Raining Droplets.

Worry.

“Have you got your hygiene stuff?”
“Yep.”
“Something to actually keep you entertained this time?”
“Yeah.”
“Those stupid fucking pills that don’t work?”
“Yes, Chance I have everything, calm down yeah?”

I sighed and looked out the windscreen of the car as Kellen chuckle lightly. I scrolled at the building in front of me and stubbornly cross my arms over my chest. I wanted to bite back asking ‘how the fuck can I be calm?!’ but that wouldn’t help anything. Today was a bad enough day for me so far with the lack of sleep I got last night.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll be at the hospital and will be watched the whole time until you come and pick me up tomorrow.” Kellen sighed. “It’s just more tests.”
“Yeah more tests that won’t give us any answers.” I muttered.

Which was blunt but true. All the other tests the doctors made him do showed up nothing at all that helped. All I want - we want is some answers and a way to manage this. I would drop everything I have to be Kellen’s carer but I can’t be there all the time and unless they at least find some medication to manage this, then he will have to be with someone all day every day.

Three months of tests, doctor visits, hospital trips and it just seems like there is nothing to show for it. I don’t know about Kellen or even Brayden but it made me feel more hopeless about all this. It just added more stress onto the pile already sitting on my shoulders.

From besides me I heard Kellen move in his seat before I felt his hand resting on my arm.

“Try and keep your chin up, who knows they might actually find something this time.” He said lightly. “It doesn’t hurt to keep hoping, even if they don’t fine something they might change my meds to find something that does work.”
“They better.” I sighed looking back over at him.
“They will...eventually.” He shrugged.

He patted my arm lightly and reached over to the backseat to grab his bag. As he pushed his door open he quickly kissed my cheek and slid out of the car.

“They’ll call you when I’m ready to be picked up.” He smiled bending down to look into the car at me.
“Yeah, I know.” I half smiled.
“Before I go can you do me a favour?” He asked which somewhat surprised me.
“Uh, sure I guess.” I mumbled confused.
“Take the time to relax. I’ll be in here, being watched and the results won’t be back for a couple of weeks. So at least for the night, relax ok?”

I blinked at him surprised but nodded dumbly anyway. For the last three months he’s never said anything like that, I knew he wanted to but never did...because in a way, how can I?

It was almost impossible to. The only thing I didn’t have to worry about was money to pay for all of this because his parents – my grandparents- were pretty rich and made a trust fund for him, which he never has touched until now. I swear if it wasn’t for that I would be the one in hospital right now with me doing the tests.

“You’ll have Brayden over most likely; have a movie night or something.” He suggested around a smile.
“Yeah I guess.” I said softly shrugging. “We could rent movies for the night...”

Kellen smiled standing up before sliding his bag over his shoulder.

“Well I better go I don’t want to be late like last time.” He sighed before smiling again. “See you bro.”
“See ya cuz.” I smiled at the old inside joke nickname.

He laughed lightly while shutting the car door. He waved and walked towards the building doors as I waved back. I didn’t make a move, start the car or even take my eyes off of him until he got to the front desk of the hospital that I could just see from inside of the car.

Sighing I shook my head and started which was actually his car before getting out of there as quickly as I could without hooning or speeding.

I hate that place. For me it was the worst place in the world, though like that alarm necklace of Kellen’s I was grateful for it.

It took me around fifteen minutes to get home, which for this time of day was pretty good considering it’s lunch time madness as I liked to call it. Busselton wasn’t even a city yet but at these times of the day it made me wonder.

After I turned the engine off I shoved the car door open, and then slammed it hard when I got out. Scowling to myself I walked towards the gate that lead around to the back of the house and ran my fingers through my hair. As I got to the gate I reached over it, undone the latch and headed down the side of the house being careful not to get scratched by one of the trees that was in desperate need of pruning.

Letting out a deep breath I came to the backyard and walked under the patio where the old hammock was. If I was going to relax at all like Kellen told me suggested to do then there was no way I was stepping foot into the house until Brayden gets here, whenever that may be. Knowing him it can be any second from now.

But to not worry was hard even with Kellen in hospital. What if during the tests he had another fit? What if he really hurt himself and cracked the back of his head open once again? What if it was a really bad one? What if he wanted me there?

The worst thing was the fact I wasn’t there, I couldn’t be there during the tests and Kellen stated this morning that I should stay home until I have to pick him up. Way easy said than done.

Carefully I opened the old hammock afraid of some type of huge spider that could be in it waiting to jump at my hand bitting it, but once I check it all out I surprisingly found nothing.

