Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Six

I exited the bathroom to find the hallway empty. Instead of crossing the intersection Jace and Jess were in a minute ago, I went the long way to my locker, despite the fact I was already late to Study Hall. I grabbed my first three classes' books and binders and entered Study Hall.

The teacher wasn't there yet, as usual. Normally during Study Halls the teacher didn't get to the classroom until halfway through the period. I ripped apart the fake late-note I had scribbled out and made my way towards Penny until I realized who was sitting next to her-Jace and Jess. I mentally kicked myself for going to the library during Study Hall yesterday; if I would've been here I would've known that Jace was in this class as well. As for Jess, I knew she was in this class, but it had slipped my mind while I was hurrying not to be late. I glanced at Penny, and she hesitantly shrugged her shoulders. Since the teacher wasn't here yet I couldn't race to the library and hole up in it. I sat down next to Penny and completely ignored Jess and Jace.

"Hey, Coin." I told Penny. She was acting nicer now, so I wondered if she forgot the earlier bathroom argument.

"I'm sorry, there wasn't anything I could do about it," was her response. "It pains me as much as you."

"That's fine. Do you want to go to the library when the teach gets here?" I nodded as the teacher, a man about forty and a teacher for another class I didn't have, came into the room.

"I have to go to my locker. I'll meet you there." Penny went to the front as I pulled out my math homework to finish the last two problems I had forgotten about last night.

Someone slid into the seat Penny occupied a minute ago and just as I was about to tell them that I looked up and practically swooned into Jace's eyes.

"Need help?" He asked. I looked over his shoulder at Jess, who was gossiping with the girl sitting next to her.

"Not from you," I said rudely. I didn't mean to be rude but I didn't want him near me.

"Look, about earlier..." Jace trailed off.

"You have no reason to explain to me. I'm not your girlfriend, I probably never will be, and I don't even know you so why would you need to explain to me?" Something flashed in Jace's eyes, which I decided to ignore.

"I thought we were getting to be friends," he said instead.

"You don't become friends in a day and a half." I shoved the math homework back into my folder, resolving to do it at the library.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't feel anything for her." He said this as I was getting out of my chair. I stopped in my tracks and looked down into his beautiful black eyes. I was so shocked, I couldn't feel a retort coming to me like they usually did.

"What did you say?" I asked, needing him to say it again so I didn't imagine it.

"I said, I don't feel anything for her. Jess." He said it like it should've been a known fact.

"Why are you telling me this? And you should probably tell Jess because she has a feeling that you are going to get married and have kids." I nodded to Jess, who switched from gossiping to drawing her and Jace's name on a piece of notebook paper. Hearts covered the page.

"Because I felt like you ought to know. I like..." He stopped and his eyes widened, like he was just about to say something he would regret.

"You like...?" I trailed off like he did.

"Nothing. Just thought you should know." Before I could ask him why he didn't tell her, he switched back into his seat and slid his arm around Jess's waist. I slowly walked to the sign-out sheet and headed for the library. I couldn't help wondering if Jace was adorable for admitting that to me, or utterly stupid for doing what he was doing. I was more confused after I left then when I went in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me how it is, please! And who do you guys think should play Jace, Drew? Let me know in the comments!
Subscriptions and comments are lovely! :D
Thanks,
-K