Sequel: Infinite Love
Status: Being rewritten:)

Love Undefined

Twenty

“Kristine, time to get up, Honey,” I opened my eyes and Mikal smiled at me. He kissed my forehead. “I have to leave for school, but Aunt Lauren asked me to get you up. Please send me the ultrasounds as soon as you can.” I nodded and he helped me out of the bed before kissing my lips and bending down to kiss my baby bump. “I love you,”
“I love you, too,” he smiled at me and walked out of the room. I sighed before walking to the bathroom and getting ready for the day.
The car ride to my appointment was awkward. We didn’t speak and the radio was on softly. I sighed inwardly as we pulled up to the building. They called me back and Aunt Lauren stayed in the waiting room. We walked past some exam rooms and I looked in not expecting to see anybody. In one of the rooms looking at a picture with her hand resting on her stomach was Autumn. My eyes widened but I kept walking.
They checked my vitals before spreading the gel and waving the wand over my abdomen.
“Where’s Mikal today?” She asked as we watching the twins move on the screen.
“He had a test today so he is at school.” She nodded and pressed a few more buttons before cleaning off my stomach and printing me two sets of pictures. “Okay, the doctor will be right in.” I nodded and she left.
I took a picture of the ultrasounds with my phone and sent them to Mikal. He text me back asking if I was done yet. I answered quickly before the doctor walked in.
“Hello, Kristine, how are you today?”
“I’m okay,”
“Good, where’s Mikal?” she asked concerned.
“He had a test at school that he couldn’t miss.” She nodded.
“Well, looking over your ultrasounds and seeing the size of the fetuses, and how far along you are I am going to say that you may stay home from school. Stay off your feet as much as possible. I only want you on your feet for an hour a day.” Ii nodded. “I am going to write a note to your school and give it to you before you leave. You should go and get it sorted out as soon as possible.” She wrote my note and handed it to me. I thanked her and left asking Aunt Laurent o take me to the school to get everything taken care of.
Aunt Lauren stayed in the car while I went into the school. I saw Mikal on his way to class and waved at him. He smiled and came over to me.
“Hey, Baby,” he kissed me before leaning down and talking to the twins. “Hey, Babies, Daddy loves you so much and I loved seeing the pictures of you two.” I smiled at him and he finally stood up. “So what did your doctor say?”
“I can stay home, and I can only be on my feet for an hour a day. I’m here trying to get something set up with the school so I don’t fall behind.” He nodded and then dragged me to his locker. “Mikal, what are you doing?”
“I’m going home with you to help get you set up.” He grabbed his homework and dragged me to my locker and grabbed all of my books.
“Mikal, let me help you.”
“No, I’ve got it. Let’s get you all sorted out.” Forty- five minutes later we walked out and I decided to go with Mikal so Aunt Lauren could get to work.
“So what are we going to do?” I asked him quietly as he drove.
“I grabbed some of your homework this morning so we can do our homework. I don’t know who I’m going to find to stay with you.”
“I’m not a child Mikal,”
“No, you’re not but you’re only allowed on your feet for an hour a day.” I glared at him as he helped me out of the car. He looked at me for a minute and sighed. “I’m sorry, I just worry about you guys so much. You guys are the most important people in my life.” I gave him a small smile and he kissed my forehead.
“Babe,” he looked at me. “I’m hungry,” he laughed.
“Of course you are,” I sat down at the table and watched as he made oatmeal for us.
It was two o’clock by the time we finished eating and did most of our homework. Mikal carried me upstairs and lay me down on our bed. He climbed in next to me and we quickly fell asleep.
“Kristine,” I opened my eyes. “We have a slight problem.”
“What’s wrong?”
“My parents’ house burned down.” I gasped.
“Where are we going to move?”
“We’ll figure it out, Baby, I promise.”