Sequel: Infinite Love
Status: Being rewritten:)

Love Undefined

Eleven

I woke up early the next morning in Mikal’s arms. I gently released myself from him and went into the bathroom. I took a shower and got ready for the day. Mikal was awake when I came back out. He stared at me for a minute before standing up and walking into the bathroom. I sighed and sat down on the bed. I shook my head as tears formed, Mikal didn’t want this. He was only helping me because he’s doing the responsible thing. I didn’t want this either but I’m against abortion and adoption. Mikal walked out of the bathroom and took my hand. We walked into the kitchen where Mikal put cereal in a bowl and handed it to me.
“What do you think we should do? My parents probably won’t mind having a baby living in the house. They shouldn’t since they have a newborn and then Ryan almost always had Kylee over as an infant.”
“I can afford a place for us. I don’t want you to have to take care of the baby by yourself at night but I don’t think your parents would like me living with you guys.” He looked at me.
“I don’t want to move away from my parents. I’m only sixteen,” I gaped at him.
“I’m only seventeen, I don’t want this either. But this is happening and there is nothing I can do to change this. I’m trying to help you. The first thing we need to do is tell your parents and my aunt. They can help us make some of these decisions.” I glared at him and jumped when the back door opened and his aunt walked in.
“Hey, there, you two,” she smiled at us.
“Hey, Aunt Lauren, we need to tell you something.” Mikal gulped and glanced at me. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. “Um, Kristine’s pregnant,” she stared at him for a minute before looking at me and then back at Mikal.
“Mikal, if you don’t help her I will personally be her lawyer and put your ass in court and make you help her.” She threatened him. He stared at her his eyes wide. I smirked as he nodded and his aunt smiled at me. “It’ll get better, don’t worry.” I smiled back at her before looking at Mikal.

*

Mikal took me back over to my house where we sat Mom, Dad, Ryan, Sam, Rose, and Tyler down in the living room and told them. I had tears streaming down my face before the words even left my mouth. Ryan stormed out of the room and up the stairs to his room. I ran after him and left Mikal with my parents.
I went up the stairs and ran into Ryan’s room. I went in and saw Ryan throw a book into the wall.
“Ryan?” I sobbed looking at him.
“WHAT!” He yelled.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen.”
“You’re sorry.” He yelled. “Maybe you should have listened to me. I warned you, and what do you do? You smile and thank me and then go have sex. Have you not seen how much trouble I have helping Amber support Kylee? I wish I didn’t have to. I wish I didn’t get Amber pregnant. Now you have too! How could you be so stupid?”
I backed away like he slapped me. I turned and ran into Mikal who wrapped his arms around me. He glared at Ryan and rubbed my back.
“Don’t talk to her like that. She doesn’t deserve it.” Mikal said. He pushed me out the door as Ryan charged him. Mikal didn’t move as Ryan punched him down. He got up and I clung to his arm, wanting nothing more than to go to my room where I could cry while Mikal held me. Mikal pushed me back with the arm I held. He nodded to me and I let go thinking he was coming with me.
He threw himself at Ryan. I screamed, “Mikal!” he just kept punching Ryan. I heard running and saw my parents before running in and grabbing Mikal’s arm as Ryan shoved him off. Mikal and I were thrown back and I screamed before my head hit the wall.