Status: Active!

Don't Get Sentimental On Me

Afraid

"Adri, would you completely hate me if I went to hang out with John today?"

"No! Go, you crazy kid," I said. I honestly just wanted to get rid of her. I love her, I do, but I wanted to breathe for a minute.

"Alright, I'll see you later!"

But when she was gone, I got lonely for her. I missed her easily. I hated to see her go when the time for her to came around. She was my best friend and I needed her in my life. She wasn't here though and she couldn't help me when she was so far away. She couldn't be an active member in my life. It was hard.

I then realized that Garrett was closest to me here. He knew my secrets...my weaknesses...my downfalls. All of them involving Kennedy. Then there was Kennedy. I missed him. He hadn't been to my house in a while.

"Kennedy...come over," I said into the reciever.

"Why? Are you okay? Jamie, is she okay?"

"Yeah. She went to John's for the day... I just wanted someone to hang with."

"I'll be over," I had expected him to say that he was with Haley or something, but he didn't.

He let himself in, carrying Chinese take-out and a DVD in his hands. He pulled some plates out of the cabinet and dumped the food onto them.

"I really appreciate this."

"It sounded like you really needed me," he smiled.

"What movie did you bring?"

"My all-time favorite, That Thing You Do."

We settled down on the couch, enjoying our take-out as Kenedy plugged in the movie. The song was so catchy.

You,
Doin' that thing you do,
Breaking my heart into a million pieces,
Like you always do


I could sing it backwards by the end of the film. When it was all over, Kennedy looked down at me and asked me how I liked it. He looked like an excited little boy. I couldn't help, but to lean towards him just to get a better look at him. He moved even closer, turning himself more towards me. I finally breathed in, realizing that I was drowning in the atmosphere.

"I think...I think I should go, Adrianne," he said as he stood.

I couldn't speak at first as I watched him grab his jacket off the back of the dining room chair. I watched him fumble with the DVD player. I went to him, sitting down beside him on the floor. He moved away quickly.

"Thank you...Kennedy!" I said, standing.

"It was really no big deal!" he said nervously as he struggled to get his jacket on.

"No, Kennedy, thank you," I said.

"Yeah, yeah. I did it for you," he rushed towards the door, but I didn't want him to escape without him knowing.

"Kennedy!" I yelled.

He simply turned and looked at me, his motions slowing. The air in the room was thick. It was dead silent. I never wanted it to be that quiet ever again. I almost wished death upon me at that exact moment, the tension was just driving me so mad. Kennedy continued to stare. The only noise in the room after just a minute was the sound of him exhaling before he left, shutting the door on us.

And you,
Don't mean to be cruel,
You never even knew about the heartache,
I've been going through

* * * * *
I walked over to John's when I got bored enough. I wanted to check up on Jamie to see that all was well over there. She may kill me for it later, but I didn't care at that moment. I knocked, hoping and praying they all had their clothes on.

"Oh hey, Adri," Garrett said, greeting me with a mouth-full of food.

"What the fuck?! Garrett?! What are you doing here?!"

"Pat and I got bored and came over here. Jared isn't here though because he went out with his girlfriend. We heard that Kennedy went over to your place-"

"From who?!"

"Okay, we saw his car in your driveway. But anyways, we came over here and saw John and Jamie making out on the couch. We would have went and knocked on your door, but we didn't want to interrupt anything."

"We were watching That Thing You Do."

"What about the best movie ever made?!" Pat asked, poking his head out the door.

"It also happens to be Pat's favorite movie," Garrett said, letting me into the house, "So what happened?"

"I got bored and called him over to my house to hang. He brought Chinese take-out and That Thing You Do."

"Ooh."

"What?"

"He's got it bad for you," Garrett said.

"That's not very comforting considering the fact that he has a girlfriend."

"What happened when the movie ended?"

"He looked at me and we moved closer together...I thought we were going to...kiss. Then nothing."

"Nothing?"

"He left."

"Damn, someone's got to slap that boy," Pat said.

"Hey, Adri! I thought I heard you come in!" John said.

He was wearing an apron that read, "Kiss the Cook" and he also donned an oven mitt that looked like a dinosaur puppet. Jamie was standing off to the side with a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon in hand.

"We're making cookes!"

"I can see it now. O'Reilly and O'Callaghan's cooking show," I laughed.

"We wanted some chocolate chip cookies," Garrett said.

"Want some?!" Jamie asked.

"Most certainly," I said taking a hot one off the pan.

"Why did you make so many?"

"I doubled the recipe...I didn't actually think it would make fifty cookies," she laughed heartily as John laughed with her, putting an arm around her.

I knew that Jamie was going to miss it here. John was making it exceptionally harder for her to leave. Maybe now she would visit more often if she had - not only me - but John to visit. And her family. She had her cousin to visit of course.

We sat down with our cookies and turned on some music to party to. I had had a pretty bad and good day at the same time. This would only make the good side higher than the bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! It's been two weeks since I updated! I appologize! thank you for on-going encouragement!

I helped my friend splatter-paint her room yesterday and I painted an Octopus on her windowsill!:) I had so much fun! It was the first time I've been over to a friend's house since like...October:P

So, yeah let me know what you think about this chapter. I'll update a week from today if I get....six comments:) I think that's reasonable!

Oh, my news is (incase you aren't reading my Garrett story) is that I will be posting a new story very soon. It's another Garrett story, and I do realize that this is a Kennedy story, but I thought I would mention it for anybody who loves Garrett too!