Raining Droplets.

Weightless.

Lying on the floor in the middle of the lounge room, without even a pillow, I stared up at ceiling almost blankly. I wasn’t really thinking of much but at the same time that was all I was doing apart from tracing my gaze around the decoration thingy on the ceiling around the light.

The TV was on but I wasn’t listening to it or to what Kellen was mumbling about to himself while writing in his notebook. I’m pretty sure he was writing out the food list, but I’m not really sure. I simply wasn’t paying attention at all; I just hope he hasn’t asked me anything. I kind of hope he is doing the shopping list at least though, I don’t think we have that much food left in the house.

Brayden at the moment wasn’t here; he went to see his parents about something again. He’d be going over there a lot over the last week, which really, is fair enough as he spends most his time here away from them...but at the same time he’s been doing it a lot since I had that nightmare and I don’t know why.

He hasn’t given me a straight answer, but maybe there isn’t one and I’m over thinking it. I dunno. There better not be anything wrong with his parent’s health wise, he wouldn’t be able to handle anymore of that. Neither would I actually, what we have now is enough.

He probably just misses being with his parents...I haven’t heard from mine for I-don’t-know-how-long. I don’t think or speak of my parents very much; Kellen is pretty much my parent, best friend and older brother ever since I could walk really. He raised me a lot.

My parents weren’t ready for a kid and had me pretty young; they never planned on it or really ever wanted a child for some reason - but they never just threw me away either, not even when I was born.

We somewhat keep contact now, though for the last year it was hard because they have been travelling around the world – living in one country for a couple of months, then moving to another. They both never failed in at least sending me a birthday or Christmas card every year, or even a present. Sometimes they even send me and Kellen postcards updating us on their wonderful trip.

They still love me and care for me even though they were never around really anymore, but that was saying a lot compared to what other people have family wise. It didn’t bother me that they didn’t raise me as much as they could have, I have my uncle and I’m happy enough with that. Though right now I was looking after Kellen as much as he looks after me. If his sister and her husband knew what he is going through right now, I wouldn’t have a clue.

In my eyes I had the perfect family I ever wanted and honestly I don’t care what other people have to think about that. I’m happy, we’re happy - that’s all that matters.

At least we will be fully happy again if Kellen gets better. I fucking hope so.

Sighing I closed my eyes and shoved as much thought to the back of my head as possible. Brayden keeps telling me that I should take time out and relax or do something fun so I wouldn’t be a ticking time bomb of stress. Right now I didn’t want to do anything or even move from where I was. The floor wasn’t comfortable but it wasn’t the worst. I used to do this all the time as a kid and imagine that I was either floating or flying around the room.

I used to lay there, close my eyes and starting from my head relaxing everything; shoulders, arms, back, stomach, legs and slowly down to my toes until I felt either peaceful or weightless. Then I would imagine that I was floating, just hovering over what I was lying on completely weightless. If I really wanted to fly then I would imagine that next – if I wanted to go all out I would imagine that I was flying in some world I made up or over the house.

Right now I just wanted to float here over the carpet in the lounge room and that was what I really felt like I was doing right now. I felt relax –as much as I could on the hard floor- and almost weightless. It could almost feel my hair floating around my head.

Why didn’t I try this sooner? It’s almost just as good as Brayden massages. I forgot how fun this was honestly.

“Brayden just text me-“

My body came crashing to the ground suddenly enough to make me yelp and snap my eyes open. I bolted upright and placed my hand over my chest where my heart was beating like mad.

Now I fucking remember why I stopped doing that, because I could never be alone for long enough without someone scaring the shit out of me. Kellen’s laughing echoes around the room and I snapped my head to the side looking at him. I glared and for a split second thought about throwing my shoe at his head.

“Sorry were you sleeping?” Kellen chuckled half muffled from the hand covering his mouth.
“No I was floating. A warning next time would be nice.” I muttered.

I grunted annoyed and lied back down on the floor crossing my arms over my chest.

“What do you mean by floating?” He asked confused.
“I was imagining that I was floating where I am on the floor – just like when I was little. Now what were you saying that scared the fuck out of me?” I snapped.

I hated when someone scared me like that, before it didn’t bother me so much but ever since Kellen first had a seizure scaring me half to death that time and every time after that, I just hated it. It was the one thing that ticked me off the most accident or not. Brayden normally made it better by kissing me though.

“Brayden text me saying he would be back over later, his mum is making us lunch. Once it’s ready he’ll be over.” Kellen smiled. “I hope it’s her zucchini slice.”
“Yeah.” I sighed.

If my heart wasn’t pumping in my chest like a freight train then I would be over the moon knowing Brayden would be here soon. Why did Kellen have to scare me like that? Couldn’t he tap something first...or something like that? My heart feels like it’s going to explode.

“Chance, are you alright?”
“Yeah, I’m fine.”

I shook my head and slowly uncrossed my arms from my chest. I knew there was a frown on my face but I didn’t do anything to remove it. One of the pillows from the couch suddenly hit my chest and tumbled off of me. I glared at Kellen from the corner of my eye. He frowned slightly.

