Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Sixteen

A vague shape stood directly below my window. It looked strange, partly like a human, but two distinct shapes on the horizontal sides of it stood out. I opened my window and looked down to find Drew, a guitar strapped over his shoulder. He was strumming a song, but I could barely hear the words he was singing with it. I heard the words “love”, “without you”, and “sorry” in the song.

Penny came to my shoulder and looked out incredulously at Drew. Not only was it nearly eleven at night, but I could see some of the neighbor’s lights flicker on. Luckily no one looked out their windows. At least, none that I could see.

“Drew!” I hissed. He immediately stopped singing. I didn’t know he could sing. He hit most of the notes, but some of them sounded terrible. I considered telling him this but decided against it.

“Ali, I’m so sorry. I want to make it up to you. I love you, babe.” He looked up at me. I couldn’t focus on his face since he was two stories down and it was pitch-black. He only said he loved me a couple times, and, much to my hate, a spark ignited somewhere within me when he said those three simple words.

“Drew, I thought I told you. It’s over.” I said this calmly, though inside of me was screaming.

“It can’t be over,” Drew expressed. “Not after what we had.”

“Oh please,” I heard Penny mutter under her breath. She turned away from the window, most likely to give me and Drew privacy, though I knew everyone and their brother would be able to hear us. Sooner or later my mom would come up and demand to know what was happening, and what the commotion was.

“I can’t talk right now. In case you haven’t noticed, it’s eleven at night,” I seethed. I started to close the window, but Drew yelled, “Wait! Ali! This can’t wait!”

I flung the window back open and said, “Would you shut up? I’ll be down in a minute.” I didn’t consider what this might lead to. I closed the window and slid on some gym tennis shoes I had laying in my room. Penny whispered, “What are you doing?”

“Going to tell Drew to leave me alone once and for all.” I left the room before Penny could reply and jogged down the steps quietly. I knew I looked ridiculous in my pretty dress and ugly sneakers, but Drew wouldn’t see me anyway. Wait, why was I worrying about what Drew thought? We were over. I’m over him, and tonight with Jace proves that.

I quietly opened the back door and closed it behind me. Drew stood in the middle of our small backyard, the guitar now over his shoulder but still strapped around his chest. I walked to the middle of the yard but stopped several feet from him.

“I don’t want you doing this.” I said quietly. “We’re over, and I told you this a while ago. When I caught you with Bel, my heart broke. It won’t piece back together for you. I’m sorry. I don’t want to be with you anymore.” It pained me to say it, after everything he put me through.

“We have something babe,” Drew said, stepping closer to me. I refused to step back, show fear. I looked him straight in the eye and replied coolly, “Not anymore. Not in my eyes.”

Then, out of nowhere, Drew’s lips were pressed on mine and he was holding me to him. I fought to break away but then gave into the kiss just a little. Jace! My brain screamed at me. Although the kiss was only a couple of seconds, I felt like I cheated on him, so I brought my shaky hand up and slapped Drew as hard as I could across the face. He broke away from me and looked incredulously at me.

“Don’t you ever, ever do that again to me,” I hissed. I wiped my mouth and glared at him. “We are over. I don’t know what else to say to make you believe me.”

“Ali, wait.” Drew’s voice sounded apologetic, but I didn’t want to hear it.

“I’m done. Don’t speak to me.” I turned on my heel and marched safely back to my house. I closed the door behind me, and, not able to help myself, peeked through the curtains. Drew still stood in the middle of the yard, looking crushed. A twinge of guilt entered my heart, but I shook it away. He was the one who cheated on me.

I slipped off the sneakers and back to my room. Penny was sitting on my bed waiting for me when I entered.

“What happened?” She asked. Worry dotted her face.

I honestly didn’t even know anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
All my faithful readers and subscribers, what do you guys think of Ali? Jace? Drew? Penny? I would really like to know what everyone thinks! Please *please*, comment! Let me know! Your comments mean the world to me!
Thank you guys so much!
-K