head, but in a way so I wasn’t hurting him. I looked away from his eyes; because that was the thing I could not bear looking at during these times. As I waited for the worst to be over, I blocked out the loud buzzing sound that came from the necklace on his neck that his hand was wrapped tightly around.

To me it was the worst possible sound in the whole world, but also one that I was the most thankful for.

After two minutes the shaking slowed down until he was just shivering with the odd shudder. I lifted one hand slowly off his head and pulled my mobile out of my pocket. I hit the ‘0’ three times and hit call, placing the phone up to my ear as my other hand started running through my uncles hair so he knew that he wasn’t alone and that I was there with him.

As the dial tone came through the speaker I watched as his eyes fluttered closed.

“Hello you called triple zero, what is your emergency?”
“Hi, I live at 12 Peel Terrace, Busselton; my uncle is epileptic and just had a seizure.”


That sentence always breaks my heart a little more each time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So new story. :)
What do you think? Keep or kill?

In case you somehow haven't noticed yet, it's an original slash, though really it can be read girlxboy I guess. If you don't like reading that sort of stuff, then simply don't :]
Also I have to point out a couple of things; I'm Australian and this is based in Australia, so if you don't get somethng or don't know what something is just ask I'll happily answer!

Comment and Subscribe? :D