Status: Completed :D (Maybe an Epilogue...idk)

Windows of the Soul

Chapter Nine

Sunday was worse then Saturday. I got a billion calls and texts from Drew, saying things like, "I didn't know what I was doing, babe, please call me!" and "I'm sorry! Call me!" Of course I wasn't going to call him, so I deleted all his calls and messages. Penny called about every ten minutes, asking if I was okay and I wanted company yet. Finally I consented, and here we were now.

"I can't believe that jerk!" Penny fumed, sitting on the corner of my bed as I lay curled under the warm sheets. My eyes were puffy and my nose was stuffed with snot. I wasn't sure if I had come down with something or got Heartbreak Disease. I blew my nose as Penny continued on her rant. "And of all people? Bel? She's the one who probably got him in that closet."

"I don't care who got him in there; the main purpose is that he cheated on me," I started to cry again. Penny enveloped me into a hug and I sniffled into her shoulder.

"Was he drunk?" She asked me softly. I recalled the look on his face when he realized he'd been caught.

"He could've been, not sure." I said. My phone buzzed. I picked it up, looked at Drew's smiling face, and flung it across the room. It slid against the carpet and knocked softly into the wall. I wasn't angry enough to break the only phone I'd ever had.

After hearing so much from Drew and Penny, the one person I was hoping would call never did. Ever since I last saw him Friday night, Jace had attempted no contact with me. I hope I hadn't turned him off. I made sure I didn't get any snot on his shoulder. After I had no more tears to run down my face Jace and I got into his car and he drove me home. I gave him directions. As I got out I mumbled an incoherent "Thanks," and ran into my house. I wasn't sure if he heard me.

"What happened after you left the party?" Penny asked me. I was hesitant to tell her. I wanted to keep my encounter with Jace a secret, but I decided that she was my best friend and deserved to know as much as me. I told her the long, sad truth, and by the end she was visibly surprised.

"So unresponsive Jace has a heart?" She asked jokingly.

"I don't know...he didn't really say anything." I replied.

"Well, we're going to have to do something about this." Penny got up and paced around my room. My phone buzzed again but I ignored it. Suddenly Penny's phone rang her text ring tone. She glanced down at the message and her eyes widened. She threw it to me and I caught it, looking at a message from Jess. It said, "Jace and i broke up!!! noo im so sad come make me feel better!!!!!" As much as I hated it, a warm feeling came into my heart. I looked up at Penny to see her expression. It looked...happy.

"This is perfect!" She exclaimed. "Now we can get you and Jace together!"

"What?" I sputtered. "What about Jess?"

"Best friends are more important then so-so friends." Penny winked at me. "If you like Jace, there's nothing stopping me from going matchmaker." She turned and started sorting through my closet.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled.

"Picking you out something to wear, silly! We're going boy-hunting!" Penny flung several items out of my closet and ordered me to put them on. Maybe things would start to look better. Jace was in my aim now (as well as Penny's for me), so we'd start immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you readers!
Please comment/subscribe!
-K