Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Three

I couldn't stop thinking about him. I thought about the way he stood as I closed my locker. I thought about his eyes and hair all through my first period class, Study Hall. I thought about his clothes and attitude during second period History. I thought about how he stared at me during Art, third period. I didn't think it was natural for a girl like me, with a good boyfriend, to be thinking about another guy as much as I was.

I saw him again during fourth period. He was in my class, English. I knew this because while I was talking to Penny suddenly the whole class hushed and in strode no other then the hot new kid himself. He handed a tardy note to the teacher, Ms. Holly, and exchanged a few quiet words. Since the class was so quiet I could pick up a couple of words.

"New...sit...Ali..." I could've swore I heard my name, but I shook it off as paranoia. Suddenly, the new kid turned around and made his way towards me. A few kids looked in my direction, but I couldn't read the looks on their faces. The kid dropped down in the only empty seat in the room, the one to the right of me.

Of course, I thought to myself. He had to sit somewhere.

"Class. Quiet down. We have a new student with us today; his name is Jace Baxter. Please make him feel welcome. Now class, today we are..." Ms. Holly continued with the lesson plans while I felt self-conscious with the new kid -- Jace -- sitting next to me. Penny tapped me on the shoulder and threw a note over it. It landed on my desk, in the middle of my fat English book. I quietly opened it and read the message inside.

Everyone is right! Jace is smokin'!

I quickly wrote a small scribble on the bottom and tossed it back over my shoulder to Penny, watching Ms. Holly the whole time.

Shut up! :P You goin' to go after him?

Penny didn't pass the note back for the rest of class. I looked over my shoulder at her twice, but she was looking at her book. I wonder if I made her mad, though I just suggested it. She didn't have a boyfriend; hadn't since a jerk from the basketball team broke up with her. She was pretty, with blond hair and blue eyes. Her hair fell in waves across her shoulders and down her back, and many guys stared at her often. She never liked any of them since the basketball jerk, though.

At the end of class while grabbing my books I looked up at Penny, who was waiting for me.

"You never answered my note," I said pointedly.

"Sorry," she replied, without an explanation. I decided not to push her.

"Well, I gotta go. Trig is killer today and I want to get there a few minutes early and go over my homework with Mr. S." Penny waved lightly goodbye to me and breezily walked out the door. I noticed some guys stare after her as they left Ms. Holly's room.

I didn't hear his footsteps while I gathered my books, and I ran smack into his chest while making sure I had everything. My books scattered on the floor as I looked up angrily at the new kid-Jace. I hadn't realized that Jace was so much taller then me; he was at least five inches taller. He leaned down to help me scoop up my books.

"Thanks," I said as he handed me my English and Algebra books. I glanced up at his face and nearly melted. His eyes were locked on mine and a smoldering grin played on his lips.

"No problem. I'm Jace."

"Ali. Nice to meet you. How do you like it?" I asked and gestured around the room, referring to the school. We walked out of Ms. Holly's together. Several students looked and whispered as Jace and I walked down the hall. He walked so close to me that his arm bumped mine. As we walked I took a half step to the side so we weren't touching anymore; I didn't want word going around that I was cheating on Drew. Even the casual bumping of arms and walking together got referred to as "cheating" at my school.

"It's fine. What class are you going to?" Jace seemed mysterious to me; just saying that it was fine with no explanation seemed mysterious to me at least. I mentally slapped myself for letting my mind wander; it tended to do that when I was nervous.

"Umm...Algebra 2. Ah, here it is." I gestured to the Algebra 2 room. Suddenly I thought I was doing a lot of gesturing, and let my arm flop down to my side. Jace looked amused.

"I'm in this class as well," he said to my surprise. We walked in and he continued on to the teacher without so much as a goodbye. Penny wasn't with me in this class, but to my luck Drew was. I took my seat beside him, forgetting about Jace for a minute.

"Hey babe," Drew said, pulling my desk towards his on the left. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jace watching me. Before I could say anything to Drew he noticed Jace staring at me and Drew kissed me hard on the mouth. I lost the sight of Jace through Drew's thick hair. I kissed him for a minute longer and drew back when the bell rang.

Jace was still watching me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I added some characters; why don't you guys check them out? Tell me what you think!
If anyone thinks of a good person who could play Drew or Jace, let me know....I couldn't think of anyone!
Comments and Subscriptions would be awesome!
Thanks,
-K