A twinge of gilt stabbed at my stomach and I sighed. I reached for the pillow and threw it back blindly. I couldn’t help but smile just slightly as it grazed across the top his head.

For the next at least fifteen minutes that’s all we did – throw the pillow back and forth. I got him in the head twice and he missed me every time. I smiled softly when he said he had enough and used the pillow for my head. He started going through the channels and I looked at the ceiling again slowly letting my eyes flutter shut.

Suddenly I head the front door opening and not even a second later I could smell food. I smiled not moving.

“Hello!” Brayden chirped.

I heard footsteps going out of the room and rustling in the kitchen – I still didn’t move. Call me lazy but I just didn’t want to move yet.

“Hun, why are you lying on the ground?”
“I’m floating.” I smiled not opening my eyes.

I probably sounded crazy saying that. I suddenly felt Brayden breath hitting my right cheek and his fingers slide up my neck to my other cheek.

“I want to float too.” He whispered in my ear.

My eyebrows knotted on confusion, but before I could ask – his lips pressed down on mine gently. I added pressure back but kept it light while smiling against his lips. He was right; this was just like floating too. I felt almost just as weightless as I was before Kellen scared the crap out of me. Kissing Brayden always felt like this though, I just never payed much attention to it.

He smiled against my lips before moving away. My eyes fluttered open meeting his bright blue ones. He beamed at me and reached for my hand.

“Came and have lunch.”
“But I don’t want to move.” I pouted.
“You need to eat something; I bet you didn’t have breakfast.” He stated, how did he know? “And I have something important to tell you!” He exclaimed grinning.

Well if he was smiling than it had to be a good thing right? Was he going back to work with his dad or something? He tugged on my hand making those damn puppy dog eyes. I sighed and slowly sat up. He helped me to my feet.

I felt dizzy for a moment but I know that was from lying on the hard floor for so long. I’m surprised my back didn’t crack loudly while sitting up. Brayden led me into the kitchen where Kellen was already setting out everyone’s food. I kept my eyes away from the knife in his hand because if I didn’t I would mostly likely freak out and take it off of him.

I sat down with Brayden besides me, all but sitting on my lap and noticed we had zucchini slice. Kellen already had a chuck of it shoved into his mouth.

“Can I tell him now Kellen?” Brayden asked bouncing in his chair a little.
“Is it all good with your parents?” Kellen muffled around the food in his mouth.

He nodded grinning brightly making my uncle smile. I looked between the both of them confused. What’s all good with his parents? If it’s some set up where they look after Kellen so I can go back to work for Brayden’s dad then it’s not happening. They suggested that once but I said no. I’m not leaving Kellen, unless we did have money problems which currently we don’t.

“Well actually I have to ask you,” Brayden said looking at me. “Not tell you, but whatever.”
“What?” I asked confused. “It better not-“
“Can I move in?”

I looked at him in shock. He wanted to move in? Actually live in this house with me and Kellen?

“That why I have been seeing my parents lately a lot, making sure everything was ok with them as it was with Kellen, and figuring out what stuff of mine I needed and what I already had here...” He trailed off bitting his lip.
“Like seriously...move in? Not half at both houses?” I blinked still surprised.
“Fully here, stealing your bed and annoying you until you scream.” He chuckled.

A huge smile pulled at my lips and I leaped at him almost making him fall off the kitchen chair. He laughed wrapping his arms back around me so we were holding each other almost in a death grip. I beamed and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Yes, of course! Steal my bed and annoy the fuck out of me all you want!” I exclaimed rocking him slightly.

He laughed and held me tighter if that was possible. I’ve been wanting for a while to ask him if he wanted to move here fully. I was actually going to ask around the same time as Kellen started having the fits, so when that happened I shoved it back to my mind and didn’t worry about it. But now he is going to move in!

I felt like jumping up and down in joy and I haven’t felt like doing that for ages now. He is fucking moving in! I didn’t have to wonder when he was going to be here, when he wasn’t going to be here or if I was going to wake up with him next to me anymore.

It has to be the best thing to happen in months.

I pulled back grinning and quickly kissed him moving my lips against his in a long kiss. I heard Kellen whistling and pulled away breathing heavily. Brayden’s breathing was no better than mine.

“So do I get a hug because I’m the one that set this all up and asked Brayden if he want to move in, in the first place?” Kellen pointed out with almost pleading eyes and already holding his arms out.

Me and Brayden ran around the table and squeezed him in a group hug. Kellen choked out a laugh.

“Thank you.” I whispered into his ear.

He squeezed around my waist slightly before allowing me to pull back. Still smiling widely I moved back to my chair and took a hold of my Brayden’s hand just as he sat down. He beamed at me.

Finally something good happened and something to really smile about.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter turned out really good, it was easy to write and I had no problems with it :) I hope you like it as much as what I do.
Thanks to All Time Low for the chapter title xD I was going to call it something else but when I was writing the 'flying part' Weightless started playing, it fitted great so I went with that. :)
Has anyone tried that imaginary flying thing before? I used to do it all the time as a kid, you wouldn't think it would be so fun unless you have a great imagination.

Comment and Subscribe maybe? :)