Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Ten

I laughed as I sorted through my piles of clothes the next day. Remembering Penny and I running around the mall, hottest food joint, and movie theater, not finding Jace anywhere, gave me a chuckle. I grabbed a discarded white longsleeved tunic and a pair of dark blue skinny jeans. Thoughtful, I added a green button-down vest and some knee-high brown boots that looked like riding boots. After I fluffed my loose curls and added a chain necklace, I was out the door.

At school, I debated whether or not to avoid Jace or directly speak to him. I went with the latter. After grabbing my first classes' books, I walked around the halls for him. Jace, Penny, and even Jess were nowhere in sight. Confused, I looked around and finally spotted him. He stood outside study hall, waiting for the door to open. I traveled through the crowded hallways, keeping my eyes on him. Finally, I stood before him. Surprise traveled briefly through his eyes, and he looked down at me. Nothing was said.

"Look, I just want to appologize for yesterday. I didn't mean to cry all over you. Thank you for giving me a ride home." A hot blush crept into my cheeks. "So...yeah." Mortification took over, and I turned to go. Suddenly I felt a warm hand on my arm. I turned back to Jace, and he looked into my eyes.

"Have dinner with me on Friday." He said simply. I struggled to find something to say.

"B-but, you just went out with Jess, and..." I sighed. "Why?"

He looked confused for a moment, but he recovered quickly and said, "Why not?"

"There's a million reasons why not." I sighed, but just as I was about to answer, Jess barged up and pushed me to the side. I stumbled but luckily didn't trip. Penny had caught me. I looked up at her and she lightly shook her head but nodded towards Jace and Jess.

"You dumb idiot! I can't believe you would break up with me!" Jess screamed in his face. A lot of attention turned toward them.

Penny whispered in my ear, "I guess she got over the sad stage." I laughed silently into my hand.

"Jess, I..." Jace tried to say. Jess slapped him hard across the face. I could see a visible hand mark on his cheek. For his credit, he didn't look hurt or show any glimpses of anger or pain.

"Don't even speak to me!" Jess marched into the Study Hall room. Apparently it had been unlocked the whole time. Penny wiggled her eyebrows at me and went in after Jess. The class flooded in, me included. I took a seat next to Penny, and Jace across the room from us.

After Jess left for the library and the class was silent, I pulled out my math homework from the night before and looked up. Jace stared at me. I smiled lightly and mouthed, "Yes." He smiled too and mouthed, "Good." I smiled to myself and went back to my homework.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while!
-K
P.S. Ali's Outfit