Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Eleven

Study Hall came and went, and I finished my homework with minutes to spare. Jace didn’t look up at me again. When the bell rang Penny and I stood and got up to go to our next class. On our way I felt a large hand on my shoulder. I thought it was Jace, so I turned around with a smile on my face. Instead, I found Drew.

“Leave me alone.” I said sourly, turning back on my heel. I glanced at Penny and saw her giving Drew a sour expression as well.

“I need to talk to you,” Drew said. He eyed Penny. “Alone.”

“I don’t have anything to say to you,” I replied. I started to walk but Drew pulled me back again. I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and really looked at him. He looked awful. Bags were under his eyes, and his eyes were bloodshot. For a moment I felt sorry for him, but I quickly shook the feeling off. Why should I feel sorry for him? He’s the one who cheated on me.

“Go ahead, Coin.” I consented, nodding at Penny. She gave me a gentle smile, patted me on the arm, and walked off. I turned to Drew, crossed my arms, and said, “What?”

“I didn’t mean to, Ali. Oh my God, if I could go back,” he made the mistake of trying to hug me. I backed up into someone but didn’t turn around and say sorry like I usually would.

“Do not touch me.” I said coolly. “I don’t want to hear your apologizes. You can’t go back; suck it up and deal with it. We’re over. I told you that two nights ago. I don’t really care whether or not you would go back, or you didn’t mean to, because it happened. No matter how much you want it to go back, it won’t. Even if you were too drunk, you could’ve stopped it. And you didn’t. So for that, I won’t forgive you.” I turned and walked off. I heard Drew call my name but I didn’t care. A little bit of guiltiness found it’s way into my head, but I pushed it away. I wasn’t the one who did wrong. Right?

“You okay?” Penny asked when I walked into class. I nodded and took my seat next to her. I told Penny everything before our teacher walked in. She smiled sympathetically at me and took out her notebook. Suddenly, I couldn’t wait for Friday to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! :)
-K