Sequel: Infinite Love
Status: Being rewritten:)

Love Undefined

Eighteen

The next morning I woke up to Mikal talking to someone on the phone.
“Autumn, would you please just come out and see us. Ii know you graduated last month. It would mean a lot to me and Kristine. Thank you,” he hung up and looked over at me. “Hey, sorry if I woke you up. She is coming over and she is going to stay for a while. How did you sleep last night?”
“It was fine, I’m still really tired.” I climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom. He followed me and sat down on the tub.
“Why don’t you lie down and rest for the day?” He rubbed my thigh soothingly.
“I have to finish my assignments before I can rest.” I sighed and put my head in my hands. “I don’t know if I can keep doing this. All I ever do is sleep, I just want to be homeschooled until the twins are six weeks old.”
“Okay, why don’t we talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment? I know it’s two weeks away but I think you can manage until then.” I nodded and walked downstairs. I ate a bowl of cereal and grabbed my backpack. I went into the living room and lay down on the couch pulling out my homework. Mikal sat in the glider watching T.V. I ended up falling asleep and I woke up when I heard someone yelling throughout the house for Mikal. He noticed I was awake and gave me a small smile before kissing my forehead. I relaxed as he went out to the door.
“Come on, Kristine’s in the living room, resting.” I heard Mikal say and I assumed he was talking to his sister. “Kristine,” Mikal said walking in with a woman behind him. I tried standing up and barely made it off the couch before Mikal came over and helped me. I smiled at him before looking at the woman. “Kristine, this is my sister, Autumn. Autumn this is my girlfriend and the mother of my children, Kristine.”
“Hi,” I said quietly.
“You don’t have to be nervous, Hon,” Autumn said smiling. “I’m not as scary as I look.” She walked over and hugged me before looking at my stomach. “May I?” She gestured to my baby bump.
“Yeah, of course, they aren’t moving yet.” She gently touched my stomach and smiled.
“It’s so weird,” she whispered. “I never thought Mikal would start a family. He never really got over our parents’ death.”
“Autumn, stop trying to put doubts in her head.” Mikal glared at her while I looked at him before realizing that Autumn was testing me. I wrapped my arms around his waist. I buried my face in his side and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.
“Don’t glare at me, Mikal, I need to make sure she’s good enough for my baby brother.”
“Autumn, she’s pregnant, please just stop trying to stress her out.” Mikal rubbed my back soothingly. I relaxed and unwound myself from Mikal’s arms and sat down on the couch again. I pulled my books toward me. I started working on my homework again. Autumn sat down where Mikal had been sitting and Mikal sat next to me.
We sat in awkward silence until Aunt Lauren got home. I was putting away my books when she walked in and looked at Autumn in shock. I excused myself and carefully stood up. I hear Mikal say something and then he caught up to me.
“Baby, are you okay? I’m sorry about my sister. She isn’t always the nicest person in the world.”
“I’m fine, Mikal,” I started going upstairs and he took my and going up with me. We eventually made it up and we went into our room. I dropped my backpack on the floor and climbed into bed. Mikal lay down next to me and pulled me into his arms. I lay my head on his chest and let my hands rest on my stomach. I slowly fell asleep.