Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Fifteen

Jace and I left Morimoto’s. I sighed contently. The food was amazing and left a pleasant taste in my mouth. We walked back to the car and Jace opened my door for me again. When he closed it and went around to his door I hurriedly took a mirror out of my purse and made sure there was nothing in my teeth. Not in case he kissed me (which wouldn’t be bad) but to make sure I didn’t smile and there was a piece of rice between my two front teeth. That would be embarrassing.

Jace opened his door and I shoved the compact back into my purse. I dropped the bag by my feet and looked out the window as Jace pulled out of the parking lot. I turned to him and said, “Thank you for dinner.”

Jace turned his head and smiled at me, but said nothing. Instead of going back towards my house, he turned in the opposite direction. I glanced at the digital clock in the car; it was nearly eight. Not late, but not necessarily early.

“Where are we going?” I asked him. Probably another surprise; I felt giddiness when I wondered it if was as great as the first surprise.

“Do you honestly think I’m going to tell you?” He asked me teasingly. I rolled my eyes and watched as he pulled over onto a curb next to Washington’s Park. I looked at him questioningly and he gestured to the park. “Thought we could take a walk,” he said in explanation.

Soon we were both walking on the cobblestone sidewalk through the lush green park. Luckily I didn’t struggle on my heels. It was dusk, though it was eight, since it stayed lighter longer. The sunset cast orange hues on all the trees and flowers around us. We encountered no one else as we walked through the park. Jace pointed out various flowers as we walked. I pointed to a purple-looking one and claimed, “I love that color. What flower is that?”

Jace leaned down and plucked the flower from the plant. “Yours.” He placed it behind my ear and shocks vibrated from my ear down my spine. I shivered. Jace didn’t seem to notice.

Although the flower didn’t match my dress, I left it in because it was pretty. It was also soft against my ear. As we walked down towards the main part of the park, Jace took my hand and intertwined his fingers through mine. My heart picked up speed as we held hands and walked. I walked closer to him and I wonder what we looked like to the passing person. We approached the fountain that stood in the middle of Washington’s Park. It was a statue of Washington himself, and water surrounded him and sprouted from the gun he held. Benches surrounded the stone fountain. We sat down at one looked up at Washington.

“It’s so pretty out,” I said. The sun had set and the moon cast shadows along everything. Although it was spooky, I felt completely safe with Jace. I don’t know how long we sat there, but soon Jace said, “C’mon. I want to show you something.” He led me farther into the dark park. Suddenly we were in a small opening that wandered from the path. It looked as if no one had been in that small section. It was a small patch of grass clear of trees and bushes. It was also secluded.

“This is my favorite part of the park,” Jace explained. He dropped my hand to gesture around us, and my hand turned cold without his hand’s presence. I nodded and thought it was truly beautiful. It was like we were the only people in the world here.

I stepped in a circle as I looked at it, and when I turned around to look at Jace he was standing there, mere inches from me.

“Thanks for coming out with me tonight,” Jace said quietly. I looked into his eyes and mine traveled to his lips. I looked back up at his eyes and his face slowly approached mine. I just stood there, staring at his lips, as they approached mine. Suddenly I felt his, a gentle caress against mine. The smallest whisper of a kiss. I kissed him back a little more forcefully, and suddenly it turned from a sweet, gentle kiss to a passionate one. I pictured myself out of my body, staring at us. The boy, leaning forward with his arm encircling the girl’s waist. The girl, leaning back at the waist so the boy leans forwards, her hands twined around his neck.

Jace pressed me closer to him, hugging me around the waist to his body. My hands went from around his neck to his hair, and we kissed. Suddenly Jace broke away and I nearly fell on my butt. He smiled at me and took my hand. I blushed, but luckily the moon wasn’t shining too brightly here, so he couldn’t see. He led me back to the sidewalk and we went to the car. On the way there I leaned against his shoulder and we continued to hold hands.

When we got back to my house the living room light was on. Penny’s car was still in the driveway; she must’ve decided to spend the night like I told her to a while ago. Jace walked me to the door. I unlocked it, but before I opened it I turned back to Jace. I pecked him on the lips, and turned into the house. I closed the door behind me and leaned my back against it, biting my lip. Best first date. Ever.

Suddenly Penny charged around the corner and looked at me, her eyes wide with shock.

“What?” I exclaimed.

“How did it go?!?” She enthused. I mouthed to be quiet and we went up to my room. Tessa was sound asleep and my mom was in the kitchen, preparing a new menu she was thinking about trying. I closed the door softly behind us and told Penny everything. She squealed when I told her about the meadow in the park.

“That sounds amazing!” Penny said. We jumped up and down together for a minute and then I sat down to take off my pumps. They were beginning to kill me. As I was slipping one off I heard a ding coming from my window. Penny scrunched up her eyebrows and I did too.

“What was that?” Penny asked.

“I don’t know.” I said. I heard the sound again and went over to my window, throwing open my curtains to look outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eep! I've been waiting to write this chapter!!! Kisses and suspense! xD
Please leave me comments; I love reading what everyone thinks of my story!

Thank you,
-K