Raining Droplets.

Sorry.

“Have you had something to eat today?” Brayden asked as he stopped the car at the red light.

He looked over at me with his head tilted cutely to the side, something that he did often when asking me something he wanted an answer to. I sighed lightly looking away out the car window before shaking my head. I could almost feel him frown sadly at me.

“Starving yourself isn’t going to do you any good Chance.” He said softly.
“I know.” I muttered sliding down in my seat. “I’m sorry.”

Brayden spends so much time looking out for me ever since Kellen had his first seizure around three months ago, that when I do something like forgetting about eating or anything else for myself; I feel horrible. I’ve gotten to the point that when I say ‘I’m sorry’ I don’t know if it’s to him or myself anymore.

The once red light turned green Brayden started driving again without saying anything, which made me feel worse. Suddenly the car turned left heading down the street lined with shops, instead of going straight to get back to my house. Sitting up in my seat again I looked at Brayden confused. I saw him quickly glance at me from the corner of his eyes before looking back at the road.

Once we reached the small round-about he turned left heading up that street, and then turned left again heading back towards the street that we were on waiting for the lights to change. Once we were at that street again instead of turning left again to head back to the lights; he turned right.

“Where are we going?” I asked.
“Somewhere, just relax hun.”

I wanted to groan out loud with annoyance for not telling me where we are going, but I didn’t. For Brayden to turn the car around like that we must be going somewhere. I know him way to well to know he wouldn’t do this for a crap reason. Honestly I just wanted to go home after today, but I guess if he wants to go somewhere I won’t stop him.

At the next set of lights he turned left around the pub on the corner, then a sudden right...to come to a stop at KFC. I looked at him raising an eyebrow after he turned the car off. He grinned shrugging.

“I was going to buy all of us dinner tonight and do a surprise visit at your place. I figured I could salvage some of my plan still.” He chuckled opening his car door. “Now come on, I want you to eat something.”

Without arguing – not that I was going to because I would lose anyway- I quickly exited the car and slammed the door shut behind me. As I moved to the back of the car Brayden grabbed my hand and dragged me into the fast food shop. I was never one for having much fast food, so I was never fussy when I did get some; usually when I was dragged there by my kid-at-heart boyfriend.

“So whatcha want? I’ll pay.” He smiled bouncing lightly where he stood.
“No, I can...” I trailed off searching for my wallet, which I then realised I didn’t have. “Ok, you can pay this time.”

Brayden laughed and nudged my hip with his. Something told me even if I did have my wallet, he would still have found a way of paying. Hell, the boy had me wrapped around his finger, he could make me do whatever he pleased...but he never has, even after all these years unless it was for my own good, like right now.

Bitting back a sudden yawn I moved my eyes across the food boards.

“I’ll just have a snack box with popcorn chicken.” I shrugged. “And a large chips with a Pepsi.”
“Do you want any cheese cake or anything like that?”
“No, that will do me.”

He nodded looking up at the food boards. After a few minutes it was our turn to be served. Pulling me soft forwards, Brayden gave the bored looking man a friendly smile. The guy lit up a little and half smiled back, well he did until he saw our linked hands then his expression went right back to bored but I could see the slight disgust in his eyes.

“What would you like?” He sighed almost as if we were annoying him.

I don’t know if Brayden noticed what I did or if he ignored it, but he kindly told the guy our order and payed. The guy handed back the change being very careful not to touch his hand. I have one word for people like this: assholes. I don’t care too much if he hates us being together, but if he hates one of us for it then it pisses me off. If the person just happens to hate or be disrespectful to Brayden, then well, I’d gladly rip them a new one.

As the guy put together our meals I watched him carefully without him noticing to make sure he wasn’t going to do anything stupid to our food. He didn’t, which was lucky for him but he did mutter something to a girl who was another worker. She nodded agreeing but when she turned away she rolled her eyes and flashed us a cheerful smile.

Seems like it’s not only me us? that isn’t fond of this bloke.

When the guy turned around to give us our food, I let Brayden’s hand go and took the bags he handed out; making sure at least a small part of my hand touched his, which made him rip it away. I wanted to laugh or say something to him but I wasn’t in the mood for some sort of fight right now. But a small chuckle still left my lips before I turned to Brayden.

“Can you get the door for me babe?” I asked kindly.

Brayden nodded and opened the door for me grinning. I stepped out and turned to make it look like I was looking back at Brayden, but I moved my eyes to the guy at the counter. He looked almost completely disgusted holding his hand close to his body. I turned back around again to hide my smile.

Well that made my night a slight better; maybe I should have kissed Brayden in front of him just to top it off?

Holding back my laughter, then another yawn, we got back into the car. Brayden quickly turned it on and backed out of the parking spot.

“Maybe we should have kissed in front of him; it would have been funny if he threw up on the counter with his boss being there and all.” Brayden chuckled.

I could help but burst out laughing then with him. So he did notice after all.

“Yeah we should have.” I chuckled.

Brayden smiled nodding. After a moment we got back to the lights we were waiting at before and this time went straight though to get home. I turned my head and looked out the window at the lit up houses that went past. It didn’t take every long to get to my house and out of the car.

Looking at the house I sighed, all happiness from freaking that bloke out all but completely gone as I remember again what happened today. At least this time I didn’t have a mess or blood to clean up I suppose...

Sighing again I followed Brayden to the door as he unlocked it with the key Kellen had given him, as he pretty much lived here anyway. I’m sure he has more of his things here than at his parent place.

As we entered, he flicked on the lounge room and kitchen lights so we could actually see where we were going and not fall over. We ended up in the kitchen and I placed the bags down on the table. I opened one of the two bags and started pulling boxes out; trying to figure out what food was for whom.

“Hey Chance?”
“Hmmm?”
“Turn around for a moment.”

Doing as he asked I turned to face him and was slightly taken off guard by how close we already were. He chuckled lightly and took another step closer we were nose to nose, chest to chest and eye to eye seeing as we were pretty much the same height. Beaming he lent forward placing his lips ever so softly against mine.

There was no way I could not smile at that as the spark they flew down my spine. I brought my hands up and placed them on his shoulders to bring him more closer for more pressure on our lips. Right now we didn’t need anything other than this simple lip to lip contact, because something as simple as this lit up my world, almost made everything better and made all the stress disappear for a few minutes. Which I hope it did all that for him as well.

Slowly he pulled away and I let my eyes flutter back open with a soft smile pulling at my lips. He smiled and kissed my forehead quickly before taking a step back.

“I’m happy now, let’s eat!”

I chuckled, grabbed my food and followed him into the living room. He sat down on the couch and I placed myself happily next to him.

As my eyes trailed to the area of uncles Kellen’s latest episode was, I shuffled closer to Brayden. He smiled softly, curled up into my side a little as he opened his food and linked his arm with mine.

Being back home I didn’t feel that hungry again but like Brayden said: I had to eat. Plus if it made him happy at the same time, then it was worth it. Wasn’t it?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I hope you like it (:
Nothing much to say actually xD
Incase I don't happen to update again very soon, have a good christmas and new years! :D

comment and subscribe? maybe? :)