I laid down in it and pulled my MP3 from my skinnies pocket, before untangling the headphone cords. How they always get tangled no matter how neat you keep them always gives me a headache. Sighing I shoved the headphones in and hit the power button. Music always helped me relax...well most of the time.

Suddenly for the first time today I felt like laughing when the first song started playing which was ‘Snakeskin’ by Gyroscope. One of Brayden’s latest most played songs.

Brayden must have messed with my MP3 yet again and added songs he likes to it. I never mind that he does, it always made me smile because it reminded me of him. Plus some of the music he did like was actually good, though he has always had a good taste in music ranging from anything like acoustic to post hardcore. We’ve always listened to a wide range.

With a soft smile still on my face I shifted a little and turned up the music to the point that it would block everything out, even thoughts that right now I really don’t want.

+.+.+

I swear I was almost asleep when I heard someone call my name over the music. It was quiet so I thought I was hearing things, until I heard it again. Sighing I pulled the headphones from my ears and looked around the backyard. Other than me it was empty which made me confused.

“Chance!” I heard Brayden shrieked with worry.

My eyes widen and I sat up quickly, almost tumbling out of the hammock. Did something happen? Is he alright? Is Kellen alright?

“Brayden!” I called.

Before I had the chance of getting out of the hammock the back door flew open and Brayden rushed out. He looked around for me everywhere before he finally found me sitting where I was. I watched confused and worried as he let out a deep breath and walked over to me.

He came to a stop in front of me and placed his hands on his hips.

“Don’t you know what a phone is anymore?” He sighed almost annoyed. “I tried ringing your mobile about ten times and the house phone, you had me worried sick! I thought something happened to Kellen or you because you always manage to answer or call right back.”

I looked at him in shock and all but jumped out of the hammock. I patted down my jeans pockets for my mobile, but stopped when Brayden held it out in front of me. I looked back at him and blinked. How...?

“It was on the kitchen table. I found it when I was looking for you.”

I blinked again before looking up at his eyes.

“Shit, I’m so sorry. I must have left it home when I took Kellen to the hospital.” I mumbled bitting down on my lip.

He sighed but then smiled softly at me handing me my phone.

“It’s alright, I know you forget it sometimes but I just thought something happened when you didn’t answer the house phone and you were nowhere to be found when I first got here.”
“I was out here listening to music.” I said softly.

I felt a sharp twinge of guilt in my stomach for making him so worried. I try not to because of the fact we have enough to worry about, but still it made me feel bad.

“Sorry...”
“It’s alright.” He sighed. “Nothing happen, I guess I just got a little worked up that’s all.”
“No you didn’t, I should-“
“I did, end of story.” He cut me off smiling.

I couldn’t help but smile back slightly, his smile was always contagious. He took a step forward and quickly pecked my lips, which I happily returned.

“So Kellen is all set for the tests?”
“Yeah.” I nodded.

I placed my phone in my pocket then wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled lightly and returned the hold with a loving bear hug rocking us from side to side. I rolled my eyes but smiled resting my head on his shoulder as he continued rocking us. How does he always know how to calm me down?

“So what are we going to do tonight?” He asked after a few minutes.
“Dunno, what do you want to do?”
“Movies until we fall asleep and junk food!”

I laughed and pulled away so I could see his face. Always secretly a kid at heart.

“That’s if you want to do that too.” He added giving me pleading eyes.
“Sounds good to me.” I smiled.
“Good, then I can make you sit down and relax for once.” He grinned.

I nodded and hid my face in his neck because that time I couldn’t return the smile.

Was it really that obvious that I was stressed? Wasn’t I hiding it well enough? I know that I’m not a strong person really at all, but I know for now I just have to be, because if I don’t then Kellen might start putting more stress on his shoulders, which he can’t have right now; it could make him worse. And I can’t handle seeing Brayden look at me so sadly and hopelessly wishing that he could do something to help.

He’s doing the best he can possibly do to help me now, I don’t want him thinking that he wasn’t helping me at all in anyway because he really is. He’s doing way more than he could probably ever guess.

Slowly Brayden pulled away from me and slid his hand into mine pulling me into the house. I followed him...like a lost kicked puppy, but he turned to grin at me. I just had to smile back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it :3
I'm pre-write this shit
What do you think of this so far? I have most of this planned out which for me is amazing as I normally just wing every story and let it just type it's self, I wonder if I'll even stay with what I've planned so far xD

Gyroscope is an Aussie band btw, from my home state actually :3

Comment and Subscrbe?